whos gonna own up?

Rate this topic

Georgeconna

18 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

I want to give you a week long ban for posting the daily fail up on here! 

At least these trains might run on time.... 

(Doubt it's anything to do with 'PC', more to do with opening the brand up to new markets. Lots of money to make in China for example, and the whole thing is more American now than ever. And no, we aren't making it!)

11 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

Probably the "Thomas & Friends" franchise realising that they need to appeal to a much broader audience than small boys if the series is to survive rather than so called p.c. crap

Daughter has been pretty much into the hero girls stuff starting with Dora the Explorer, through Disney Princesses to Lego Elves made it pretty clear she did not like Thomas & Friends or British made kids cartoon programmes

India &China are both potentially huge markets heavily rail orientated with parents who want and are prepared to pay the very best for their childern.

Interesting to see if Bachmann or Hornby bring out any of these new international characters, Bachmann's Rusty looks like a reasonable start for a BNM Ruston, apart from Frateschi in Brazil I don't know of a manufacturer that produces a reasonably priced model of the EMD GA8 export model (Noor Jian Indian Royal Train locomotive)

Fat Controller is redundant and now replaced by a Woman so yep it is being bent towards being PC. Let hope she is up to the Job.

Sorry bout the Daily Mail, 1st link that came up. I'll use the Guardian the next time I am sure there much more balanced. :)

No wonder Hornby dropped the range. I can see loads of these sitting around the place. 

As you say its all about the money, money, money.

1 hour ago, Georgeconna said:

Sorry bout the Daily Mail, 1st link that came up. I'll use the Guardian the next time I am sure there much more balanced. :)

No wonder Hornby dropped the range. I can see loads of these sitting around the place. 

As you say its all about the money, money, money.

All newspapers have an agenda, I just find the British ones especially repulsive, pushing hard with their agendas, no matter what the side. They should just stick to reporting news instead of telling everyone what to think. I wouldn't be arsed with any of them (and I have worked for a couple of nationals in my time!)

Anyway!

My guess would be that Hornby let the range go due to increasing licencing cost more than anything else, it truly has gone global in the last decade, but that's just speculating on my part. Bachmann have a ready made range for the US market too, so maybe that will be dropped in come the new year into the UK?

Either way hopefully it encourages youngsters into the hobby to keep it alive. It's how I first came into it and I imagine I ain't alone in that regard! And sure we wont say no to more customers in the coming years! 

• Like 2