IRM at the Raheny Show this weekend

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Hi everyone,

As the big Dublin show is only a few days away, I thought it would be good to put together some details about what you can expect from IRM this weekend. We are delighted to be able to sponsor the show, our first show to do so as we look to support our local clubs and their shows every year which take great planning, dedication and hard work. 

We will have a slightly scaled down version of our new exhibition stand at the show, in the main hall towards the back. On it we will be on hand to sell cement bubbles, show you samples of plough vans and Taras, some items for our forthcoming project 42 range as well as Accurascale stock and samples on sale and view. 

On top of that, we will be taking pre-orders on Taras, Ploughs and our forthcoming container liners, which will be in limited numbers. You can read about that via the link below:

And finally, we will have TWO all new model announcements at the show at 11am on Saturday. One item will have a pre-production sample on hand, the other will be CAD only, but will give you a view of what we have coming after the 42ft flat project. So, make sure you drop by, say hi, and see what we have coming your way.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

One of the two items we are announcing this weekend. There's something off with the picture though, seems a bit blurred?? 😂

821118658_IRMPixelimage.thumb.jpg.ce32d50a06eb9a468de9c9b341d91729.jpg

See you all on Saturday! :)

My eyesight used to be 20/20 but now its only 22/00 :) Difficult to tell from that picture.  Have you checked the AF-S on the DSLR, or perhaps you had the ISO dialled up a little high say over 128,000?  For APS-C perhaps you might consider upgrading to a D500 or at worst a D7500 to make fotograf we can see. :):) FF wastes too much disk space and leaves no room for TLAs.

• Funny 4

5 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

Just heard the Marathon will be on this Sunday which mean the city centre will be a no go area between certain times. Pain in the ar$e that now as I normally trundle down the Quays then to Clontarf and up to the school in the AM.

M50 best bet George!

I can't get to Raheny today as there is no Public Transport from Haltwhistle to Dublin. However I am going to Newsham, Blyth Show which is the biggest event in Newsham with a footfall of at least 25 per day (Hang on people have 2 feet so that's 50 per day!)

I will have no internet either so my Container Flat order will have to wait a few days, hopefully there will be a 5 pack left then.

Looking forward to reading the 11am proclamation when I return this evening.

Ernie

• Like 1

On 10/26/2018 at 9:27 AM, KMCE said:

I was considering a scratchbuild of that loco, but if you guys are proposing a RTR version, i shall direct my efforts elsewhere and wait for your creation with anticipation.  🤤

Alas, the RTR version was not to be, however I can fully understand the reluctance to work on a model of this complexity.

So it looks like I will have to scratch build one myself after all!

I've made a start, but I think there will be considerable time required to complete this model to the highest standards.  

439777310_ScratchBuild1.thumb.jpg.133e191fb809e6ed3518caff16bcd8ef.jpg

569467895_ScratchBuild2.thumb.jpg.3f75b9eed3dfd53e4a08ebc50308c1e6.jpg

The finish is a bit stark, however I'm hoping with suitable weathering it will blend down to a more pleasing finish.

More as time permits!!

• Funny 6