42ft Container Flats Pre-orders begin this weekend at Raheny!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Hi everyone,

We are opening the order books on our first items of our 42ft project this weekend; the B&I, Bell and CIE Liners. And before you ask; yes, it was due to be the ferts first, but the ferts are undergoing some vigorous fettling which as you may have noticed, has delayed the whole project somewhat. So, while we get that sorted out (and we nearly have it sorted) we have swapped the container liners into first position as they are more advanced. 

We are doing two packs of two wagons with Bell containers, two packs of two wagons with B&I containers., and one twin pack with two wagons each featuring two 20ft CIE containers. Phew! The B&I and Bell containers are of course the C Rail intermodal containers, which are excellent in both finish and fidelity, while the CIE 20ft containers are new tooling from ourselves. We're delighted to say that we will have pre-production samples of both C Rail container liveries on our stand at Raheny this weekend for you to see. While Bell containers have been done before, they have not been done on this pattern of container, which is earlier than other C Rail Bell containers giving them an operating spehere of 70s-90s. They are also new numbers unique to us. The B&I containers have never been done before, and of course the CIE containers are uniquely Irish and all new tooling. 

Cost per pack is €100, with a rake deal in place for CIE, Bell and B&I trains of four packs for €375. Delivery is Q1 2019. Since the production numbers of these is quite small, (half the size of other production runs like bubbles and smaller than the taras) they will sell out pretty fast. So, dont miss out on them. They will be available to pre-order from our stand and online from Saturday morning at 11am.

As mentioned elsewhere, we will also have a new product announcement (Well, two actually!) on our stand at Raheny, so make sure you drop by and have a look!

Cheers,

Fran

b_and_i_1.thumb.png.937e0f5d022925b50bef6e186ba7bf93.png

b_and_i_2.png.aa7b0c5150f00cfeac7961552f54d813.png

1190998496_bell_1(2).png.4369f786ffacda8161ce21bf01556c74.png

bell_2.png.c1400a1bc852dc37e2f6d2dbe005947d.png

20fts.png.28cc243199193697c3948b75a4c79191.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • WOW! 3

3 minutes ago, RobertRoche said:

Are you still considering offering the liner wagons without containers - a few rakes would be great.

We are considering it, but won’t before later in the run if we do. I’d just buy the B&I ones and sell the containers, they’re bound to be worth a premium for rarity alone 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative 1

32 minutes ago, irishthump said:

Oh they are tempting!

Will you have samples at Raheny?

We will have samples of the containers Graham, the flats themselves are being tooled at the moment. Bogies will be the sexy ones that are under the Taras with rotating axle caps etc. 

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, irishthump said:

These are sounding better by the second!

The ‘Bell’ containers look look fab. Credit card going to take a hit next March :)

Fran, will the position and height of NEM pockets suit replacing the TLCs directly with NEM style Kadee couplings? 

1 minute ago, Noel said:

The ‘Bell’ containers look look fab. Credit card going to take a hit next March :)

Fran, will the position and height of NEM pockets suit replacing the TLCs directly with NEM style Kadee couplings? 

Tender loving care? Sorry Noel, don't understand your query?

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

17 minutes ago, irishthump said:

Tension Lock Couplings? I think...

Ah yes. In the day job I learned many years ago that any sort of abbreviations are a big no no as it assumes that the recipient of the message knows what it stands for, and in a lot of cases, they dont. Never seen them referred to that before, but if that that is what it was, then yes Noel, they will be pockets at the correct height, we don't want no scrubs when going through points or curves, they will be easy to switch and shouldn't get damaged in the process. 

• Thanks 1

I know I brought this up early in the Project 42 reveal.

Given the time frame of the containers that feature on these flats release run is there any chance of the round buffer and Ridecontrol bogie variant of the flats appearing. 

Looking at footage of Bell liners in Kilkenny, of a full 18 wagon Bell only liner every second wagon was the rectangular buffer Y33 bogie next to the round buffer ridecontrol bogie variant. I know there is the commonality issue with the Taras to be considered too in regards the buffer and bogie crossover.

I'll be placing a Bell liner rake order with yourselves on Saturday at the show.

Edited by Railer
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Railer said:

I know I brought this up early in the Project 42 reveal.

Given the time frame of the containers that feature on these flats release run is there any chance of the round buffer and Ridecontrol bogie variant of the flats appearing. 

Looking at footage of Bell liners in Kilkenny, of a full 18 wagon Bell only liner every second wagon was the rectangular buffer Y33 bogie next to the round buffer ridecontrol bogie variant. I know there is the commonality issue with the Taras to be considered too in regards the buffer and bogie crossover.

I'll be placing a Bell liner rake order with yourselves on Saturday at the show.

Hi Graham,

We tried to make it work, but it just isnt economically viable for us to do both buffers and bogies for these. Maybe one for the cottage industry?

Cheers,

Fran

• Thanks 1

Wow , thanks lads bang goes the food for a couple of months ! Plan to order both Bell packs on Saturday as well!  Hopefully traction to follow .... :D- working on resin one to ensure A class is announced  in the future, you know you want to..

Lets hope all the other Taras and Ploughs  make it some time soonish . 

Robert