Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Warbonnet

Cemflo, by Accurascale

Recommended Posts

Best of luck.  I'm confident you will "blow their socks off" once again when these wagons arrive with customers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Noel said:

Best of luck.  I'm confident you will "blow their socks off" once again when these wagons arrive with customers.

They're getting a very positive response over on RMweb right now. More so than the HUO launch. Going to be very popular from the looks of it, and think they will break the UK market with these for sure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Railer said:

They're getting a very positive response over on RMweb right now. More so than the HUO launch. Going to be very popular from the looks of it, and think they will break the UK market with these for sure.

Yes, you can understand a certain amount of reserved caution from some consumers about a new player in the UK market when the HUOs were first launched, especially after years of small vendors entering the market with specialist products accompanied by 'announcements about announcements', unfortunately sometimes with poor or late delivery, so once the staggeringly good HUOs were seen in the flesh I assume confidence was instantly established.  I'd guess some UK consumers due to initial caution pre-ordered small quantities will now be re-ordering more wagons now that they know AS/IRM will deliver the goods on time and to an exceptional standard beyond their expectations.

I know it is just commercial business, but as a retired business person one cannot but feel proud of this Irish team of four who had a dream, followed it all the way through to delivering the goods, and establishing a successful new business venture with ground breaking products, entering the highly demanding and sceptical UK market, but scoring a home run on their first outing in the UK market.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Noel said:

I know it is just commercial business, but as a retired business person one cannot but feel proud of this Irish team of four who had a dream, followed it all the way through to delivering the goods, and establishing a successful new business venture with ground breaking products, entering the highly demanding and sceptical UK market, but scoring a home run on their first outing in the UK market.

Imagine looking at this from the other end of the telescope - imagine being an established manufacturer seeing "four yokels from the back of beyond" produce market-leading quality products almost instantly. It must be quite alarming!

It will drive others in the industry in the right direction, in the way that Toyota and Honda did in the 1970s, when they decided to make quality cars.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Broithe said:

Imagine looking at this from the other end of the telescope - imagine being an established manufacturer seeing "four yokels from the back of beyond" produce market-leading quality products almost instantly. It must be quite alarming!

It will drive others in the industry in the right direction, in the way that Toyota and Honda did in the 1970s, when they decided to make quality cars.

Well yes indeed. I was thinking the entry of AS into the UK market might, a) put sufficient fright into the likes of Hornby and Bachmann to think about the need to raise their game, especially Hornby (refinanced today btw), and b) trigger a rise in product standards from other small manufacturers.  

In time if AS become established as the premier UK brand for hyper detailed models, they could possibly even produce popular prototypes already covered by Bachmann and Hornby but to such a high standard enough folks would buy the AS product instead of the other two 'normal' spec offerings. Irish enterprises are now world class leaders in so many areas of technology, bioscience, agri-food, pharma, etc, it is great to see an Irish startup excel in a traditional market that is highly competitive and historically demanding. 

German and continental manufacturers have deservedly enjoyed a reputation for the best precision and finest detail models, but AS/IRM seem to be aiming higher than that, but at competitive UK pricing levels. A new playing field is being established before our eyes. The business model of selling direct seems to facilitate higher quality and affordable pricing.  Its the 21st century, the 4th generation era of eCommerce, who needs middle men between consumers and creators.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A great choice men. Definitely going to be a winner.

Rich,  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best of luck with this one, not that you will need it.

Looks great with lots of detail. :-bd

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That was the first use of Hornby's original prototype laser scanner - made from a bicycle lamp and a milk bottle.

Edited by Broithe
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no!!  >> 30 + Wagon cement trains from Cliffe, near Gravesend in Kent<<  SR 1961

These look so sweet! 7 packs though, 

Hopefully my First Accurascale models UK outline but my 33 is tasked on a 4-TC set! Deilmma.

 

,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

Terms of Use