RPSI Coaches

Rate this question

Northman

Question

7 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Northman said:

Does anyone know if the RPSI are doing a second set of blue and cream coaches?Cheers.

There was talk last year about a second batch to complete a rake which would include the bar coach (requiring new tooling as there is no equivalent Craven in the current MM catalog). I believe the initial batch sold very well and quite quickly despite the serious 'wobble' problem the coaches had when running (easy to fix btw).

13 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

For modellers in general, I understand that in the medium term the Whitehead set will need to be repainted and a slightly different shade of green is under consideration.....

That's a pain, I've just managed to collect a rake of those non-aircon mk2s in the current RPSI green livery. Any news on GSV 3173s livery? Is it to go from LMS maroon to cream and blue like the Craven set?

Edited by Noel

28 minutes ago, Noel said:

That's a pain, I've just managed to collect a rake of those non-aircon mk2s in the current RPSI green livery. Any news on GSV 3173s livery? Is it to go from LMS maroon to cream and blue like the Craven set?

28 minutes ago, Noel said:

• 3173 will either be all blue or blue and cream. Final decision probably a good way off at present.
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, Horsetan said:

Hopefully they still have a few sets of the original run left; I'm just after sending in an order......! 🙏

There must still be a few sets available. I saw a lucky punter who bought a set at the MRSI Raheny show last october. @WRENNEIRE may be able to help you source a set.

PS: Im about to respray a few tippex MM Cravens into RPSI Blue'n'Cream to join with 3173 and the three coaches I bought on the RPSI train to Kerry October 2017 (diesel double header)

Edited by Noel

2 hours ago, Noel said:

There must still be a few sets available. I saw a lucky punter who bought a set at the MRSI Raheny show last october. @WRENNEIRE may be able to help you source a set...

Hopefully it won't come to that. I did send my order and cheque in by International Signed & Tracked Post, so hopefully it'll reach Dublin by Christmas Eve.

Edited by Horsetan