Warley

Rate this topic

David Holman

Arigna Town and Andy Cundick's new layout, Courtmacsherry, will be next to one another at Warley in two week's time. Both are proper broad gauge [36.75 & 21mm], so those with an interest in all things Irish, do come and say hello. I'm really looking forward to seeing Courtmacsherry. Andy is doing it to scale, but the track plan must be the closest you'll get to the perfect branch terminus and why nobody has done it before is a real mystery. If it is as good as Castlederg, then it will be well worth seeing.

Lots of other layout too, of course. At least another 88 in fact...

• Like 3

On 11/13/2018 at 3:10 PM, Andy Cundick said:

Corutmacsherry won't be quite finished as my Mum died last month which has obviously put a spanner in the works.Still its mainly the row of buildings along the road which seems to go on forever,anyway come and have chat.Andy.

Sorry to hear this Andy.  Castlederg was the star of the show at Cultra - and thank you for taking the time to chat to everyone you met, that makes it all the more enjoyable!  Looking forward to seeing pics of Courtmacsherry.

First, Andy, my condolences on the loss of your Mum. 

I'm not surprised to see the effusive praise on another thread for Castlederg - an advantage with being in "Weeping Exile" is that you can see Andy and David's layouts without having to go too far, for exhibition managers here in England know a good thing when they see it.

Castlederg is seriously wonderful modelling - as Andy knows - one of my first homes - I went to school there at the age of four - my Dad was a Sergeant in the RUC there - unhappily fifteen years after the tramway closed. My first train set was delivered to our home in Castlederg by a fat man with a beard at Christmas 1950.

Now, "back to business".

I won't be overtly selling Provincial Wagons at Warley, but I'll happily DELIVER pre-orders there. Please let me know what you want, either by the e-mail address on my website, or by PM here.

Obviously, having had to miss Raheny, I've plenty of stocks of most wagons, especially my new GSWR 10 ton brake van - intended Raheny prices will apply.

You'll find Richard McLachlan and I on Stand C65 - the Irish Railway Record Society, London Area, so drop by and say "Hi".

We'll be displaying (and selling) digitised drawings from the Society archive - locomotives, coaches, wagons, buildings, signalling diagrams - you name it! Come and see the superb drawings of the Dundalk Newry and Greenore line - a work of beauty.

I'll be selling a selection of recently published Irish railway books and some out of print works.

We look forward to seeing you - never a better year to come with two superb Irish layouts, the IRM guys and us!

Leslie

On 11/12/2018 at 10:09 PM, David Holman said:

Arigna Town and Andy Cundick's new layout, Courtmacsherry, will be next to one another at Warley in two week's time. Both are proper broad gauge [36.75 & 21mm], so those with an interest in all things Irish, do come and say hello. I'm really looking forward to seeing Courtmacsherry. Andy is doing it to scale, but the track plan must be the closest you'll get to the perfect branch terminus and why nobody has done it before is a real mystery. If it is as good as Castlederg, then it will be well worth seeing.

Lots of other layout too, of course. At least another 88 in fact...

As I'm just packing up stuff for Warley, I'm checking through the papers which the Club sends us. I was looking to see just where they'd put us and, Bless 'Em they've put us back to back with Andy and David - so we have a nice little Irish corner. 

So, after you've ogled the layouts remember to pop round the corner and say "hi" to us at the IRRS Stand C65.

I hope to see lots of you at the weekend.  

Leslie (and Richard)

PS Wow, I've just noticed that The Lads have a whole Island to themselves at B31a!

• Like 1

Same here, Leslie. To my shame had not at first realised IRRS had a stand there until I read you post and realised you were just behind. Seriously good planning, or what? If you find the time, you are more than welcome to come and play.

Will be adding to the already long wish list - and this is on top of the Reading O Gauge trade show the week after - so am definitely looking forward to seeing what is on offer.

• Thanks 1

Ah, David, I always ask to be at least close to any Irish layout. This time Chris, the Societies man for the Warley MRC, has really come up trumps.

One year we were actually in line with two MRSI layouts - one of which, very deservedly, won a Cup! There was never a moment when there wasn't a crowd in front of it. It was a brilliant crowd-pleaser for an exhibition.

On 11/14/2018 at 6:59 PM, Andy Cundick said:

Err sort of done about half of it (the Donegal half)but wasn't happy with the trackwork (Peco) it ran alright but the points are a bit sharp for the Donegal stock so currently dismantled waiting its place in the layout queue,roll on early retirement next year Andy.

Aw, Andy, ye're no fun at all - I thought you were going to do the whole of Strabane and was looking forward to selling you a load of GN wagon kits!

• Like 1

Impressive modular construction - they were putting it up at 7pm when I called by to say "Hi" to the lads. It obviously goes together very well!

Good luck with the launch tomorrow - I must try and get along to swell the crowd!

I promise you Stand C65 is VERY simple - our Chairman won't let us have a flashy presence.

On 11/21/2018 at 5:05 PM, David Holman said:

Same here, Leslie. To my shame had not at first realised IRRS had a stand there until I read you post and realised you were just behind. Seriously good planning, or what? If you find the time, you are more than welcome to come and play.

Will be adding to the already long wish list - and this is on top of the Reading O Gauge trade show the week after - so am definitely looking forward to seeing what is on offer.

Well we do try ! Show layout meeting see us make all sorts of  linkages - most we get right ...  yes B31A - note ref to "A" there looks good. 

Robert 

6 minutes ago, Noel said:

Impressive branding and presentation.

A good looking stand two gents spent all day hand crafting much of it and the lads had the pleasure of adding some lovely models - Tara wagon samples are brilliant.  A telling empty case and LED TV to tempt for lunch time I guess.  A good weekend for Accurscale and IRM . No obvious IRM branding but given market understandable .  FWIW I have  filled a shelf on A2 with models and kits - head in shame not any room for IRM but given cases on stand a lot can be seen of current and past kits and RTR with some 3D prints and beets .....

Robert   

• Like 1