Tara's

Rate this topic

Jim

On 12/13/2018 at 12:19 PM, WRENNEIRE said:

Going to do the Devils Advocate here Noel, no harm intended

The little globules at the end of the streaks on the right hand side of the wagon look unrealistic, they need to run out to a finer point

The one on the right over the bogie is what I think you should be trying to achieve

There you go Dave, adjusted as per your expert advice :) 

IMG_8928.jpg

IMG_8930.jpg

Kadee no 18s fitted and they work a treat as well as aid closer coupling. I just love these Tara wagons, stunning detail and they just look so workman like. Some more to weather and kadee before they are time tabled to run on the layout.

IMG_8932.jpg

• Like 6
  • WOW! 1

1 hour ago, jason brady said:

I've soiled myself again...

:drool:

At least we'll recognize you if we see you at an exhibition Jason. Folks will be keeping you at arms length while holding their noses and there will be a swarm of blue bottles following you. Seriously though the wagons look amazing top work by our man.

Rich,

• Funny 2

Picked up a rake of these beauties today. I've just sat down with a can of the black stuff to have a proper look at them, and I have to say I'm blown away by the detail. My Bubbles will always be my favourite wagon but that's because I have a cement fetish (less said about that the better) and even with my love for the Bubble I have to admit these are definitely the most impressive release to date. For such a young company to come so far in such a short space of time and be banging out models of this quality is sometimes hard to believe, but it's being done and long may it continue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've been having a look at the Taras today and decided to have a look at them coupled with the supplied coupling bars. They look 100% better and unobtrusive compared to the TLC. They also give closer coupling. If you want to run fixed rakes and don't need kadees give them a try.

Rich,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 4 December 2018 at 6:54 PM, Warbonnet said:
They're here! Tara Mines Now in Stock!!

The wait is finally over, after a long and perilous journey from China, the Tara Mines wagons are now in stock and how good do they look? A perfect companion for your 071 or our forthcoming A!

The first tranche of orders left our warehouse today, with another huge amount to get through tomorrow! Here are some close ups, and with over half the production run already sold we cant see them sticking around for long. :)
327788827_TaraLayout1.thumb.jpg.86bb004668c856035eeb8f98846e7bcf.jpg

910615359_TaraLayourCloseup.thumb.jpg.e00ccf623068ba322177c3ded641bfae.jpg

2115670521_TaraUnderbelly.thumb.jpg.2c13e08beb4570b141b872174db76ba0.jpg

692849491_TaraLayout2.thumb.jpg.3677b7ddb0683156938a0f452059f6aa.jpg

1038829408_071IRMTaras.thumb.jpg.4aba0c843bb01785dbe1139ea61f08af.jpg

Don't miss out, order yours today! Thanks to everyone for your patience in waiting for these. It's been one hell of an ordeal, but we're delighted to finally have them here and making their way to you all! 

Cheers,

Fran

Those Tara Wagons look superb, and the spinning axles are probably a first for ready to run railway wagons. Nice work Irish Railway Models.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They were basically always grey with dirt, dust. It's only in the past 10 years that the Tara wagons have got more regular maintenance, that they are now cleaner more often and they get repainted more regularly. Ever since all the cement and shale traffic stopped Limerick works have more time to give to the Taras and it shows.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Railer said:

They were basically always grey with dirt, dust. It's only in the past 10 years that the Tara wagons have got more regular maintenance, that they are now cleaner more often and they get repainted more regularly. Ever since all the cement and shale traffic stopped Limerick works have more time to give to the Taras and it shows.

here's the only pics I could find on line - anybody out there got any more please?:praying:

m6s6aicjogoampxnh1a9dzzq7k4g1nn$q5j0m4fr5wbd7bqq0ahf9kkp2oy1e3r.png

tara22.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Railer said:

Your second picture, they area all blue under all that dust.

Same as this

464101895_tara80s.jpg.efbe4e68c5616414f564f5a2ef61bb90.jpg

Here's a gem I just found through Google.

1470762290_TaraTestTrain.jpg.8c086b9e5539b605ad7d3196a9010137.jpg

Above is the 'Mutts Nuts'!!!  Brilliant pic - I'd say there is some mighty conversation going on there!9_9  many thanks for the pics railer

• Like 1

• Alexandra Road 088 Tara's June2003

As luck would have it, my experiments in uploading my video to flickr today were from the same date as this sequence of the Tara's arriving at Alexandra Road behing 088 in June 2003. You can see patches of the red/brown livery through the grey dust. Its a bit shaky in places, probably jet lag from the Ryanair long haul ex Geordie land that morning.

Ernie

Its only uploaded part of the video! Possibly there is a daily limit.

Edited by Irishswissernie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack said:

Just received my rake of Taras today.This is them behind 088. Please forgive all the foreign beasts on view.

Jack

Hi Jack. The video player is not working. Cheers. Noel

PS: intrigued what the 'foreign beasts' might be :)

9 hours ago, heirflick said:

Tara Test Train.jpgAbove is the 'Mutts Nuts'!!!  Brilliant pic - I'd say there is some mighty conversation going on there!9_9  many thanks for the pics railer

Great find. A Brilliant pic indeed, a train correctly punctuated by a proper brake van. :)  

Edited by Noel
  • Funny 1

• 1 month later...

I know the guys at IRM are dead set on detail on their models. Something that I have just noticed recently is that 1 or 2 of the tara wagons have the shale wagon bogies that are not shale rebuilds into taras.

I think below is wagon 23 and I have another somewhere of wagon 25 at Limerick Junction with the same bogies. Any info on how these wagons ended up with these bogies?

426601773_tara80s.jpg.180b58f5165052168e1988cc3a9c00c0.jpg

Edited by Railer

32 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

Best bet is a result of derailment damage to original  but sure experts on here will find out the real story.

I mean from point of view of models that IRM produce. They would not do 31025 with the wrong bogie type if they knew otherwise, they would have went with a different running number. 

Like how they only did the Bubbles in IC livery on the running numbers they know of. 

31025.jpg

Edited by Railer

They seem to get swapped around during maintenance visits. Bogies are service and are in a pool I believe, and when a wagon comes in for service the can be put on the next available set of refurbed bogies and put back out into service. Maybe someone like @ttc0169 would have a better insight, but we work of prototype pics so the photo we used would've had the correct bogies.

Good spot! 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative 2

The Sombre et Meuse type bogies are interchangeable, the ones with the extra sets of brake blocks are normally used under the bogie timber and the air braked track panel per way trains, and are normally confined to these types of wagons now,

They were formally used on the bogie shale and bogie bulk cement wagons,

I was fortunate to visit Limerick wagon works a few years ago and observe a bogie swap take place between a Tara wagon ,a shale wagon and a CPW-the CPW getting the Tara bogie, the Tara got the shale bogie and the shale got the CPW,

Here are a few photos of that visit..

HPIM1796.JPG

Wagon works at Limerick..JPG

HPIM1771.JPG

HPIM1791.JPG

HPIM1788.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • WOW! 2