Air brush set

Rate this topic

joe123

Hi just saw in Lidl there doing a Air brush set for 59.99 euro. It’s a park side 180w. With all the accessories, compresser, airbrush gun, 6 basic paints. Working pressure 3 bar. Though that some one might be interested? Is it any good ? Is it worth 60 euro. Thoughts anyone. 

Hey Joe. Was sceptical at first, but the adjustable nozzle would make for a great starter unit. 

The only downside being that you have to put a fair bit of paint into the pot each time. 

A middle of the road airbrush will set you back about €40, so to get a compressor too is a bargain. Then again its Parkside, about as reliable as a sunroof on a submarine.. 

R. 

I have been using something similar to this and it has proved to do a good job for me. A year or two ago I ditched the lidl/aldi compressor for something like what is available in Marks Models - great improvement.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Double-Action-Trigger-Gravity-Airbrush-Kit-SP180K-Air-Brushes-Spray-Gun-DLUK/273248693278?hash=item3f9ee42c1e:g:IkYAAOSwvg9XVOsg:rk:11:pf:0

Richie @Glenderg gave me good advice some years ago on airbrush equipment which as a novice I followed.  A good tip was that there was no need for the very expensive top end airbrushes such as Iwata (£70-£130) or Harder and Steenbeck(£240), as there were some keenly priced mid range gear that was as good. Back then it was the Veda range of Airbrushes (£16-£35) since replace by BartSharp's own range of airbrushes with similar build quality and performance to the Veda (Iwata look-a-like).  Which ever model you go for chose one where spares are inexpensive and readily available (eg replacement nozzles and needles, O-rings, etc) as you will at some stage need to replace them due to ordinary wear and tear and handling. Don't take short cuts on a choice of compressor, one with an air reservoir gives to more consistent flow and most importantly its quiet. Don't forget air hose and quick release valves, water trap, etc. Richie introduced me to BartSharp in UK (Alison) where I sourced my first airbrush and subsequent spare parts.