Preorders of IRM Tara Mines Wagon begin this weekend

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

2 hours ago, Railer said:

Thanks Stephen,

Really appreciate all the hard work and long hours put in behind the scenes you guys do to keep the hobby progressing forward for our very small market base. Also loving the reception you guys are getting on RM web and facebook from the UK punters too, they all seem very presently surprised by the new kids on the block.

Thanks Graham, as Stephen says there is lots going on behind the scenes, and we are flat out to get stuff ready for Raheny and beyond. We will open the book on the fert preorders possibly tomorrow, as we get closer to delivering them. As Stephen says they will be here this side of CNY all going well (natural phenomenon aside!) as well as the other goodies which will arrive throughout 2019. If anything everyone's wallets will get a breather too, which helps! 

We will have goodies to show at the 3 day show, along with our new announcement as well as bubbles and Accurascale stock for sale. Our stand will be well worth a visit! :) 

• Like 4
  • Informative 1

On 10/3/2018 at 6:28 AM, Warbonnet said:

The good news is that we have finally secured a way for them out of China after much searching around, phone calls, emails and annoyance of several logistics managers. The not so good news is that there was no space available by air, and instead they are travelling by sea.  This means that they will now arrive in approx six weeks time. 

Should have put it on the train😂

https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yiwu-London_railway_line&ved=2ahUKEwjHwcGY4u7dAhVBxrwKHWoWAvIQFjAPegQIABAB&usg=AOvVaw3IUnGxqHhLNQUxX2IvxtFO

51 minutes ago, chris said:

It was considered by our shipping company I believe but wasn’t a goer in the end! 

Business life especially in the start up years can be full of challenges, excitement, success, and unpredictable events, etc, but IRM/AS have responded well and kept its customers informed, managing expectations that goes hand in hand with a top class product line.  Forgive the pun, but genuinely a class act. :) I'm certain the Tara's will be well worth the wait.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/134770-cemflo-by-accurascale/page-8#entry3283021

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Got to see these wagons in the Flesh last weekend and wow they looked superb. My finger hovering over the buy button at the moment. The Kids Braces may have to wait a small bit longer I reckon.

The UK Wagons on show to were immense in every way too. The Etched steps on the PCA Cement Wagon were superb, As I mentioned to the Lads I should of Married a Chinese lady given their ability to produce models in such as fashion when compared to my efforts!

It must be a fantastic feeling for all involved in IRM to achieve such excellent products in such a short time, Well Done.

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Georgeconna said:

Got to see these wagons in the Flesh last weekend and wow they looked superb. My finger hovering over the buy button at the moment. The Kids Braces may have to wait a small bit longer I reckon.

The UK Wagons on show to were immense in every way too. The Etched steps on the PCA Cement Wagon were superb, As I mentioned to the Lads I should of Married a Chinese lady given their ability to produce models in such as fashion when compared to my efforts!

It must be a fantastic feeling all involved in IRM to achieved such excellent products in such a short time, Well Done.

Awh shucks, thanks for the kind words George! We do our very best and if you put all the effort in it shows when it comes out the other side. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

We have just received an update on the Tara Wagons and their progress. Sadly it has been slower than initially promised, and naturally we are upset about it. We're getting a timely reminder about why we usually use airfreight, but mother nature has slowed progress down, coupled with the time of year and the sheer volume of traffic leaving China. 

We will have the Tara's in stock by November 30th, with packages being shipped the next day after we burn the midnight oil and conduct our own QC checks. The will be arriving with all customers who have placed orders so far by the end of the first week of December.

We would like to apologise about this delay once again, and we have had too many missed deadlines on these wagons. We thank you all sincerely for your patience and understanding, and we are making sure these these missed deadlines become a thing of the past with our new projects going forward.

Cheers,

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

• 2 weeks later...

Really, really hoping these are not delayed further but with Dublin Port closed yesterday and Storm Diana Part 2 today, I feel otherwise.

These poor taras are on some epic saga getting here but I'm more than sure they are going to be the dogs ying yangs. 

You guys want any help on your QC on these when they land :trains:

Edited by Railer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Railer said:

Really, really hoping these are not delayed further but with Dublin Port closed yesterday and Storm Diana Part 2 today, I feel otherwise.

These poor taras are on some epic saga getting here but I'm more than sure they are going to be the dogs ying yangs. 

You guys want any help on your QC on these when they land :trains:

It's been some saga, but I am happy to report that this time next week we will be wrapping and packing parcels with lovely Tara goodness for dispatch, save for any more disasters! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative 1

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone,

Just a quick heads up. We have less than 50 packs of these left, and while that may sound like a lot, it isn't really. Packs A and B are sold out, and pack C and D arent far behind. So, if you have been considering these, now is the time to pounce. They have been overshadowed by a few of our other releases recently, but they are absolutely lovely models. 

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/tara-mines

Don't miss out!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

• 3 months later...

I didn't get any of these as I'd prefer to get etc original livery in blue.

What's the purpose of the drawbar? I watched the video but they did not appear to be coupled very closely with the bar (or is it closer than the NEM TL couplers?) Is there a cosmetic instanter coupling to attach to the hook (which of course are visible in either scenario drawbar or TLs)?

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DiveController said:

I didn't get any of these as I'd prefer to get etc original livery in blue.

What's the purpose of the drawbar? I watched the video but they did not appear to be coupled very closely with the bar (or is it closer than the NEM TL couplers?) Is there a cosmetic instanter coupling to attach to the hook (which of course are visible in either scenario drawbar or TLs)?

The drawbars just couple the wagons a little closer than the standard issue tension lock couplings, and look a lot less funky... Not as close as some people on here have their Kadee couplings, but it looks slightly better than the TL's. You can kind of see the difference in the video.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, mphoey said:

just wondering are there any plans to issue the blue livery of these

I was talking to the lads about these last September in person. Basically yes, and the prep work is done. It's just up to them to pick a production slot for when they feel the time is right to release them. 

Before that, project 42 has to be completed and delivered to market. Then the CIE ballast hopper run. So they are a good bit away but rest assured are coming.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Railer said:

I was talking to the lads about these last September in person. Basically yes, and the prep work is done. It's just up to them to pick a production slot for when they feel the time is right to release them. 

Before that, project 42 has to be completed and delivered to market. Then the CIE ballast hopper run. So they are a good bit away but rest assured are coming.

Correct, the different lid and sides are tooled and we will do the blue, but after the rest of 42 and hoppers and As, as we need to produce something to pull the blue Taras! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Railer said:

Was just thinking the well is only so deep in the Irish market, with the A class coming after 121 and the Irish economy suffering CV-19 effect will the market demand be there for much more? After the kegs is project 42 not finished? Will yellow PW stuff sell well? There was no mention of weed spray coach to go with the tanker set? I'm sure all will be revealed at the appropriate time. Lets get the 121 and A class first, they will devour budgets. Not to mention the lovely deltic and CL 37 :) The one surplus commodity many of us have at the moment seems to be time. Great uncertainty but the IRM guys have wise heads.

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Was just thinking the well is only so deep in the Irish market, with the A class coming after 121 and the Irish economy suffering CV-19 effect will the market demand be there for much more? After the kegs is project 42 not finished? Will yellow PW stuff sell well? There was no mention of weed spray coach to go with the tanker set? I'm sure all will be revealed at the appropriate time. Lets get the 121 and A class first, they will devour budgets. Not to mention the lovely deltic and CL 37 :) The one surplus commodity many of us have at the moment seems to be time. Great uncertainty but the IRM guys have wise heads.

Maybe we should retire if demand and appetite is drying up? 

Sales are right up since the pandemic began. People need to do something while at home after all. Demand for new models in the Irish market has never been stronger and we've had to increase our production runs. So no need for negative waves just yet thankfully.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 6
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, Noel said:

Noel - the demand will be there. 

According to Fran - the Kegs are already 65% sold - already ! -  that is a bigger run than previous and still they are selling great.

Obviously - the market is out there and growing. 

It also helps that the standard is so good. When it comes to eras - Im the same as you - my preferred era is 1950s, 60s and 70s ...but I will purchase at the very least.... one from every release that IRM are doing and will do regardless of era - a little because I like to support Irish businesses when possible  - but mostly because they are producing crackingly good models.....up there with the best ..............I had some Hornby stock out on a tailchaser set up on the kitchen table a couple of weeks back - there is no comparison in quality - it was very clear who were producing the toys!....

There does seem to be a growing market out there for the Irish scene. Im looking at a MM141 on the "Bay" at the moment - there are 25 of us "watching" a used MM141 that will probably cost the guts of 200 yoyos all in to get it in my hand.............I'm struggling to justify paying that.....but I'm probably a double Jack daniels away from pressing "Bid" because they are so hard to come by at the moment and I don't have one ......................but it will sell in the end no bother - the demand is there. PM's 121's will sell out in under a year at the most - likewise the A's and Im sure the rest of the IRM offerings will sell away grand too .........

OK - there will be a CV-19 effect to a degree - especially if we're still locked up / back in lock up after the summer - which I doubt - but I think the IRM lads and their considerable investment will be ok - its niche - its great and growing reputation and the desirability ( is that a word?) of their product - even my wife thinks they look fantastic...she was positively cooing over the Liners.....which was a bit freaky....but thats for another day and thread!!!

My main hope - coming late to the Irish rail scene is that PM or IRM or whoever might see their way to another run of 141/181s and early cravens!.....if the demand is there - it will happen eventually.

Well done guys 

Ed

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Warbonnet said:

Maybe we should retire if demand and appetite is drying up? 

Sales are right up since the pandemic began. People need to do something while at home after all. Demand for new models in the Irish market has never been stronger and we've had to increase our production runs. So no need for negative waves just yet thankfully.

Cheers!

Fran

Good to hear, not negative waves, just observing reality out there in the Irish economy as a result of CV19. Glad to hear its so going well for you guys. Especially impressed how well accurascale is doing in the UK market, your right there in the lions den making big waves and disrupting a sleepy market with a shock and awe assault on what finescale quality and precision really means. AS has exposed what UK modellers have had to put up with for decades from the big two. 👍clap2.gif