Dublin Model Railway & Hobbies Exhibition

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

1746393462_DublinShowPoster.thumb.jpg.cff099a7523a44f5d19a4e0f23b87770.jpg

We are delighted to announce that we are the sponsors of the forthcoming Model Railway & Hobbies Exhibition this October Bank Holiday at St. Paul's College, Raheny, organised by the The Model Railway Society of Ireland.

We will have a large stand at the show with new models for sale as well as all the latest IRM and Accurascale UK news. Make sure you drop by and see us as well as a variety of excellent layouts from across Ireland!

• Like 14
  • WOW! 1

• 1 month later...

EXHIBITS:EXHIBITS:
1. M.R.S.I. " Kölndorf "
2. M.R.S.I. “Dún Uí Rian”
3. M.R.S.I. Tramway
4. M.R.S.I. “Curracloe”
5. North Down MRC “Broadway Industrial Park”
6. Wexford MRC “Little Sidington”
7. South Dublin MRC - Thomas the Tank
8. South Dublin MRC - Kildare
9. 1st Bangor MRC -
10. Maritime Museum - Dockside Scene
11. Brick.ie - Lego Display
12. Herbert Alexander - "Wheal Rinn"
13. David Wynne - "Under the Swan Rock"
14. Charles Glaholm - Boat/Planes Models
15. Keenan/O'Connor - Model Bus Display
16. Derek Farrelly - Bus Models
17. Dublin Model Car Club - Radio Control Buggies
18. Richard McLachlan - Building Demo
19. Irish Rail Record Society - Photo Display
20. Railway Preservation Society Ireland - Photo Display

TRADE:
A. Irish Railway Models *main sponsor*
www.irishrailwaymodels.ie
B. Murphy's Models
C. Marks Models
D. Chris Dyer Models
E. Model Baseboards
F. Sean Ryan/Philip Mc Hugh Models
G. Ed White Trains & Scenery
H. Brian Collins Enterprises Die Casts models
J. All Components Electronics
K. Una's Miniatures Doll Houses
L. Weir Book's
M. Poots Model Bus Kits
N. D & E Video's
P. Provincial Wagons
Q. David O'Connor & David Rowe Die Casts Buses
R. G. Model Scene Model Scenic Accessories
S. Drogheda Model Shop
T. SPSI Books
U. Adrian Lemon Bus
V. Paul Walsh S/hand Trains/Die casts

Edited by Blaine
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 3

12 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

Who are these folks?

F. Sean Ryan/Philip Mc Hugh Models

Hi JB

Sean Ryan is the Gauge N guy- he was in the front corner at the Train & Model Fair on Sunday. Phil McHugh does the American trains, he is usually at the Fair but was absent this Sunday.

Eoin

I'm sorry to have to report that Provincial Wagons will not be at Raheny.

Nor will the Show be graced by Richard demo'ing all that is best in brass coach-building.

The long and the short of it is that our means of transport was stolen 24 hours ago and we cannot rectify this at a reasonable price in the time available.

Add to that, I had a serious fall on the London Underground last week and am limping about - you are all spared me showing off my bruises!

I'll put up suitable notices on this site and my own website for those who were hoping to buy the new brake van. It is my intention to offer it at the intended "Raheny" price of €35, posted to you. Either send me a PM, or use the link on my website.

Have a great show.

VERY sorry not to be there.

Leslie and Richard

The MRSI show is the highlight of my year. It's great to have something to do on a long weekend in Dublin. I try to get there early to avoid the crowds as it's the best way to view the exhibits but, everyone else seems to have the same idea. Pity there isn't a canteen as it'd be nice to sit down with a nice mug of tea and a few biscuits. I normally treat myself to a break and have a vegetarian roll (a cigarette [there's no meat in them so they must be suitable to for vegetarians]). Roll on Saturday!

Your car stolen, Leslie?

Absolute pond life filth who do that sort of thing - sorry to hear it. Hopefully they’ll meet 074 at a crossing......

More importantly I hope you recover physically ASAP.

My own order stands; herewith another photo of the species in GSWR guise for those interested in that era.

It’s possible that when brand new it was all-black, with same markings except the “G S W R” letters were then bigger.

40BDDFE8-664C-44AD-B718-FCED970DA73D.jpeg

F6EF5F61-2FA2-4E66-B614-C9CC56D46D29.jpeg

D6C893EF-CBA5-4C38-844E-D0DD20D44DB2.jpeg

And other older GSWR stock too. Elderly though it looks, examples of all of these survived into CIE times, some as late as 1957-60.

8F9421A3-6B48-44E8-A7B9-DF359FC8840B.jpeg

9453C09E-611F-460B-84CF-33EDA2C5B5EF.jpeg

Edited by jhb171achill
  • Like 1

Sorry to say, it was poor Richard's car which went - a more prestigious looking vehicle than my little 12 year old SMART! 

Thanks for good wishes, Garfield. Warley is definitely in the calendar and "on" - I'll be on the IRRS stand.

Have a good show. Looking forward to your news.

John

I saw that picture in the GSWR history. 

Before any of you ask - we aren't doing the Guard's name on each van!!!! (Look at the caption to see what I mean). 

Can someone teach young Beaumont how to include piccies in the right orientation!

• Like 1

For those of you who had planned to buy one of my new GSWR brake vans at Raheny - I'll send it to you by post for the Raheny price of €35. Just send me a PM, or use the e-mail address on my website.

Naturally, I have good stocks of all my wagons ready for the Show, so let me know of anything else you need and I'll send a quote - I can usually post two kits for the same price as one, so you'll save a bit.

Enjoy the  show! 

Leslie

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 1

Had a nice day out on Sunday. Enjoyed meeting the usual Suspects and and wow that Tara wagon is so nice. Delighted too that I got some nice Bargains from a few traders during the day.

Best Layout for me was an N  Gauge one from the lads up north. Ardrath I think was the name of it. nicely executed, not too much clutter and always trains running.

I also wonder why Exhibit unfinished layouts, the large German one and O gauge were on going projects. No Steam on the Wexford O gauge one :/

Delighted to see the Tea and sandwiches on sale again, Very welcome!

• Like 1

Early on Saturday morning they were trying to run a BR green A4 on the Wexford O gauge layout. Seemed to be having issues with it. It wasn't on the layout when I went back on Sunday lunch time.

Don't know if just me but the other half even said it. There seemed to be a lack of layouts at this show compared to past shows, it was more kids with Thomas and trade based.

I popped into the show early on Saturday and quite enjoyed it. It was great to have the 'cafe' to get a snack and rest ones feet. It was rather a busy scrum at times moving around the corridors and it would have been nice to see some more layouts, otherwise another enjoyable show. The IRM announcement was perhaps the highlight of the show. 

8 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

No Steam on the Wexford O gauge one :/

I think they ran steam locos all with sound on Saturday and Monday with Sunday being diesel day :) The big steam locos and their operators had to return to Wexford for their open day on Sunday. 

• Like 1

Hi Guys

I had a thoroughly enjoyable weekend, great to meet all I chatted with, and a big thanks to all that commented on the DARTs and the J10 and even a few orders taken. Thanks to the chaps of the MRSI for the hard work.....

My hoard from the show;-

1395550599_MRSI2018Hoard-01IMAG4260.jpg.e2f48fe8455b1cd1ff447d147d3ca12c.jpg

1905367943_MRSI2018Hoard-02IMAG4262.jpg.6b6bc6d6a36275cf216f7fa0ffaa744e.jpg

225726140_MRSI2018Hoard-03IMAG4263.jpg.b29aec8fa79e577ab68cf09905989f67.jpg

I also picked up a few digital Loco drawing books from the IRRS boys for reference in up and coming projects

Deposit in on my IRM Silver Class A

Roll on next year! but need to save up again.........

Eoin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgeconna said:

Had a nice day out on Sunday. Enjoyed meeting the usual Suspects and and wow that Tara wagon is so nice. Delighted too that I got some nice Bargains from a few traders during the day.

Best Layout for me was an N  Gauge one from the lads up north. Ardrath I think was the name of it. nicely executed, not too much clutter and always trains running.

I also wonder why Exhibit unfinished layouts, the large German one and O gauge were on going projects. No Steam on the Wexford O gauge one :/

Delighted to see the Tea and sandwiches on sale again, Very welcome!

We varied the locos each day for variety but did run steam BR and GWR Panniers, Prairie and an A4 Sir Nigel Gresley as part of the roster.

The idea of showing Little Siddington through its various phases of development is to demonstrate to those interested the techniques deployed. The early stages allow us to discuss how the innovative base-boards were made, the electrics/electronics (while they are still visible), the track layout (based on classic Bristol-South Wales pattern) and the foundations for the scenery. Going to exhibitions allows us to also road-test the layout and get feed-back as we progress. We got a very positive response from the public and modellers alike at the exhibition including comments which we can take on-board.

The layout was started in February 2018 and a lot of progress has been made since last Easter when we showed it at the Wexford Exhibition. Much progress is anticipated before we next show it at Easter 2019 in Wexford, Belfast in August next and the South Dublin Exhibition next October.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

Though unfinished, I was really impressed with the O Gauge layout. It was my first time to see an O Gauge layout and I was really impressed. The IRM Accurascale stand was very impressive and professional. The lads really have taken their' work/hobby very seriously and the announcement of the A Class really added to the atmosphere. While there may not have been the amount of layouts the people would expect for the premier model railway exhibition in Ireland I feel that there was something there for everyone. Well done to everyone involved.

• Like 3

Have to agree with George, Ardrath was excellent, and I wouldn't be a massive 2mm fan. Trackwork was lovely, bit of roundy roundy, bit of shunting, something for everyone. 

Had heard a few lads bemoan the number of layouts. Thomas and friends blue track and batteries is fine in my attic with Smallie, not sure it should be at Raheny though. 

Best bit was when I brought her around the layouts, and I was worried about the lego setup, that she might get giddy about lego, and I'd be into another money pit to keep her happy. 

Went into the room, she saw the mk3 lego flying about and just said

"dad, bus" and then she wanted out. 

Never so proud.. 😜 

• Like 2