Parkside Dundas Brake Van O Gauge. work in progress

Rate this topic

Hi M8s,

Struggling away with the modelling Lark. The good Weather does not help but on the plus side great for Paint Drying but kids and work have me bushed.

Treated myself to this O kit and it turned out pretty ok. I wonder did O gauge get its name from people saying "Oh thats expensive!!" .Some errors were made by me in the rush to make my little train like one side  actually being glued upside down FFS. Slight Preshading with white variations on the planks to get a subtle difference int he Texture. the Decals went on Sweet and were included not like the OO gauge model I recently built. 

A Dapol OO Brake van and N gauge Siphon are pictured for size comparison.

Anyway here's some picture of my Little Big Train. Of course it is SR!!

Hope Dapol bring out some other little SR Tanks, A little P class would be nice as the roxly Kit itself is pretty Expensive when you add in the Extras!  http://www.roxeymouldings.co.uk/product/305/7l10-secr-p-class-0-6-0t/. :/

579_7915.JPG

579_7916.JPG

579_7918.JPG

579_7919.JPG

579_7920.JPG

579_7921.JPG

579_7922.JPG

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Like 4

On 7/20/2018 at 12:25 PM, Georgeconna said:

era there will be a bit if dirt in it yet Richie, the Varnish was still cooking off there  at the time of the pics so I will do that in 2 weeks time all going well.

For the time being off to Swanage for 10 days Camping next the to Railway line. Glorious!!

Lovely work George. You must give the train a spin on Wexford MRC's new O gauge layout "Little Siddington" some day! Gerry

Edited by Irishrailwayman
Typo

Nice job George, the Slater’s kits are nice too.

Probably too opportunist of me to point out that we’ve launched our first 7mm wagon with Accurascale, due out later this year. Not much use for SR, but would look well on the Wexford and MRSI club layouts. If it goes well we will do more in he future https://accurascale.co.uk/new-announcement-huo-in-7mm-scale/

cheers,

Fran

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2018 at 10:39 AM, Warbonnet said:

Nice job George, the Slater’s kits are nice too.

Probably too opportunist of me to point out that we’ve launched our first 7mm wagon with Accurascale, due out later this year. Not much use for SR, but would look well on the Wexford and MRSI club layouts. If it goes well we will do more in he future https://accurascale.co.uk/new-announcement-huo-in-7mm-scale/

cheers,

Fran

Welcome to visit us any time Fran 😊

• Thanks 1