ooworks, J15

Rate this topic

popeye

Thanks to some research by 00 Works, and comparison with what as far as I'm aware is the only surviving sample of original paint, the correct shade of grey has finally been identified / matched.

My understanding is that Roderick will be able to supply it for anyone modelling steam.

Edited by jhb171achill
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to report that this little loco is delayed by the supplier of wheels! Otherwise the job's complete.

I had hoped to show mine at Raheny, but that now seems unlikely.

He plans to deliver the grey ones first. Then the black.

Folks, just be aware that while Roderick MIGHT one day do a Z-boilered version, it won't be for a few years, he tells me. So, if you want a J15 for your layout, now's the time to buy.

• Like 1
  • Informative 2
  • Angry 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2018 at 9:03 PM, jhb171achill said:

Thanks to some research by 00 Works, and comparison with what as far as I'm aware is the only surviving sample of original paint, the correct shade of grey has finally been identified / matched.

My understanding is that Roderick will be able to supply it for anyone modelling steam.

Excellent!!!

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, leslie10646 said:

The wait is nearly over!

My Informed Sources tell me that the driving wheels are due early next week, so the first locos should be completed pretty soon after that!

Just in time to run  Christmas extras! 

Yes I'd been advised by email that delivery is due before Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, heirflick said:

Mine arrived today and I am disappointed with the cab build.....its very much slanted to the rear and looks as if it was rear ended !   What do ye think lads?   Personally this would drive me nuts or am I been really particular?🤔

15441904574316929093211813519847.jpg

I'm no steam enthusiast but to me that looks awful. I may be wrong but does the picture in first post on this thread seem to have a similar problem?

Are these cast in one piece or is the whole loco assembled from separate sections?

No offence but I wouldn't be happy if it were me!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, heirflick said:

Well, I just emailed Roderick and is sending a replacement asap. Happy Days!😁

48 minutes ago, StevieB said:

I had exactly the same experience with Roderick in terms of problem and solution, so much so that I’ve bought a second one.

Stephen

Excellent customer relations 

• Like 1

Thanks for showing that, David. It looks as if I'm wasting money on a Stay-alive chip - mind you, I'm sure the MRSI's track is fifty-times as well laid as mine!

Sorry to hear about the wonky cab. I believe it is a separate "piece", as I believe Roderick told me he was going back to having a metal boiler - just the thing for an 0-6-0, giving it  bags of torque and pulling power (like the redly thing!).

• Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...