IRM’s first loco announcement!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

48 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

Eau de nil.... but faded!

Early colour photos show it originally in what may possibly be a mid grey. It looks as if it was repainted at one stage, despite its extremely short career. Possibly the first trial run was in works grey undercoat.....

Dont doubt your expertise in the matter of liveries Jhb - but both the chevrons and the handrails appear yellow in this pic30073715_1886617108056592_1336368087_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=a0b31303c4182570eb0142ce27602eb3&oe=5AC7D3C4

They certainly do, no doubt about that!  It's unreliable though - as indeed are just about any photos I've ever seen of that thing......

...and I should add, in model form it would be realistic to make it look that way, of course.

I never saw a decent colour pic of it newly painted and wouldn't be surprised to hear that none is known of.

Also, see how "yellowy-greenish" the green paint looks.....

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

I'm sure the new model will also be available in the Donegal red livery it carried while in use on the Cootehill branch, and both with and without pantograph, when it is released on the morning of the first anniversary of its announcement?

With optional third-rail shoe?

• Funny 1

All of the above included, but strictly 21mm, along with a "static" model for just the frames in use as a bridge on a golf course, which should be a big seller.  Rumours abound that they tested the Black and Tan on it also, so we'll get Noel on board at least. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Glenderg said:

I assume the first paint colour was stock Steam Loco Grey? Whatever they had to spare?

The second shot is from a set of slides that I spotted on eBay, and was keen to acquire, only for a certain Weshty to hoover it up! R. 

10369059_10152071349506933_4532777169330985744_o.jpg

CC1.jpg

Fine shots Richie, espically the latter. Be great to go back in time to roam around those sidings with a camera in hand!🤔

I know this is a "fun" thread, but just for information, there's a good photo in Keith Pirt's first volume, showing the Turf Burner in geen, with a green carriage parked on the adjacent road. The stripe on the carriage is eau-de-nil, and the handrails, ladder and end stripes on the Turf Burner aren't.

• Like 1