warb

barrow street

Went back to baseboards to start again to re arrange barrow street end Photo1 and updated photos of same with a delivery some of the evergreen strip for google buildings alone.

DSCF3989.JPG

DSCF3990.JPG

DSCF3991.JPG

DSCF3992.JPG

DSCF3993.JPG

DSCF3994.JPG

DSCF3995.JPG

DSCF3996.JPG

DSCF3997.JPG

DSCF3998.JPG

DSCF3999.JPG

• Like 6
  • WOW! 1

Some very atmospheric shots there,, especially with the lone van in the yard. That is a lot of plasticard.

48 minutes ago, RobertRoche said:

Some very atmospheric shots there,, especially with the lone van in the yard. That is a lot of plasticard.

Is the part burnt out van still at the end of the siding in the Boston Yard? 

Long removed john had been there for years

DSCF4002.JPG

• Like 5
  • WOW! 1

Posted (edited)

Remarkable. The vision required to create this scene, let alone the enthusiasm to build it, is fantastic. We can only hope it will get public outings so we can all enjoy it.

Looks like about £100 worth over Evergreen strip there. Still not bad when you think how much it would cost to commission such a building, but start up costs seem to be growing exponentially these days. For example, I must have close to 100 Humbrol tinlets. Replacing them with Tamiya acrylics would be quite an expense were I to do it all at once. 

There again, how many colours do you really need? Three, five? As for plastic sheet, a full sized A1 piece from Eileen's will set you back the same as an A4 from your local model shop. Hence a very good reason to plan your shopping if visiting a show and with no Maplins on the High Street anymore, the same goes for electrical bits too.

Enough already! Barrow Street is sublime.

Edited by David Holman
  • Like 1

re arranged barrow street end full weekend of works where does it go

DSCF4003.JPG

DSCF4004.JPG

DSCF4005.JPG

DSCF4006.JPG

DSCF4007.JPG

• Like 6
  • WOW! 1

This just keeps getting supernaturally better! Such an unusual prototype with so much detailed thought going into its planning, never mind its execution. I'm really enjoying seeing this one develop. I take it you live in a 5-storey house to accommodate it!!!