North Down Model Show

Rate this topic

16miller

Hi Fran,

If you read Mr Carter's list of stands, it appears that we're selling the same things! We ARE, except that the items are in line with our respective AGES? I never really got far beyond the early 1970s!

And like you, I am HOPEFUL of having certain goodies, well - a certain goodie, long-promised.

Leslie

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• 1 month later...

We will be there with cement bubbles for sale, the pre-production Tara Mines wagon to show you all and possibly something new! Keep an eye on our Facebook and website for more news on that in the coming days! So there might be something new to chat about over the coffee at the IRM stand meetup.... :) 

• Like 1
  • WOW! 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

Drop by our stand this weekend at the Bangor show to check out our pre-production Tara Mines wagon, pre-order your ploughs as well as Tara's and pick up some bubbles at attractive rates! We will have packs C, D, E and F for sale and we accept both euro and sterling and all major cards.

We're down to 10% of bubbles left in stock, so they wont stay around for much longer with A and B sold out and C and D not too far behind. Dont miss out.

See you there!

Fran

Lots of the new Brown Van kit on my stand!

Good oul'  Des has produced the transfers for me as you can see.

However, Michael did most of it with this lovely detail, right down to the little struts which supported that huge body.

See just how big it is on Saturday!

SAM_1342.thumb.JPG.058c65900f118c594072b95ffc85c054.JPG 

I look forward to seeing some of you "up North".

Leslie  (posted from Dublin - I'm on the way!)

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 2

Thank you to everyone who stopped by for a chat and a purchase today, we had queues of people saying hello and placing orders. Lots of people waited patiently to talk and place orders too as Patrick and myself talked to other customers and we really appreciate that. 

We got to catch up with familiar faces and made new friends too.

It’s a great show and the North Down Model Railway Society should be congratulated once again. We’ll be back tomorrow with bubble special offers and Plough, Tara and Accurascale preorders! 

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 2

I saw you were busy and I didn't get to say hello.

However, I was more than delighted to buy a handful of photographs of Omagh GNRi station and Fontana Junction from a guy in a station masters outfit.

Very reasonable.

Also paid Leslie a visit, some beautiful stuff there.

I think that is possibly the best show yet. The layouts were superb and the trade stands seem to have grown in size. A brief hello with Warbonnet and a nod to Garfield plus a chance to see those bubbles in the flesh. I’m very tempted but I’ve yet to justify how they fit in to my layout. Never got to chat to Leslie but I’m maybe thinking of taking another run down tomorrow. Time took over and I didn’t quite get to see everything. 

GNR, sorry I didn’t get a chance to meet you. That guy in the station masters outfit was eye catching. I bought a single photo of Ballymena but alas only of the engine shed. If you like pics of old locos though, well he was your man. 

Paul

PaulC,

I suppose there was no reason why we couldn't have met and said hello. I apologise for not making the effort.

I spent most of my spare time picking the brains of two modellers, both with attic layouts, one modelling Lisburn. They were able to give me a wealth of advice on soldering and the technique involved. They even took the trouble to bring me to Squires Stand and help chose the best soldering iron (which turned out to be sold out). Don't know who they were but they were very welcoming.

Maybe next time......

GNR, no apologies necessary, I didn’t make any effort myself. I spent about two hours at the show and it felt like 5 minutes. 

Did anyone else see The Belmond sitting at York Road later in the day?  I passed it on my way home at 5. 

Paul

We’ve just Unloaded the van after a very busy two days at the great Bangor show. Thank you to everyone who made purchases, preorders and stopped by to say hello! We saw some familiar faces and made some new friends too. A big thank you to Derek Carter and the NDMRS for looking after us so well. Roll on next year!

• Like 2

Steventrain

Thanks for the photos and videos. It was nice to see our T-Trak layout feature.

I have attached a four photos of the layout and 2 of Kildare Station. I did not manage to get may photos. Hopefully I will do better at the !st Bangor show in May

MikeO

T trak overview.jpeg

T Trak right side.jpeg

T Trak middle.jpeg

T trak left side.jpeg

Kildare Station.jpeg

Kildare Station 2.JPG

Edited by MikeO
  • Like 4

My experience at the weekend doesn't match everyone else's. I arrived to set up on Saturday morning to find my tables weren't there.  I'd ordered 3, enough to lay two ovals in my gauge. Three smaller tables were obtained, but they were smaller and I wasn't able to run.  I had put a lot of work in to be ready, and I felt insulted. 

• WOW! 1

Hope the Turf Burner CAD will be on show from IRM.

Actually, George, I was helping them plan their first Train Set - 

GREEN Turf Burner, three WHITE Bubbles and three ORANGE bubbles - sure to sell well 'Up North"?

Complete with crew of Oliver Bulleid, John Click and Ron Pocklington.

Leslie

• Funny 4

I met two very interesting guys while having a coffee, both with layouts in their attic. One of them modelling Lisburn. Both men gave me oodles of very interesting info on soldering track and droppers and even took me to Squires' table and helped me choose both soldering iron, flux and solder. One was tall, slim grey haired man, the other smaller. I wish I had have asked them their names but they were a real help, whoever they were. Interestingly, both were wearing light blue polo shirts so perhaps they were from a club?

Edited by GNRi1959

On 4/23/2018 at 8:14 PM, 16miller said:

My experience at the weekend doesn't match everyone else's. I arrived to set up on Saturday morning to find my tables weren't there.  I'd ordered 3, enough to lay two ovals in my gauge. Three smaller tables were obtained, but they were smaller and I wasn't able to run.  I had put a lot of work in to be ready, and I felt insulted. 

Does that explain why you were not there on Sunday? Also did you inform the organisers that you would be setting up on Saturday morning and not Friday evening

Blaine, yes, that's the reason. I can't remember if I informed them, as Saturday morning is a setting up time, and I was there shortly after the opening time for setting up. 

But that does not negate the onus on the organisers to ensure all exhibitors have what they requested. Either another exhibitor stole my tables, or they were never ordered. I emailed the show organiser on Sunday night, still waiting for a reply. 

16 hours ago, 16miller said:

Blaine, yes, that's the reason. I can't remember if I informed them, as Saturday morning is a setting up time, and I was there shortly after the opening time for setting up.

But that does not negate the onus on the organisers to ensure all exhibitors have what they requested. Either another exhibitor stole my tables, or they were never ordered. I emailed the show organiser on Sunday night, still waiting for a reply. 

So you turned up AFTER the show had opened to the public to set up? The organisers had requested that each exhibitor inform them when they would be arriving, either Friday evening or early Saturday morning, yet it appears you disregarded their instructions to be ready 10 minutes before the doors opened.

Also why moan about it on here, after the show had ended? The organisers were on hand for the show and were happy and helpful for any issues to hand. This is one of Irelands biggest Model Railway events, not some small local church hall fundraiser

I was one of the exhibitors in the same row as you and there were tables left for you on Friday evening. Maybe if you had arrived in good time and indicated that they were not suitable for your needs this could have been sorted out

I gathered you assumed everything would be left for you - Never Assume.

6 hours ago, Blaine said:

So you turned up AFTER the show had opened to the public to set up? The organisers had requested that each exhibitor inform them when they would be arriving, either Friday evening or early Saturday morning, yet it appears you disregarded their instructions to be ready 10 minutes before the doors opened.

Also why moan about it on here, after the show had ended? The organisers were on hand for the show and were happy and helpful for any issues to hand. This is one of Irelands biggest Model Railway events, not some small local church hall fundraiser

I was one of the exhibitors in the same row as you and there were tables left for you on Friday evening. Maybe if you had arrived in good time and indicated that they were not suitable for your needs this could have been sorted out

I gathered you assumed everything would be left for you - Never Assume.

And YOU have assumed here too. I was there an HOUR before it opened, others were setting up as well.  As you were there on Friday,  did you see who took them? I was there at 9.00 on  Saturday, I have a life, a family and a job that entails shift work, so a Friday set up is unpractical.  I did seek out an NDMRS person, who got me some tables, but not enough to run on. The tables I had ordered were gone, it  was the replacements that were unsuitable.

I wouldn't take tables that weren't belonging to me, but somebody in the hall did. If that's the mindset that's coming into railway modelling, then I'd rather be out of it. 

A reply to my email that I sent to the organisers on Sunday would be welcome. 

Just remember that the organisers have a life, a job and a family. They are amateurs, they do it for the love of the hobby. They make mistakes, Governments make mistakes, a couple of big breaths and get over it, there is always next year

Sorry to hear about your experience miller but it happens all the time