A closer look at our A Classes!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

1 hour ago, Railer said:

Also on the artwork, I think its 056. It has bright IR orange roof and CIE tan below the black band. Is this how it will be produced, very interesting detail if so.

Think yous have 036 and 054 mixed up on the site artwork.

The darker shade below the black band is the dayglo panels on the front of the loco.... 

12 minutes ago, aclass007 said:

The darker shade below the black band is the dayglo panels on the front of the loco.... 

No, not on 056. I know what the dayglows look like.

056 is in supertrain with IR and no dayglows. It has 2 different shades of orange in the artwork.056.JPG.e69ba9dcd72540a896fc7cd405cb9e21.JPG

Edited by Railer

17 minutes ago, Railer said:

No, not on 056. I know what the dayglows look like.

056 is in supertrain with IR and no dayglows. It has 2 different shades of orange in the artwork.056.JPG.e69ba9dcd72540a896fc7cd405cb9e21.JPG

You're right.... It's listed as.. 'in Irish Rail on Supertrain Livery' on the website..... 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, heirflick said:

Calling IRM - might it be a runner in the future that the A classes and any further releases be they STEAM (yes please!) or diesel. will have the option of a sound chip fitted as with  the Deltics across the great divide? :confused:

We're working on it....

Agree with many of those suggestions @jhb171achill. Extremely relieved to see no ICRs on your wishlist, and the nostalgic AEC set gets past my personal DMU filter because it was such an important part of the CIE era.

1 hour ago, jhb171achill said:

AEC Railcar set - hyper.gif 

80 class set - confused.gif

C class - hyper.gif

E class?? confused.gif

Jeep - BIg seller? - hyper.gifWowzers!

Wish list: (please forgive we can but dream) :) 

1. IRM 121 class
  2. Bulleid single corrugated open beet wagons
  3. CIE H-Van
  4. CIE 20 Ton Brake/Guards Van
  5. Laminate Coach or Park Royal Coach (opening doors, lights, connecting corridor option) :) 
  6. Double beet wagons corrugated
  7. Sulzer 101 or 113 loco would be amazing
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Lovely collection Ernie. The pics in Waterford. The A pulling the ferts with beets parked next to to them and the orange bubbles stand out in particular. All will be available and some are already available to recreate those scenes.

Rich,

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Northman said:

Did NIR not have an A class?

You're not that far off. NIR purchased 6 C Class locomotives from CIE between 1986/87. Similar in appearance, but a smaller less powerful version of the A. 

4 minutes ago, JasonB said:

You're not that far off. NIR purchased 6 C Class locomotives from CIE between 1986/87. Similar in appearance, but a smaller less powerful version of the A. 

Which of course will compliment the A in the next few years from the lads in IRM towers!. and in NIR blue will go equally well with their class 80 ..... well hopefully as they have yet to announce  the next grand project - how many liveries and I have started on my second kit..

• Like 2

Preserved A class:

A55 - static, Castlerea, Co Roscommon. Hells Kitchen Railway Museum.

A3 - ITG owned, in storage, close to running order.

A15 - ITG owned, in storage unrestored.

A39 - ITG owned, close to running order, restored at Downpatrick.

Others all scrapped.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know you guys are up to your eyes in works but... any more info additions to the 17 strong fleet being released with a brief history, thanks?

I love reading up on the history of the A and C classes. If anyone has any good books on them they could recommend chasing up would be great too.

• Like 1