barrow street

Rate this topic

warb

Remarkable. The vision required to create this scene, let alone the enthusiasm to build it, is fantastic. We can only hope it will get public outings so we can all enjoy it.

Looks like about £100 worth over Evergreen strip there. Still not bad when you think how much it would cost to commission such a building, but start up costs seem to be growing exponentially these days. For example, I must have close to 100 Humbrol tinlets. Replacing them with Tamiya acrylics would be quite an expense were I to do it all at once. 

There again, how many colours do you really need? Three, five? As for plastic sheet, a full sized A1 piece from Eileen's will set you back the same as an A4 from your local model shop. Hence a very good reason to plan your shopping if visiting a show and with no Maplins on the High Street anymore, the same goes for electrical bits too.

Enough already! Barrow Street is sublime.

Edited by David Holman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good looking trays, will you line with acid free tissue paper and have card slips between coaches ? or foam buffer protectors,

I have done all three - albeit in G1 , I use JB foam in N gauge which with a card base is very good.  

Just to add to all an opus project of great standing and brilliant executed. A case of the 5Ps at work

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...