Preorders of IRM Tara Mines Wagon begin this weekend

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

5a95a9f7d4bf4_TaraMinesPackA.thumb.jpg.b27affd852da25f452ad84df1fa164b3.jpg

We're delighted to announce that we will open the order book for the Tara Mines wagons this weekend at our range launch! The first run of models will see five packs of two wagons in the current red oxide scheme, giving you an authentic ten wagon train.

The wagons promise to have a level of detail yet to be seen in 4mm, including rotating axle caps, kinematic couplings and a wealth of separately applied detail.

We will be able to take orders at the event on Saturday and online. Prices will be €79.95 per pack.

Excited? We are! :)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • WOW! 2

Noticed wagon number 26 in there. Hope its a typo guys. 26 and 27 are ex shakes. Edit looks like 20 not 26. Limited by my phone screen. 

Are you doing a rake special price with the ballast discount codes? 

Delighted they are so close now, they always fascinated me fir some reason. Can't wait to all these features up close in person. 

Edited by Railer

12 minutes ago, Railer said:

Noticed wagon number 26 in there. Hope its a typo guys. 26 and 27 are ex shakes. Edit looks like 20 not 26. Limited by my phone screen. 

Are you doing a rake special price with the ballast discount codes? 

Correct Graham, it's 20, not 26. 

Yes, you will be able to get a rake discount using your ballast codes if you purchase all 5 packs :) 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

ok thats a wow>> including rotating axle caps

You know us George, keep pushing the standards forward. It took a lot of design to sort it out (some American models have it, but they can clip in on the design of their bogies, whereas ours is a fully enclosed bearing) but we have got a design in place for it. 

Kinematic coupling system is similar to the ones used in coaches to bring them closer together on straights and open out on curves. We will ensures ours will work properly! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • WOW! 1

The specs sound amazing. What is really nice is the buffers look the right scale length for compressed mode when coupled up close with another wagon (i.e. rather than fully extended like a standalone uncoupled wagon).  This may allow scale distances between the wagons in a rake when coupled (i.e. similar to Bachmann's coupling distances and adapted buffer lengths).

Edited by Noel
  • Thanks 2

Yes, Let hope these are tested as some of the couplings on Irish Coaches has left a lot to be desired. 

A quick google on he couplings gives you an idea of what the couplings are about.

It is pretty unreal the constant stream of releases in the Model Railway world, I really wonder if it is sustainable. Same for Plastic model kits. 

These are certainly good Value though. Will all the 5 packs contain wagons of Different numbers?

EDIT: afterI posted IRM advised:  We will ensures ours will work properly! ...Good news.

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Georgeconna said:

Yes, Let hope these are tested as some of the couplings on Irish Coaches has left a lot to be desired. 

A quick google on he couplings gives you an idea of what the couplings are about.

It is pretty unreal the constant stream of releases in the Model Railway world, I really wonder if it is sustainable. Same for Plastic model kits. 

These are certainly good Value though. Will all the 5 packs contain wagons of Different numbers?

They most certainly will George, each wagon has a different running number! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:
1 hour ago, Glenderg said:

Robert it is indeed a classic conundrum.  

Ha ! Like the idea  certainly future proofing!  and along with the wagons a good seller - trainset stuff I think. 

Yea a low end turbo roller skate yo-yo for santa's stocking. Our grand children would love racing them back and forth. I think though a snow plough attachment or wagon might be more of an appropriate seasonal item. 

The taras should prove popular though.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

About a year and half ago I was contemplating investing in rake of these from another source.In the end I decided I wouldn't for a couple of reasons.So good things do come to those who wait.But as Rich has said in a previous post these aren't just good their special.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Railer said:

Guys, just saw the full rake for 375. Which is a great deal in my opinion. Is there a further reduction with the discount ballast code. 

Can't wait for these, cheers. 

Hi Graham,

This rake deal is for anyone who DOES NOT have a discount code from the ballast wagons we sold directly from our website or shows. It works out at a 5% discount.

If you have a code, you add the five packs to the cart and put the code in at the checkout and you will get 10% off the overall price, which is €355.

Hope this helps!

Fran

• Like 1
  • WOW! 1

I thought so, I video-d them several times 2000-2006 but they seemed to be a lot dirtier then. On the video's I took the loaded trains always stopped just past Church Road Box at the overbridge, and I think possibly the couplings  were somehow slackened off or the vacumn brakes disconnected before going on to Alexandra Road. A few views in this album

ERnie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Zinc Ore is a horrible bit of goods, seriously corrosive and can destroy a paint finish in little or no time. There's a reason why there's not many shots of the wagons up on the tippler. It would be so easy to ascribe a "grey livery" to what's actually "red oxide", but blink and things change. Here's a shot I grabbed off google earth many years ago, to highlight the mad colours as they change.

When talking to our man at North Wall, it became clear that these are the hardest working pieces of stock, not just MK4's etc., on the network, and they see a similar level of scrutiny from an inspection point of view that should see them working for some time to come.  R.

Edit - Mr. Brack, hardly a day goes by that the Curious and Questioning Department of IRM /Accurascale doesn't access your library. Many a bet has been settled on foot of photographic evidence, for which we're all so grateful. 

tararake.jpg

Edited by Glenderg
To thank Colin
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

What I have noticed about the Taras though is that you almost never saw them in red oxide as regularly as the past 8 years or so. Before then almost always brown with red patches. To me it's almost like the wagons got more attention since the the withdrawal of the cement flows.