Tara's

Rate this topic

Jim

3 hours ago, BosKonay said:

The NEM362/kinematic coupler assemblies on the wagons should make draft boxes redundant. It’s also why we included close coupling bars with the Tara’s. 

Yeah I get that BosK, and just to be clear the kinematics work perfectly! My reason is that I'm slowly installing draft boxes on all of my Irish/UK stock, locos included. I prefer the way they look and operate.

But the kinematics are excellent and will be perfect for people who are not as obsessive as myself!xD

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Noel said:

Loops? Surely also an Immelmann turn or a split S. :)

LOL, A Standard 4 Tank got the honors with two wagons.Too Lazy to Scramble around looking for me chipped 071's.

I Wondering what the black Caps were in the Packet, Me eyes are gone to pot, A Magnigfying glass confirmed they were for the ends of the axles!

Anyone spot the Real metal Springs under the wagon. nuts altogether for Detail and those little Stars on the wagon side the red printed bang on.

If your spot any single ladies in China give em me number but I'll have to trade in the current wife first!

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

5 hours ago, BosKonay said:

The NEM362/kinematic coupler assemblies on the wagons should make draft boxes redundant. It’s also why we included close coupling bars with the Tara’s. 

Well done design and implementation team. clap2.gifYou've raised expectations so high with each wagon product that raised the bar even higher, that some customers might be expecting operating windscreen wipers on the A class next year. :) 

• Like 1

Between packing more orders (we can barely keep up atm, lots of new orders have come in with people adding to their rakes!) I managed to get some pics of each set. As per usual, we have done lots of individualism on the deco, all per the real wagons of course! 

1919319562_PackATara(2).thumb.JPG.81710b5825764a5cd48ed9b5b7cfed38.JPG

Pack A

1504862754_PackBTara.thumb.jpg.d7d64743b2c9fb2af08e95f5b3e753b0.jpg

Pack B

652146247_PackCTara.thumb.jpg.67efd4aec2bbc6d23e0af7d402d77423.jpg

Pack C

2009870045_TaraPackD.thumb.jpg.8b33139061aae492c6a19b9c2070a3a0.jpg

Pack D

1859341120_PackETara.thumb.jpg.23a5587d31a9e8f1578e5f1075406fd3.jpg

Pack E.

Get them while you can! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/tara-mines

• Like 5

8 hours ago, DiveController said:

Sorry Bos, I didn't understand that 😕

Sorry! Basically the wagons have a sprung mobile coupling pocket installed to nem352 standards, underneath the body not on bogies, which allows you to close a couple using the bar or your preferred coupler. The coupler itself can swing independent of the bogie position 

I have received my sets and all I can say is that they are superb models with such attention to detail. I am very impressed with the sprung coupling pocket. A new standard to be extremely proud of. Well done again lads of the IRM.

Edited by PJR
  • Thanks 3

I had an idea that the writing was in a lime green colour on a white background initially, certainly when I first saw them. However, the above (superb) photo shows a brand new one, and the writing could hardly have faded to the above colour in that short time - or is the writing not complete, ie what’s showing above is an undercoat orcrcperimental colour?

Discuss......!

Edited by jhb171achill

15 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

I had an idea that the writing was in a lime green colour on a white background initially, certainly when I first saw them. However, the above (superb) photo shows a brand new one, and the writing could hardly have faded to the above colour in that short time - or is the writing not complete, ie what’s showing above is an undercoat orcrcperimental colour?

Discuss......!

Yes, Lime Green is correct. Check the IRRS archive page, it has a shot of one in its title picture

• Like 1

Had a go at weathering some of the Tara ore wagons today. May have another go at tweaking them tomorrow using dry powders rather than a wash and get more of that grey dirty ore effect on the sides.

IMG_8903a.jpg

IMG_8892a.jpg

IMG_8904a.jpg

IMG_8906.jpg

Edited by Noel
better pic
  • Like 10

10 hours ago, warb said:

Anybody have any photo's of tara's in pearse/boston sidings?

regards

warb

Don't think they ever went south of East Wall Junction except for recently when 8209 had to haul a failed empty Tara back to the Connolly wash road before propelling it back to Fairview and reversing down East Wall back to North Wall yard to dump 085.

Edited by Railer

They go to Limerick all the time for works. There is a small wagon works shed in Northwall for minor issues. Usually 1 wagon a week goes to Limerick for maintenance. They go as part of wagon transfer trains from Northwall along with any LP or LX flats that need work, usual;y stop off at Inchicore on the way there and back.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Railer said:

They go to Limerick all the time for works. There is a small wagon works shed in Northwall for minor issues. Usually 1 wagon a week goes to Limerick for maintenance. They go as part of wagon transfer trains from Northwall along with any LP or LX flats that need work, usual;y stop off at Inchicore on the way there and back.

Yes believe it or not the only time I personally had ever seen a Tara wagon for real on the railway, was last July when getting a train (2600 sweatbox) into Limerick and passed some in the sidings. As my nostalgia memory is limited to the Cork, Galway, Waterford, Kerry and Limerick lines Tara's were not something I'd seen before discovering them in this web site. They are substantive wagons and look meaty. Thankfully they are relatively short for bogie rolling freight so look well on typical layout curves and you don't needs dozens of them to make a realistic looking rake. The IRM models are stunning as is now becoming the expected norm. Higher the bar goes with every new release.  Design team have outdone themselves.

Edited by Noel
multiple typos

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:44 PM, Noel said:

Had a go at weathering some of the Tara ore wagons today. May have another go at tweaking them tomorrow using dry powders rather than a wash and get more of that grey dirty ore effect on the sides.

IMG_8903a.jpg

IMG_8892a.jpg

IMG_8904a.jpg

IMG_8906.jpg

Noel that's nice work, and not overdone.

Is that a paint wash or a weathering powder mix?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Noel said:

Yes believe it or not the only time I personally had ever seen a Tara wagon for real on the railway, was last July when getting a train (2600 sweatbox) into Limerick and passed some in the sidings. 

They are the stored air braked bogie shale wagons which are similar to the Tara's but without the lids and  have been parked on the up sidings at Limerick that you  probably seen Noel-and you would have been travelling on a 2800 railcar into Limerick as it was highly unlikely that a 2600 railcar was used for the shuttle :tumbsup:

3 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Going to do the Devils Advocate here Noel, no harm intended

The little globules at the end of the streaks on the right hand side of the wagon look unrealistic, they need to run out to a finer point

The one on the right over the bogie is what I think you should be trying to achieve

Cheers Dave. Already sorted. 

• Like 1

Good for you gents well deserved and hopefully future batches in forthcoming years will keep the cash flow going - need a large bogie wagon to keep it in I guess ..

Hopefully if you can catch breath between locos for UK and IRE markets you will enjoy the festive season.  I guess the heat still on the 42foot flats and Ferts  to keep you busy.  This is quite a "monster" you have created .... 

Thanks from this three thumbed modeller !

Robert 

• Like 2