UG Class and U class at Omagh

Rate this topic

GNRi1959

10 hours ago, GNRi1959 said:

I was top of their waiting list

Well done Tony securing a U class.  Lovely loco.  If I had one I would have needed to add power pickups to the pony truck to get over my points, or alternatively fit 'keep-alive' capacitors to something like a Lenz Gold decoder.  4-4-0 will look great on Omagh junction.

6 hours ago, StevieB said:

Was that top of their list for ones found unsold or returned? As far as I know they have not produced any more.

Stephen

I was told that the UG was actually assembled from parts they had in stock which is why it was unlined and available in black only. Something of a rarity.

• Like 1

Congrats Tony on the acquisitions - I guess like me, most would have received their U & UG a year apart, so you've probably experienced double the exhilaration!!!  The UG looks well in the unlined black too.  Looking forward to seeing the locos in action and to seeing the layout develop.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Weshty said:

ooooh.   Very sharp intake of breath there.     The UG class is a fine looking little model.  Well wear sir.

Thanks Des, I'm cutting the ply back scenes at the moment so won't bring the locos into the shed until the dust settles!

3 hours ago, Patrick Davey said:

Congrats Tony on the acquisitions - I guess like me, most would have received their U & UG a year apart, so you've probably experienced double the exhilaration!!!  The UG looks well in the unlined black too.  Looking forward to seeing the locos in action and to seeing the layout develop.

Yes, indeed and I had a quick run with them tonight, excuse the poor quality video

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Noel wrote - If I had one I would have needed to add power pickups to the pony truck to get over my points, or alternatively fit 'keep-alive' capacitors to something like a Lenz Gold decoder.

Yep, the Keep Alive (or Stay Alive) chip really does the trick with the little U Class - mind you it's disconcerting when it runs off the end of a test track and continues running on plywood!

Glad you got your locos, Tony - nice wagons behind that UG!!!!!

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1