How to get the bogies of a Craven

Rate this topic

Noel

One of our dear brethren over on the FaceBook site asked how to get the bogies off an RPSI craven in order to fit the clever Murphy Models shim fixes for the wobbley RPSI cravens.  My answer below. (tongue in check you understand and which sub-forum this post was made in). 

Get a decent vice grips out of the tractor toolbox, clamp the coach body firmly in a bench vice, then clamp the vice grips on the bogie, place a 1" chisel between the bogie and under frame, then give the chisel a belt with a block hammer and the bogie should fly off, but recommend tying some bailing twine to it beforehand so you don't lose it when it flies off!  scratch_one-s_head.gif 

IMG_4493.JPG

IMG_4494.JPG

Just kidding smile3.gif Seriously the bogies just pull off by hand.  The are plastic snap fittings.  See real pic below.

IMG_4491.JPG

• Funny 2

The RPSI bogies seem a lot harder to remove than the original MM ones

Plastic is harder or something

Kieran asked me about removing them and as I had not removed mine I tried this afternoon

Used a trusty Leatherman blade to force them apart

Be careful when returning the coaches to their packaging, it is directional so the coach only goes in one way.

8 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

I now have about 100 of the shims given to me by MM

They are basically small washers, not the brass affairs that we saw at the 3 day show in October

I will have them at the IRM annual boxing tournament on the 3rd if anyone needs them

Dave might be no harm to add the above comment to one of the serious threads on the RPSI cravens rather than in here in 'Letting off steam' :) Just for future searchers in case they thought the start of this thread was serious.

Edited by Noel
The usual neurological stuff