Sign in to follow this  
Railer

071 fleet overhaul updates.

Only 2 071s are now left in the freight livery with 075 only just gone in in recent days and all cab panels stripped off already.

074 and 086 are the last two in line.

079 and 072 are in the works painted up awaiting final finishing before re entering traffic.

• Like 1

They just need to give 078 some new 7s. When she was brought in last year she got the new larger font numbers replacing the older ones that 076 and 085 carry. Somehow they left her as 0 8.

0117079 will shortly be ready for traffic-It was on the load bank at Inchicore last Friday.

IMG_E3543.JPG

IMG_E3549.JPG

IMG_E3545.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • WOW! 2

Fab photo of 079 Noel. It really is great to see 071s being overhauled and especially that they are needed for future traffic. If I never saw another photo of an ICR I wouldn't even notice, but these GMs are epic machines. Impressive work by the IR engineering team. The loco looks like new.

• Thanks 1

Just looking at the last shot of 079, painted date shows December '17. That's a good few months getting other things done, was she waiting on new refurb bogies. I know 082 spent months on temp bogies during overhaul.

To me I always find it odd that the livery application is not left till last after all other work is complete.

11 hours ago, Railer said:

Just looking at the last shot of 079, painted date shows December '17. That's a good few months getting other things done, was she waiting on new refurb bogies. I know 082 spent months on temp bogies during overhaul.

To me I always find it odd that the livery application is not left till last after all other work is complete.

Awaiting refurbished bogies......

• Like 1

079 released to traffic yesterday. Went to Portarlington sidings to stable with spoil wagons already there. 

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:25 AM, Railer said:

079 released to traffic yesterday. Went to Portarlington sidings to stable with spoil wagons already there. 

IMG_3724.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ttc0169 said:

IMG_3724.JPG

Its not as realistic as Tara junction, no men at work, no action going on here :dig:

Seriously, nice pic :tumbsup:

PS: 079 hasn't yet been fitted with kadee's and not even weathered.

• Funny 5

6 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

And that grey is entirely the wrong shade.

Nah, it's the yellow warning panel that's off.🤐

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

0117072 is next up to be released to traffic after its body work overhaul and repaint.

IMG_4121.JPG

IMG_4161.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I hear 074 was taken off Tara duty on Wednesday and sent to Inchicore for it's overhaul leaving 086 as the final freight livery 071. Delighted to have got both these locos on the Branch line tour earlier in the year. 086 in particular with some great performance, noise and smell. It's taken little over 5 years so far but the fleet is almost there. 

Edited by Railer

4 minutes ago, Railer said:

I hear 074 was taken off Tara duty on Wednesday and sent to Inchicore for it's overhaul leaving 086 as the final freight livery 071. Delighted to have got both these locos on the Branch line tour earlier in the year. 086 in particular with some great performance, noise and smell. It's taken little over 5 years so far but the fleet is almost there. 

Correct-075 was heading for the paint shop I was told.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, saw a pic of her on Facebook all plated up. Some commented that it looked very Madmax like. 

FB_IMG_1528308398755.jpg

Edited by Railer

Interesting to speculate what exactly all eighteen of these beasts will do with the DFDS cancelled. How many are in traffic on a daily basis to cope with what few containers are left, the sticks and the Tara?

On that note, how many 201s does it take, on a daily basis, to look after the Enterprise and the Mk 4s?

9 hours ago, Railer said:

It certainly was an added bonus to get both locos on the tour back in April Railer. I too was delighted to get a few shots of both looking a little worse for wear, especially 086 sporting it's black and orange cab door and 074 with its IE logo missing, but as you said both sounding great. 

27 minutes ago, jason brady said:

It certainly was an added bonus to get both locos on the tour back in April Railer. I too was delighted to get a few shots of both looking a little worse for wear, especially 086 sporting it's black and orange cab door and 074 with its IE logo missing, but as you said both sounding great. 

And 075 stabled with a HOBs rake at the first stop at Carlow made it 3 for 3.