How to remove MM Mk2d coach roof?

Rate this question

Noel

Question

Has anybody removed the roof off an MM Mk2d?  

Richie's post below mentions it popping off at the ends but mine also seem glued or friction fitted along the sides.  I was hoping to put passengers in some coaches, add coach lighting, and respray the proper shade of tan/orange. If you had a photo of the inside of a roof that would be really helpful to see where they are attached.  Thanks in advance. Noel

http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/topic/3996-mk-2-supertrain-coaches/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-63248

Edited by Noel
fix correct page link

1 answer to this question

White smoke! :) Thanks to a PM from Richie and info in his post link above, I figured out how to get the Murphy Model Mk2d coach roof off.  It actually pops off fairly easily if you use a wooden tooth pick or narrow screw driver at one of the coach ends, a small section pops up and then you gently wiggle and twist the roof until the other snap fittings gently release and it pops off. It does not require any significant force.

IMG_5195.jpg

Now to repaint the black roof orange/tan and add some gentle weathering, but that'll be for another thread.

IMG_5197.jpg

• Informative 1