Omagh in N Gauge

Rate this topic

GNRi1959

Found this N-gauge model in my home house,  I started in 1992 in N-gauge of Omagh but never progressed beyond two baseboards. Back in the day, there was no internet, no forums and you were totally on your own. Still looks good, I gave it to my eldest son to try and get him interested in the hobby.

Edited by GNRi1959
  • Like 5
  • WOW! 1

Good example of the level of realism that can be achieved in N compared with a similar space in OO.

Excellent scenic and structure modelling Tony, the only disappointment is that you modelled the 1960s period and omitted the impressive double junction between the Portadown and Enniskillen lines.

John

For N gauge especially, that's a very neat little model.

It raises the issue: a great need in the RTR world is a proper scale AEC railcar set, in CIE, GNR, UTA & NIR liveries. If not N, certainly OO.

While on the subject, a proper RTR 80 class set....

Between the two, they are an absolutely essential part of the railway scene, especially in the north, from 1950 to 2000!

25 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

For N gauge especially, that's a very neat little model.

I

Thanks Jonathan,

It annoys me to no end that I never ever did manage to build a full working layout of Omagh.

It got to the point where my growing family were more important and soon after this I simply lost interest in modelling. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/12/2018 at 12:32 AM, Mayner said:

Good example of the level of realism that can be achieved in N compared with a similar space in OO.

Excellent scenic and structure modelling Tony, the only disappointment is that you modelled the 1960s period and omitted the impressive double junction between the Portadown and Enniskillen lines.

John

Only noticed this now but that double junction was removed post 57 closure of the Enniskillen line and it became nothing but a siding running for several hundred metres out of the station.