Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Warbonnet

Preorders of IRM Tara Mines Wagon begin this weekend

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Did you say you were doing a Weedspray?

Ballybrophy 1980 is written on the back

A Class double heading,

That's an interesting photo, the A Classes were gathered there in 1980 to get the asbestos removed from their cabs, the work been undertaken inside the old locomotive shed in the distance. I suspect that may not be a double header on the sprayer but just engines positioned temporarily there. The old sprayer was no longer used by then, with the newer yellow tanks version being introduced in 1978, but the old sprayer languished in Ballybrophy during 1980s.

I was wondering with the model version proposed, will one be able to remove the yellow tanks from the bogey flat so one could recreate the sprayer with shorter 4-wheel flat wagons?:D

Edited by Eiretrains
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Eiretrains said:

I was wondering with the model version proposed, will one be able to remove the yellow tanks from the bogey flat so one could recreate the sprayer with shorter 4-wheel flat wagons?:D

I don't see why not Ciaran. They're modelled to the 1TEU ISO standards so all lugs are in the right place, even spares will be there, so they should be mounted prototypically to the flat wagon. R.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9 March 2018 at 3:59 PM, Warbonnet said:

While I'm here, a bit of prototype inspiration for you. 112 is one of the more popular releases from Paddy. Now you can have the perfect train for your model loco. 

14505317466_32d3441cb3_b.jpgNIR 112 nabij Duleek by Werner Bastiaanse, on Flickr

Humph!

MY 112 spends its life in front of twelve of your bubbles. 

Best toy in my box!

Leslie

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Somebody one time insisted to me that that weedkilling yoke must have been converted from "an old steam train"...................   :facepalm:

 

See my "motto" written below in green............................!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jhb171achill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2018 at 11:53 AM, Railer said:

They will be doing the blue tara livery too. 

Have IRM confirmed that they'll do the blue livery @Warbonnet and can I hold onto and use my ballast discount code for those?  At the rate the present livery os pre-selling that should be possible, I would have thought. We only saw six unique orange bubbles so I'm hoping we'll see a complete set of Taras in the blue livery. I need to look in my ballast wagons. Was there one code per order or set or what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DiveController said:

Have IRM confirmed that they'll do the blue livery @Warbonnet and can I hold onto and use my ballast discount code for those?  At the rate the present livery os pre-selling that should be possible, I would have thought. We only saw six unique orange bubbles so I'm hoping we'll see a complete set of Taras in the blue livery. I need to look in my ballast wagons. Was there one code per order or set or what?

Hi Kevin,

Yes, yes and one code per set.

cheers!

Fran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DiveController said:

Yippee! Yippee and yippee! .... although i need the ferts too. O.o

Lol don’t worry, we won’t be doing the Blue Tara’s in 2018 so you have time to save!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/03/2018 at 10:28 PM, leslie10646 said:

No need to do that, Barl, just put the wagons at the top of your wedding list?

Cheaper than Waterford glasses, tumbler dryers, microwaves .........

And a lot more practical from a lads point of view!!:tumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if there could be a facility for invoices/receipt to show the goods as bulk purchases of washing powder, lawn mower spares, etc. This could make things easier for those under domestic pressures.

 

Obviously, for fertiliser wagons, it just needs a few omissions for 'her' to think that the purchaser is actually behaving as instructed.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Broithe said:

I wonder if there could be a facility for invoices/receipt to show the goods as bulk purchases of washing powder, lawn mower spares, etc. This could make things easier for those under domestic pressures.

 

Obviously, for fertiliser wagons, it just needs a few omissions for 'her' to think that the purchaser is actually behaving as instructed.

Who's a clever boy then?    That might work on a new wife but not I'm afraid on the seasoned ones!:((

 

Edited by heirflick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, heirflick said:

Who's a clever boy then?    That might work on a new wife but not I'm afraid on the seasoned ones!:((

 

Get a new one?

The internet is full of adverts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Broithe said:

Get a new one?

The internet is full of adverts...

......Now there's a thought that's going to fester!Image result for thinking smiley pic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Broithe said:

I wonder if there could be a facility for invoices/receipt to show the goods as bulk purchases of washing powder, lawn mower spares, etc. This could make things easier for those under domestic pressures.

Of course, this means no excuses for not doing the laundry, mowing the lawn...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Garfield said:

Of course, this means no excuses for not doing the laundry, mowing the lawn...

Nothing is risk-free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calling IRM Towers - is there any chance that the 2 remaining converted shale wagons used with the Taras might be produced as a twin pack in the future? image.jpeg.ef0f5b871e7b77675a9dab108254b953.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, heirflick said:

Calling IRM Towers - is there any chance that the 2 remaining converted shale wagons used with the Taras might be produced as a twin pack in the future? image.jpeg.ef0f5b871e7b77675a9dab108254b953.jpeg

Not a great chance, to be honest, due to the fact there are only two of them and they’re not stand-out items like plough vans, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Garfield said:

Not a great chance, to be honest, due to the fact there are only two of them and they’re not stand-out items like plough vans, etc. 

Fair enough  - didn't think so but sure no harm asking anyway Pat!:/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shem, 

A rib of evergreen styrene across the body, and some packing out of the inner side strakes should be easy enough. The strakes are, funny enough, the same dimensions that you will find with Evergreens strips... How that occurred, I've no idea. 

R. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Glenderg said:

Shem, 

A rib of evergreen styrene across the body, and some packing out of the inner side strakes should be easy enough. The strakes are, funny enough, the same dimensions that you will find with Evergreens strips... How that occurred, I've no idea. 

R. 

You Sir are worth your weight in shekels!=D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2018 at 4:28 PM, leslie10646 said:

No need to do that, Barl, just put the wagons at the top of your wedding list?

Cheaper than Waterford glasses, tumbler dryers, microwaves .........

And you can just keep adding duplicates  to the rake instead of doing each slice of bread in its own toaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Fran

No hurry at all, but just wondering when the Tara wagons are due to hit the rails? :) 

Noel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Noel said:

Hi Fran

No hurry at all, but just wondering when the Tara wagons are due to hit the rails? :) 

Noel

Hi Noel,

The factory are currently putting them together, I would imagine they will be here in early August.

Cheers,

Fran

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

August going to be bust with the Taras and Ploughs landing in the same month. 

Hope you have the postie on standby 🤣

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Railer said:

August going to be bust with the Taras and Ploughs landing in the same month. 

Hope you have the postie on standby 🤣

Our DPD man has a big van and his own parking space with us at this stage! 😂

  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1692942703_ImagefromiOS(2).thumb.jpg.30f5e6100aa1bca223ebe08da98a6802.jpg

 

Hi everyone,

As you can see above, moulding is now done and they are currently being assembled. Delivery slipped a tad as the factory had to remake the Accurascale wagon for the NRM due to a decoration flaw. The good news is that we will have them here in the second week in August, all going well. We are including a couple coupling bars in each pack to help with close coupling. 

This will be the finest IRM model yet, so make sure you don't miss out. At €79.95 a pack they're good value too, along with the rake deal helping you save even more! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/tara-mines

Cheers,

Fran

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will there be just one bar per pack, or can you pick up extra to close couple a full rake? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Railer said:

Will there be just one bar per pack, or can you pick up extra to close couple a full rake? 

Hi Graham,

There will be more than one per pack so a full train can be coupled with them. This is in addition to the standard tension locks. They will also have NEM pockets at the correct height as there is nothing to inhibit this as per the ballast and bubble.

Cheers!

Fran

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's no time to wait Fran. They look great. Still a lot of nice details to be fitted and the hoods. Every time a new model appears it tops the previous one, these won't hold the title for long. Having said that they are all top models..

Rich,

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent news Fran can't wait. The packaging looks as good as ever, do you feel the love Pat. Thanks for the update Fran.

Rich,

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

Terms of Use