barrow street

Rate this topic

warb

Would be the first to say it is not the answer to everything. Has its uses though. My  own experiences improved exponentially when I got a 35 watt iron, 145 solder and flux! Now use a 100 watt iron for almost everything, so maybe worth another go? the other rule has to be cleanliness well before godliness. Too many rude words anyway, especially if you pick up the wrong end of the iron...

Extraordinary ambition and vision, while I've seen whole layouts built on the footprint of the control panels. Thank you.

Love the shot looking down on the Google footbridge. For me, the signs of a great layout are how many dimensions it has. Not the physical ones, but the visual ones and suspect there are a great many interesting and satisfying views from all angles. One of these days, maybe you're doing it already, you will look at Barrow Street and think, 'Did I really build that?'

Eventually, (not now!), it would be fascinating to read about what inspired this opus, how it will operate etc, etc. Many more miles on the journey yet and look forward to each new installment.

• Like 1

David

It all started seeing a photo in Michael H.C Baker book The railways of the republic of ireland 1925 - 1975 of a push pull set passing Grand Canal Street Sidings (photo 1973) which captured a scene and hit a nerve to have a go albeit modern image in the 90's onwards.(photo 1 Michael H.C. Baker)

regards

warb

DSCnd.jpg

DSCF4304.JPG

DSCF4307.JPG

• Like 4
  • WOW! 2