Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Warbonnet

IRM 2018 Range; 'Project 42' and Plough

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi Gareth,

It will be diecast with plastic detailing so plenty of weight will be built in!

cheers!

Diecast is definitely the right choice Fran and I will be running a few empties to show off the excellent detail of the skeletal wagon.

Rich, 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plenty of stock there to suit my Kent station layout. Looking forward to these, especially the ferts. Now if only I could concoct a story line of how the Tara's took a wrong turn and ended up in Cork for the day!!!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, scahalane said:

Plenty of stock there to suit my Kent station layout. Looking forward to these, especially the ferts. Now if only I could concoct a story line of how the Tara's took a wrong turn and ended up in Cork for the day!!!

Ditto me too.  The prototypes mean nothing to me, have never even seen them in the flesh, but the model renders look absolutely stunning so I may have to bend the rules so they can run behind B&T locos on Kingsbridge :) (sacrilege I know to permit a bogie wagon in the B&T era but its my model railway so anything is possible with imagination)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would have been equally welcomed if the Ballast Plough had been to the standard of the previous releases but the fact that it will have these extra features makes it even more special. I love the PWD rolling stock, the tampers, maintenance vehicles. These machines and their crews keep the railway safe and sound for those that travel by rail. I love stopping at Kildare for the few moments to see the rolling stock and also envy Herr Flicks location to the depot at Portlaoise you lucky man Seamus. Who knows one may end up being produced in the future, as for now it is certainly a great time for us modellers.

Rich,. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Noel said:

 (sacrilege I know to permit a bogie wagon in the B&T era but its my model railway so anything is possible with imagination)

Absolutely! The Creator ordained it that bogies were for carriages and 4.4.0 locomotives, not wagons!

Well at least we don't have to have these new-fangled 071s......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So prior to the introduction of bogied freight in 1971, the only bogied frieght stock would have been the short wheelbase Guinness grain wagons, which sounds like The Creator got his priorities right :P R.

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the technical name for the sheet metal that covers the bogies on the flats. The later flats seem to have them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedRich said:

 and also envy Herr Flicks location to the depot at Portlaoise you lucky man Seamus. Who knows one may end up being produced in the future, as for now it is certainly a great time for us modellers.

Rich,. 

Image result for im lucky image

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Railer said:

What is the technical name for the sheet metal that covers the bogies on the flats. The later flats seem to have them. 

Theses are the infilled panels you refer to (they would be the 47' variety) ? Sometimes in ordinary plate steel, sometimes in chequer plate. Some wagons were entirely plated over for Per Way duties.

 

12909497_10153354608185933_7549745221995600793_o.jpg

  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi Gareth,

It will be diecast with plastic detailing so plenty of weight will be built in!

cheers!

That's same as marklin.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Glenderg said:

Theses are the infilled panels you refer to (they would be the 47' variety) ? Sometimes in ordinary plate steel, sometimes in chequer plate. Some wagons were entirely plated over for Per Way duties.

 

12909497_10153354608185933_7549745221995600793_o.jpg

30091-30098 were built with steel floors and stanchion's for carrying steel traffic .

 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Railer said:

What is the technical name for the sheet metal that covers the bogies on the flats. The later flats seem to have them. 

Technically it was classified as -"Spark proof brake blocks" even though it wasn't the brake blocks at all- but the plating that covered the bogies...... 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ttc0169 said:

Technically it was classified as -"Spark proof brake blocks" even though it wasn't the brake blocks at all- but the plating that covered the bogies...... 

Ah, that's why I called them spark guards earlier and Richie thought I was on about something else on the bogies. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah sorry Railer, It's hard sometimes to answer these things without photos! These are the heavy duty versions of the bogies, with the "sticky outty bit"* found on the bogie cements, ammonias and a few others. 

*technical term :P 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A quick question for IRM HQ, and I'm surprised no-one else has asked yet.. have you considered a twin or triple pack of the 42' flat without any load? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dave182 said:

A quick question for IRM HQ, and I'm surprised no-one else has asked yet.. have you considered a twin or triple pack of the 42' flat without any load? 

Fran addressed that towards the end of the first post. :)

 

Quote

Bare wagons may also be released later, allowing customers to add containers they already own...

 

  • Like 1
  • WOW! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did wonder that but I thought I would put the loads on my MIR/ 3D print/ Triang bash versions and use the super-dooper ones as the empties !  But if you do not have ,like me a pile of waggons in the works then that would be ideal for many .  perhpaps the spoil wagons will be a bit cheaper given the little loads and these sans boxes will give a value for money empty option.  

Will the wagons come with user changeable buffers or have I missed that in all the posts?

Robert  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Robert Shrives said:

I did wonder that but I thought I would put the loads on my MIR/ 3D print/ Triang bash versions and use the super-dooper ones as the empties !  But if you do not have ,like me a pile of waggons in the works then that would be ideal for many .  perhpaps the spoil wagons will be a bit cheaper given the little loads and these sans boxes will give a value for money empty option.  

Will the wagons come with user changeable buffers or have I missed that in all the posts?

Robert  

We are looking at doing both style buffers Robert.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

We are looking at doing both style buffers Robert.

Think there are 3 types from what I can see. The round, rectangle with 4 spokes and then plain rectangle one. Kind of like the HUO wagons if they had rectangle buffer heads.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Railer said:

Think there are 3 types from what I can see. The round, rectangle with 4 spokes and then plain rectangle one. Kind of like the HUO wagons if they had rectangle buffer heads.

This is why Richie and Patrick look after the research and design. :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calling  IRM Towers - re the weedsprayer .... will the models include connecting pipework between tanks (both twin on the one flat / between each flat and connecting to the spray van)?

weed2.jpg

weed4.jpg

weed1.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pipework will all be there Seamus and it is our aim to have them connected, we have to look into how feasible it is but we will be doing everything to make sure it works!  

  • Like 3
  • WOW! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

The pipework will all be there Seamus and it is our aim to have them connected, we have to look into how feasible it is but we will be doing everything to make sure it works!  

Excellent Fran -  'tis no secret that the weeder is my favourite and I have no doubt that ye will make a smashing job of it!:tumbsup:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The weedspray tanks look very similar to the original style barrior wagons for the ammonia's ...perhaps another little project!!!

image.thumb.jpeg.4d503257b28c9ef5d5eb2d660ea59115.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Informative 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, scahalane said:

The weedspray tanks look very similar to the original style barrior wagons for the ammonia's ...perhaps another little project!!!

image.thumb.jpeg.4d503257b28c9ef5d5eb2d660ea59115.jpeg

Now there's a thought that's going to fester!!!:o  Great pic bty  Scahalane - thanks for sharing that gem!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  Quote

"................Bare wagons may also be released later, allowing customers to add containers they already own.............."

 

Do these come in boxes with "Parental Guidance Advisory" on them?

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, scahalane said:

The weedspray tanks look very similar to the original style barrior wagons for the ammonia's ...perhaps another little project!!!

image.thumb.jpeg.4d503257b28c9ef5d5eb2d660ea59115.jpeg

They sure are the same tanks Sean. :)

  • Informative 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jhb171achill said:

Do these come in boxes with "Parental Guidance Advisory" on them?

These are only suitable for anyone over 14, as clearly stated on the box. What state of undress you find yourself in during the unboxing process, we, thankfully, have no control over. 

:P 

  • Funny 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, apologies for only responding to this now, I haven't been on the forum in a while.. the models/plans look fantastic & I am sure will be a resounding success, so well done & thanks for taking the risk so we can get to enjoy these fine models! I personally am looking forward to the 'Flats' & The Guinness wagons.. You can easily create a latter Ammonia Water Barrier Wagon, by spraying one of C-Rails's containers green, adding Decals & sticking it on to one of IRM's Flats so truly exciting times ahead! Just need to rob a bank now... :D

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2018 at 7:05 PM, scahalane said:

Plenty of stock there to suit my Kent station layout. Looking forward to these, especially the ferts. Now if only I could concoct a story line of how the Tara's took a wrong turn and ended up in Cork for the day!!!

Gone for repair ? or sudden export requirement and Dublin docks not able to help so off to south western terminal and staged in cork over night ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Railer said:

Nice new entry on the site lads. :tumbsup::cheers:

Sayin nothin;)

Expect more news and updates on that in the coming days... :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many plough vans did Iarnród Éireann have?

I'm modelling 2000-present, presumably I'll want the IÉ pack? Unless there was some overlap in liveries for my time period - would anyone know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

Terms of Use