Preorders of IRM Tara Mines Wagon begin this weekend

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

1320350112_TaraProduction.thumb.jpg.9e187c51663e98eae938ebbb35300a38.jpg

Tara Production nearing Completion!

Production of our highly anticipated Tara Mines wagons is nearing completion and should be finished early next week before dispatch to Dublin by air! As you can see, components such as the chassis features high levels of details and the final assembly and checking is now taking place.

We anticipate that orders will begin shipping during the final week of August. It's been a long wait but we firmly believe that they will be well worth it.

Have you placed your order yet? Don't miss out on what promises to be our best model yet! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/tara-mines

• Like 10
  • Informative 1

Hi everyone,

We had the factory on this week and they have advised us that the Tara's wont be ready until very late August. It turns out that they underestimated how detailed the wagons are and as a result want to take their time in getting them finished to the ultra high standard we expect and what they pride themselves on.

We know it's disappointing that they will be another couple of weeks, but rest assured that they will absolutely be worth it. We rather top notch and a couple of weeks later than planned, rather than rushed and not up to scratch. 

Sorry about this short delay but when you get them in your paws we think you'll agree that they will be well worth the wait.

Cheers,

Fran (on behalf of the IRM crew!)

• Like 6
  • Informative 2

• 2 weeks later...
Our Tara wagons are getting ever closer to completion, but due to all those lovely separately applied parts and the odd regional power cut in China (!) they are still a couple of weeks away from delivery. We are as disappointed about this as you are, as we really cant wait to receive them and get them out to you!

The finish line is almost in sight and in a couple of weeks they will be rolling around your layouts at home or at your club, or in your collections.

We are over 50% sold out as is, so make sure you don't miss out: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/tara-mines
  • Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...
Our much anticipated Tara Mines wagons have left our factory and are now making their long journey west! We will have them in stock in just over one weeks time, meaning you should have them on your layouts towards the end of next week.

Exciting times, and the production samples certainly made an impression at the Stillorgan sale yesterday, with plenty of pre-orders being placed ahead of their arrival. I know we say this about each model so far, but these are going to be really special, and have turned out lovely, definitely our finest wagon yet. They are well over the halfway mark in sales, so make sure you don't miss out on them before they go. Order now for delivery next week :) https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/tara-mines

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Warbonnet said:
Our much anticipated Tara Mines wagons have left our factory and are now making their long journey west! We will have them in stock in just over one weeks time, meaning you should have them on your layouts towards the end of next week.

Exciting times, and the production samples certainly made an impression at the Stillorgan sale yesterday, with plenty of pre-orders being placed ahead of their arrival. I know we say this about each model so far, but these are going to be really special, and have turned out lovely, definitely our finest wagon yet. They are well over the halfway mark in sales, so make sure you don't miss out on them before they go. Order now for delivery next week :) https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/tara-mines

Brilliant!  I thought for a moment that us poor old Irish modellers had been forgotten about with all tha Accurascale excitement!!!😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert Shrives said:

and very nice they are too.  Just need to see you start on "A "locomotive project  - but perhaps after the weedkiller/EGV coach finishes exercising the collective..    

Ah now Robert the lads may be busy this week with the new Tara deliveries which no doubt will be A class act. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

Bit of a Tara update. As we reported last week, the Tara’s were due with us this week. However, nature has taken its course and as a result of a ‘Super Typhoon’ hitting the model railway manufacturing region of China on Sunday our delivery of Tara’s has been delayed. This is down to the storm itself, the fall out and damaged caused to local infrastructure. We’re currently looking to get a timeline on getting them on a flight out of China but it looks like it’s going to be delayed by a few weeks at least before everything is back up and running smoothly. We are also amid Christmas market stock leaving China, so its logistics silly season at the moment and getting a new slot on a plane could prove quite the challenge  😥

Apologies for this delay, but sadly nature is something we can’t legislate for in this instance. We will keep you up to date and will have more news when we have it.

More info here https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2164496/four-dead-southern-china-after-typhoon-mangkhut-authorities-were

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/17/asia/typhoon-mangkhut-china-hong-kong-intl/index.html

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative 3

Hi everyone,

Just to give you an update on this; we're still working on it. With the Christmas rush it's proving difficult but we should have some proper news on this over the next couple of days.

Apologies for this and thank you all for your patience. We're doing everything possible to get it sorted.

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative 1

Hi Fran. I noticed the ‘AS’ cemflo pre-productive sample you posted on RMweb.  Looking very nice. I noticed the NEM pockets seem to be the plug in type which appears to give some degree of horizontal articulation for the coupling. Are you planning to do the same with new IRM releases such as the Tara’s?

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/134770-cemflo-by-accurascale/?p=3317113

post-7114-0-13931400-1538411597.jpg

2 minutes ago, Noel said:

Hi Fran. I noticed the ‘AS’ cemflo pre-productive sample you posted on RMweb.  Looking very nice. I noticed the NEM pockets seem to be the plug in type which appears to give some degree of horizontal articulation for the coupling. Are you planning to do the same with new IRM releases such as the Tara’s?

Hi Noel,

The Taras, 42' series, etc. are fitted with kinematic couplings. The arm between the spring and the NEM pocket allows for some flexibility.

• Informative 2

Hi everyone,

As you may already know by now, our highly anticipated Tara Mines wagons were due to leave our factory in China a couple of weeks ago for their long journey to Dublin. In fact, they did leave the factory, and headed to the airport for their first of two flights. Unfortunately, nature took its course and as a result of a ‘Super Typhoon’ hitting the model railway manufacturing region of China, our delivery of Tara’s was delayed. All flights were cancelled, and as a result our consignment missed the connecting flight from Beijing.

As a result of the storm itself, the fall out and damage caused to local infrastructure,  getting them out of China was impossible for a number of weeks. China's logistics channels is also amid all the Christmas market stock leaving the Far East for Europe, so it is currently logistics silly season and getting a new slot on a plane proved quite the challenge.

The good news is that we have finally secured a way for them out of China after much searching around, phone calls, emails and annoyance of several logistics managers. The not so good news is that there was no space available by air, and instead they are travelling by sea.  This means that they will now arrive in approx six weeks time. 

Apologies for this delay, but sadly nature is something we can’t legislate for in this instance. We will keep you up to date and will have more news when we have it. We are just as disappointed as you are, and we really wanted them here for the three day show in Raheny in October, but it's just the way it goes. 

As compensation, we will have plenty to see at the show, including an additional new model announcement on Saturday, October 27th, so make sure you come and see us!

Thanks,

IRM Team (Fran, Patrick, Richard and Stephen)

(this has been emailed to all Tara Mines customers we have email addresses for ahead of publishing here.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative 5

Don't  be disappointed men these things happen it's  nothing but bad luck due to a natural disaster. The fact you have found a resolution to the logistics side of things shows how much work as been going on in the background and at all hours of the day and night. As has been said before we appreciate the hard work.

Rich,

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 - It is actually quite bizarre that we're having ridiculously niche items made for us on the other side of the world, in a place that was essentially totally inaccessible only a few years ago.

2 - The basic groundwork for any future transport disruptions is already done now.

• Thanks 1

To team IRM,

Has the recent situation in China and the current season and the impending Chinese New Year coming ever closer knocked everything back?

I know with the Tara delay due to the force of nature and missing shipping slots as a result.

With the effected parts of China getting back on its feet, I'm assuming the other projects, Plough van and project 42 members may/most likely be pushed back to April/May 2019 time frame?

As much as I'm excited for the new model reveal at Raheny, I'm assuming that will be at least a year or more out as going well considering all the 2018 range to get into our greedy mits first.😁

Edited by Railer
  • Like 1

Thanks for the updates, and with the seaborne travel options offered on here looks like me might be in luck...

Models come when they come - it is part of life and it is a hobby - so I am told !!

I look forward to announcement whatever it may be , I am (predictably) sure it will be "A" classic moment...

Hopefully the gang can sort the gen spray brake as the first coach venture and offer a EGV option - just musing!

Robert         

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Railer said:

To team IRM,

Has the recent situation in China and the current season and the impending Chinese New Year coming ever closer knocked everything back?

I know with the Tara delay due to the force of nature and missing shipping slots as a result.

With the effected parts of China getting back on its feet, I'm assuming the other projects, Plough van and project 42 members may/most likely be pushed back to April/May 2019 time frame?

As much as I'm excited for the new model reveal at Raheny, I'm assuming that will be at least a year or more out as going well considering all the 2018 range to get into our greedy mits first.😁

Hi Railer,

2018 has been an excruciatingly busy year for us, where not much might have 'appeared' on the surface, we've been the proverbial swans behind the scenes.

Our Ploughs are on time and schedule, and due shortly, and the entire 'project 42' tooling will be underway in the coming weeks, so we'd hope the items on that list will start arriving before Chinese New Year at the latest.

We've also some exciting new things being announced at month end, and beyond, and an even more exciting 2019 programme already in the works, as well as an extensive range of Accurascale UK outline items.

We've now three factories up and running and smoothed out in China, with no less than 6 projects underway across them as I type!

Thanks Stephen,

Really appreciate all the hard work and long hours put in behind the scenes you guys do to keep the hobby progressing forward for our very small market base. Also loving the reception you guys are getting on RM web and facebook from the UK punters too, they all seem very presently surprised by the new kids on the block.

Edited by Railer
  • Thanks 2