Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Warbonnet

Join IRM at the SDMRC Clubrooms!

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, 

The South Dublin Model Railway Club will be very kindly hosting us at their clubrooms in Knocklyon, Dublin tomorrow night (13th June) from 9pm, where we will have decorated samples of the Tara's as well as cement bubbles and Accurascale HUOs for you all to look at. There might be an additional surprise to see too, but cannot confirm just yet!

This event us open to the public, so all are welcome! We appreciate that this is very short notice, but sure what else would you be doing of a Wednesday evening?? :)

The SDMRC are also providing some catering by all accounts! :) 

Spread the word and pop along!

Thanks,

Fran

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They don't seem to have an address or location map on their web site http://sdmrc.ie Nothing on Maps or Google Maps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Noel said:

They don't seem to have an address or location map on their web site http://sdmrc.ie Nothing on Maps or Google Maps

Knocklyon Road? Next to the M50?

 

Somebody who really knows will be along shortly, I'm sure.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you check  SDMRC facebook  page it gives an address

ie. 

Beside M50 Footbridge, Knockfield Manor, Knocklyon, Dublin, Ireland

 

 

Edited by PJR
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PJR said:

If you check  SDMRC facebook  page it gives an address

ie. 

Beside M50 Footbridge, Knockfield Manor, Knocklyon, Dublin, Ireland

Unfortunately the map location on their Facebook page doesn't correlate with the address

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

To the best of my knowledge...

E01_-_Google_Maps.thumb.png.1f736991f90bd7023fcffee638df98f3.png

 

That is my understanding, too - I believe that we've been through this before..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

To the best of my knowledge...

E01_-_Google_Maps.thumb.png.1f736991f90bd7023fcffee638df98f3.png

 

Thanks Stephen. :tumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Broithe said:

That is my understanding, too - I believe that we've been through this before..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep it's the large green building as shown in the above photo - accessed off Knocklyon Road. When you turn off Knockylon Road there is a narrow lane with a height restriction barrier across it - head down the lane and the club house is at the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the first time I drove in I thought I was going to end up going over the M50 pedestrian bridge! 

The big news tonight is that we will have two new things to show you all on top of the decorated Tara. So make sure to pop along if you can! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warbonnet said:

Yes, the first time I drove in I thought I was going to end up going over the M50 pedestrian bridge! 

The big news tonight is that we will have two new things to show you all on top of the decorated Tara. So make sure to pop along if you can! 

Will you be posting some images of the 2 mystery products online?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

Will you be posting some images of the 2 mystery products online?

Same, for others whom can't make it due to other obligations, myself included unfortunately

Edited by Railer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Railer said:

Same, for others whom can't make it due to other obligations, myself included unfortunately

I think that's an absolute given :) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will, we will have some pics up later tonight after the event for you night owls!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A sincere thank you to everyone who came along tonight, we were delighted with the turnout considering the very short notice and the stormy weather! A big and sincere thank you to the SDMRC guys for facilitating us. We may do it again in the coming months!

As for the news this evening , you can see it here and here

If anyone has photos and / or video of tonight please stick it up (I spent the whole night talking that I forgot to take any!) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

Terms of Use