Etched parts for MGWR Horsebox & Fish/Meat van.

Rate this topic

Mayner

The etched parts (body,chassis, roof) for the 1889 Horsebox and the Meat/Fish Van are available to order direct from the engravers.

Detail castings are available from the Dart Castings MJT range https://www.dartcastings.co.uk/mjt.php

260269629_MGWRHorseBoxMeatVanInstructions.thumb.jpg.c50a81976a33148865bbe5a56568a0fd.jpg

Horse Box $40NZ + postage and packing at cost (min $26.5 registered post within UK & Ireland)

1132277744_MGWRDRGMeatVanFret.thumb.jpg.e8e4d2b2c2c115c33091903c2c8bc7d3.jpg

MGWR Meat/Fish Van $40NZ+ P&P at cost 

DSCF3550.JPG.d71f21219ba4d47e61c90b9d366abc2e.JPG

DSCF3553.JPG.119a0fa8bf15b402fb1e555a4bacbf1e.JPG

DSCF3566.JPG.c99b588d948329e0c4ce74bb4e0dc77a.JPG

• Like 1

John,

These are fantastic with incredible detail - well done.

I gotta get me some of these!!

Two quick questions:

• Are these available immediately (ie to put in with some castings????)
  • Are they suitable for 21mm

Ken

Edited by KMCE

Ken

Your castings are on their way to Ireland!!!

There is a 2-3 week lead time between placing an order for the etched parts and delivery.

The kits are designed to be assembled to run on OO or 21mm gauge track with a rigid or compensated chassis. 

Buffers are very close to a GWR pattern, axleboxes, springs and syphon roof vents were produced in collaboration with Dart Castings from my patterns.

On 11/30/2018 at 1:13 AM, Mayner said:

Your castings are on their way to Ireland!!!

Excellent.  They should help finish off some locomotives.

I would be interested in taking a horse box and meat van from you if I can.

Do you want to send over an invoice for Paypal & I'll organise payment.

Ken

"Tesco Special Horse Meat Van Box"!

Three for 79p stg...... every little helps!

Made out of genuine British Horse!  1.00% natural!

(product of Zyxclistan)

Contains: E342, E309, Cylohitsafgh Substitute, 190g genetically modified American sugar corn syrup, 890g salt, E443, monosodiumate glucosamine-glycol, petrol, desiccated rat proteins, horse extract, rabbit dropping, arsenic (tesco special recipe), horse meat, E1098, clarified granite extract, Trump extract, Brexit juice, Artificially inseminated jihobi seeds, extremist Islamic texts, MGWR modified ballast extract, paraquat, strawberry jam.

• Funny 2

On 12/2/2018 at 4:19 AM, jhb171achill said:

"Tesco Special Horse Meat Van Box"!

Three for 79p stg...... every little helps!

Made out of genuine British Horse!  1.00% natural!

(product of Zyxclistan)

Contains: E342, E309, Cylohitsafgh Substitute, 190g genetically modified American sugar corn syrup, 890g salt, E443, monosodiumate glucosamine-glycol, petrol, desiccated rat proteins, horse extract, rabbit dropping, arsenic (tesco special recipe), horse meat, E1098, clarified granite extract, Trump extract, Brexit juice, Artificially inseminated jihobi seeds, extremist Islamic texts, MGWR modified ballast extract, paraquat, strawberry jam.

Bit too close to home!

Horsemeat seems to have been a standard ingredient in hamburgers supplied by Irish processors to the British market for several years https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_horse_meat_scandal#ABP_Food_Group.

Edited by Mayner
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Mayner,

I would be interested in these (and perhaps some of your loco etches?) but model in 2mm scale.

Would it be possible to get the etches shot down to 2mm scale?

I'm more than happy to source/turn my own casting and parts.

Thanks

Angus

I have no plans to produce any of the existing kits in 2mm or 7mm scale at this stage I my modelling time is fully committed to completing current and planned 4mm projects

Producing the kits in 2mm scale from existing artwork 4mm would be a high risk strategy, there is a risk that they kits may not fit together and some of the parts may be lost/too flimsy when reduced to 2mm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1