Preorders of IRM Tara Mines Wagon begin this weekend

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

1 hour ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Did you say you were doing a Weedspray?

Ballybrophy 1980 is written on the back

A Class double heading,

That's an interesting photo, the A Classes were gathered there in 1980 to get the asbestos removed from their cabs, the work been undertaken inside the old locomotive shed in the distance. I suspect that may not be a double header on the sprayer but just engines positioned temporarily there. The old sprayer was no longer used by then, with the newer yellow tanks version being introduced in 1978, but the old sprayer languished in Ballybrophy during 1980s.

I was wondering with the model version proposed, will one be able to remove the yellow tanks from the bogey flat so one could recreate the sprayer with shorter 4-wheel flat wagons?:D

Edited by Eiretrains
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Eiretrains said:

I was wondering with the model version proposed, will one be able to remove the yellow tanks from the bogey flat so one could recreate the sprayer with shorter 4-wheel flat wagons?:D

I don't see why not Ciaran. They're modelled to the 1TEU ISO standards so all lugs are in the right place, even spares will be there, so they should be mounted prototypically to the flat wagon. R.

• Like 2

On 9 March 2018 at 3:59 PM, Warbonnet said:

While I'm here, a bit of prototype inspiration for you. 112 is one of the more popular releases from Paddy. Now you can have the perfect train for your model loco. 

14505317466_32d3441cb3_b.jpgNIR 112 nabij Duleek by Werner Bastiaanse, on Flickr

Humph!

MY 112 spends its life in front of twelve of your bubbles. 

Best toy in my box!

Leslie

• Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2018 at 11:53 AM, Railer said:

They will be doing the blue tara livery too. 

Have IRM confirmed that they'll do the blue livery @Warbonnet and can I hold onto and use my ballast discount code for those?  At the rate the present livery os pre-selling that should be possible, I would have thought. We only saw six unique orange bubbles so I'm hoping we'll see a complete set of Taras in the blue livery. I need to look in my ballast wagons. Was there one code per order or set or what?

20 minutes ago, DiveController said:

Have IRM confirmed that they'll do the blue livery @Warbonnet and can I hold onto and use my ballast discount code for those?  At the rate the present livery os pre-selling that should be possible, I would have thought. We only saw six unique orange bubbles so I'm hoping we'll see a complete set of Taras in the blue livery. I need to look in my ballast wagons. Was there one code per order or set or what?

Hi Kevin,

Yes, yes and one code per set.

cheers!

Fran

I wonder if there could be a facility for invoices/receipt to show the goods as bulk purchases of washing powder, lawn mower spares, etc. This could make things easier for those under domestic pressures.

Obviously, for fertiliser wagons, it just needs a few omissions for 'her' to think that the purchaser is actually behaving as instructed.

• Funny 1

10 minutes ago, Broithe said:

I wonder if there could be a facility for invoices/receipt to show the goods as bulk purchases of washing powder, lawn mower spares, etc. This could make things easier for those under domestic pressures.

Obviously, for fertiliser wagons, it just needs a few omissions for 'her' to think that the purchaser is actually behaving as instructed.

Who's a clever boy then?    That might work on a new wife but not I'm afraid on the seasoned ones!:((

Edited by heirflick

51 minutes ago, Broithe said:

Of course, this means no excuses for not doing the laundry, mowing the lawn...

1 hour ago, heirflick said:

Calling IRM Towers - is there any chance that the 2 remaining converted shale wagons used with the Taras might be produced as a twin pack in the future? image.jpeg.ef0f5b871e7b77675a9dab108254b953.jpeg

Not a great chance, to be honest, due to the fact there are only two of them and they’re not stand-out items like plough vans, etc. 

11 hours ago, Glenderg said:

Shem, 

A rib of evergreen styrene across the body, and some packing out of the inner side strakes should be easy enough. The strakes are, funny enough, the same dimensions that you will find with Evergreens strips... How that occurred, I've no idea. 

R. 

You Sir are worth your weight in shekels!=D

On 3/5/2018 at 4:28 PM, leslie10646 said:

No need to do that, Barl, just put the wagons at the top of your wedding list?

Cheaper than Waterford glasses, tumbler dryers, microwaves .........

And you can just keep adding duplicates  to the rake instead of doing each slice of bread in its own toaster

• 3 months later...
20 minutes ago, Noel said:

Hi Fran

No hurry at all, but just wondering when the Tara wagons are due to hit the rails? :) 

Noel

Hi Noel,

The factory are currently putting them together, I would imagine they will be here in early August.

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

1692942703_ImagefromiOS(2).thumb.jpg.30f5e6100aa1bca223ebe08da98a6802.jpg

Hi everyone,

As you can see above, moulding is now done and they are currently being assembled. Delivery slipped a tad as the factory had to remake the Accurascale wagon for the NRM due to a decoration flaw. The good news is that we will have them here in the second week in August, all going well. We are including a couple coupling bars in each pack to help with close coupling. 

This will be the finest IRM model yet, so make sure you don't miss out. At €79.95 a pack they're good value too, along with the rake deal helping you save even more! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/tara-mines

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Railer said:

Will there be just one bar per pack, or can you pick up extra to close couple a full rake? 

Hi Graham,

There will be more than one per pack so a full train can be coupled with them. This is in addition to the standard tension locks. They will also have NEM pockets at the correct height as there is nothing to inhibit this as per the ballast and bubble.

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

That's no time to wait Fran. They look great. Still a lot of nice details to be fitted and the hoods. Every time a new model appears it tops the previous one, these won't hold the title for long. Having said that they are all top models..

Rich,

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...