CIE Ballast Plough Now Available to Preorder

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

CIE_Plough_resized_large.jpg?v=153243186

We are delighted to announce that our forthcoming highly exclusive CIÉ/Irish Rail 24850-24854 series ballast plough van, is now available to pre-order in original CIE condition as an additional bonus model in the 2018 IRM range.

Five of the CIÉ/Irish Rail 24850-24854 series vans were introduced in 1978 to supersede elderly pre-grouping vans for the Civil Engineering Department. They usually ran in pairs, top and tailing ballast hopper trains with the plough/veranda facing inward across the Irish railway network until their withdrawal in 2013.

We had previously announced the vans in later IR and IE condition, but after calls from modellers an additional pack in original CIE condition has now been added to the production run, strictly limited to 250 packs.

CIE_Render_01_large.jpg?v=1532431821

The CIE plough vans will be faithful to the prototypes, lacking the later applied mesh screening over all the windows and it will also feature the half-sized doors on the veranda of each van. The vans will come finished in yellow with CIE roundels as per the real thing.

The model will utilise the same chassis as the ballast hopper and cement bubbles as per prototype, and will include features such as fully detailed interior, including bunks and heaters for the crew, as well as full DCC control of interior and tail lights via a two function 6 pin decoder. (sold separately) The vans will also feature a switch for these features for analogue control users.

Plough_Van_Print_large.jpg?v=1533117732

The Plough Vans will be made in a strictly limited production run with the vans coming in a pack of two for a sale price of €119.95. They will make a perfect companion for a new run of IRM Ballast hoppers with CIE roundel livery which we plan to release in 2019.

Discount bundles will also be offered for those buying all three packs of plough vans, with a special price of €340 for all three sets, meaning the CIE set will cost just €100, a saving of €19.95! This will be open to those who have previously ordered both IR and IE packs who wish to add the CIE pack to their order, with an email being sent to customers with a personal discount code enclosed later today. If you have already bought one pack, and wish to add the other two and receive the special offer, email us with your order number and we will process it for you. 

This price reflects the very small production volume and complexity of the model. The adapting of the moulds to account for the tooling changes required to offer the plough van means that delivery of all the plough van models including IR and IE livery will now be pushed back to October 2018.

Orders are now being taken here.

• Like 4
  • WOW! 2

5 minutes ago, skinner75 said:

Balls - just ordered without fully reading the post above re the discount for those who ordered the other two packs.
Sent an email/message using the Contact Us option on the IRM site just a minute ago

We will help you out Andrew.

If anyone else wants to add the CIE plough to their existing order of both IR and IE vans then please wait for the email with the discount code which will be sent to you shortly! 

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 3

So here's me thinking the cie pack will definitely have to cost a bit more for the retooling and so on,

(which was not a problem) ,.  Yet.once again you lads stun us all  with another discount,. how good is that.

just fantastic thanks lads.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, John-r said:

So here's me thinking the cie pack will definitely have to cost a bit more for the retooling and so on,

(which was not a problem) ,.  Yet.once again you lads stun us all  with another discount,. how good is that.

just fantastic thanks lads.

Cheers John! 

The discount email has just been sent and should be with you all shortly! 

Cheers,

Fran

52 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

We will help you out Andrew.

If anyone else wants to add the CIE plough to their existing order of both IR and IE vans then please wait for the email with the discount code which will be sent to you shortly! 

Cheers,

Fran

Sorted Fran - nice one!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DiveController said:

On walkabout in Ireland, looks like I found internet in the correct day! Great news so I’ll preorder what I committed to on the other thread.

May I purchase any three packs to (include at least one CIE) or only one of each style? 

Thanks!

K

Any three packs will make the deal work :) (as long as one is the CIE Pack)

Hi K,

The discount is based on the special link you would have been emailed if you'd already ordered a plough.

If you want to order three packs, use the link from the promotional email / blog post to ensure the code is used, otherwise you can manually type in the code 

PloughDeal247

In the promo code area on the website.

7 hours ago, DiveController said:

Is the discount pricing only available if you’ve previously ordered something other than the CIE plough? The full price was showing in my cart for any combo of three (including at least one CIE) the other night. Tried to ‘Chat’ but no response email seems to have received to date?

Thank you 

K

Just to add, Steve and I responded to your chat the other night but you seem to have logged off straight away?

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:48 PM, skinner75 said:

Balls - just ordered without fully reading the post above re the discount for those who ordered the other two packs.
Sent an email/message using the Contact Us option on the IRM site just a minute ago

Just done the same...…………..☹️

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi everyone,

Here is a look at the CIE plough. We got in a sample previously, but we were not happy with it in several areas, so we had to reject the sample and make tweaks. Thankfully this sample is much more like it. It caused part of the Plough delay, but we felt it best that we get it right. 

1180397752_ImagefromiOS(47).thumb.jpg.fe7e1594066796168cde87005da555ea.jpg

170462666_ImagefromiOS(45).thumb.jpg.24d89306bcf2c6853886a058e9e8f92d.jpg

27272976_ImagefromiOS(43).thumb.jpg.b9a6e95e90df4928092d72681a4e4ee9.jpg

boxes.thumb.jpg.46a29149ca99777081b48ba59afb868f.jpg

is will be a one off run, so don't miss out on them! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/ballast-plough/products/cie-ir-ballast-plough-van-cie-era

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

That looks really tasty. The little tweaks have taken it to another level and the wait was worth it. Can't wait for mine. Such an iconic and important piece of PW equipment. I'll take the ballast and ploughs over the hobs wagons any day even though the hobs wagon rakes are impressive to see in action.

Rich,

• Like 2

Can we see the sample v the final approved, in same pic

Will you raffle the sample off to us lot ?

what about awarding it to best model railway layout or kit build on IRM

what that?

"duck down WaySide incoming"........at least this time i can say I deserved the Ire of IRM's angry mark

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...