Jim

Tara's

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, BosKonay said:

The NEM362/kinematic coupler assemblies on the wagons should make draft boxes redundant. It’s also why we included close coupling bars with the Tara’s. 

Yeah I get that BosK, and just to be clear the kinematics work perfectly! My reason is that I'm slowly installing draft boxes on all of my Irish/UK stock, locos included. I prefer the way they look and operate.

But the kinematics are excellent and will be perfect for people who are not as obsessive as myself!xD

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Noel said:

Loops? Surely also an Immelmann turn or a split S. :)

LOL, A Standard 4 Tank got the honors with two wagons.Too Lazy to Scramble around looking for me chipped 071's.

I Wondering what the black Caps were in the Packet, Me eyes are gone to pot, A Magnigfying glass confirmed they were for the ends of the axles!

Anyone spot the Real metal Springs under the wagon. nuts altogether for Detail and those little Stars on the wagon side the red printed bang on.

If your spot any single ladies in China give em me number but I'll have to trade in the current wife first!

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

Seen the springs on an early pp sample George. The stars are on the ballasts and bubbles also. These men always want to push the technical and production levels to the limits. 

Rich,

5 hours ago, BosKonay said:

The NEM362/kinematic coupler assemblies on the wagons should make draft boxes redundant. It’s also why we included close coupling bars with the Tara’s. 

Well done design and implementation team. clap2.gifYou've raised expectations so high with each wagon product that raised the bar even higher, that some customers might be expecting operating windscreen wipers on the A class next year. :) 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Noel said:

You've raised expectations so high with each wagon product that raised the bar even higher, that some customers might be expecting operating windscreen wipers on the A class next year. :) 

Expecting leaking oil pumps myself. xD

• Like 1

Between packing more orders (we can barely keep up atm, lots of new orders have come in with people adding to their rakes!) I managed to get some pics of each set. As per usual, we have done lots of individualism on the deco, all per the real wagons of course! 

1919319562_PackATara(2).thumb.JPG.81710b5825764a5cd48ed9b5b7cfed38.JPG

Pack A

1504862754_PackBTara.thumb.jpg.d7d64743b2c9fb2af08e95f5b3e753b0.jpg

Pack B

652146247_PackCTara.thumb.jpg.67efd4aec2bbc6d23e0af7d402d77423.jpg

Pack C

2009870045_TaraPackD.thumb.jpg.8b33139061aae492c6a19b9c2070a3a0.jpg

Pack D

1859341120_PackETara.thumb.jpg.23a5587d31a9e8f1578e5f1075406fd3.jpg

Pack E.

Get them while you can! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/tara-mines

• Like 4

18 hours ago, BosKonay said:

Sorry Bos, I didn't understand that 😕

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DiveController said:

Sorry Bos, I didn't understand that 😕

Sorry! Basically the wagons have a sprung mobile coupling pocket installed to nem352 standards, underneath the body not on bogies, which allows you to close a couple using the bar or your preferred coupler. The coupler itself can swing independent of the bogie position 

I have received my sets and all I can say is that they are superb models with such attention to detail. I am very impressed with the sprung coupling pocket. A new standard to be extremely proud of. Well done again lads of the IRM.

Edited by PJR
  • Thanks 3

Got my bundle of all 5 packs yesterday and very impressed with them. Only ordered them on the 5th December. How's that for delivery service. Roll on the container flats and ferts:dancing:

PS. Any word on the plough vans yet?

• Like 2

I had an idea that the writing was in a lime green colour on a white background initially, certainly when I first saw them. However, the above (superb) photo shows a brand new one, and the writing could hardly have faded to the above colour in that short time - or is the writing not complete, ie what’s showing above is an undercoat orcrcperimental colour?

Discuss......!

Edited by jhb171achill

15 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

I had an idea that the writing was in a lime green colour on a white background initially, certainly when I first saw them. However, the above (superb) photo shows a brand new one, and the writing could hardly have faded to the above colour in that short time - or is the writing not complete, ie what’s showing above is an undercoat orcrcperimental colour?

Discuss......!

Yes, Lime Green is correct. Check the IRRS archive page, it has a shot of one in its title picture

• Like 1

The wagon in the photo looks new, yet the “TARA” isn’t green. I wonder if it is s hastily-arranged paper one for a photo-shoot? I saw a whole rake brand-new and they all had lime green writing.

the photo above looks as it  is from a slide  not original and maybe this is what is distorting the picture /colour

Had a go at weathering some of the Tara ore wagons today. May have another go at tweaking them tomorrow using dry powders rather than a wash and get more of that grey dirty ore effect on the sides.

IMG_8903a.jpg

IMG_8892a.jpg

IMG_8904a.jpg

IMG_8906.jpg

Edited by Noel
better pic
  • Like 8