BELL Containers

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Thanks for that link Fran, they look great. Anything that Arran has produced in the C-rail stable has always been of excellent quality. Since he has formed the company with Charlie Petty they have produced some beautiful models. I believe Dapol are going to produce a Bell container also.

Rich,

New superdetailed high quality BELL 20ft Containers are soon to be available in 4mm '00', and come complete with pre-fitted locking bars and a white roof. These models have correct numbering positions and fonts and will be available from DC kits & C-Rail Intermodal in the UK

C-Rail Bell 20f.jpg

C-Rail Bell 20Ft.jpg

C-Rail Bell 20f.jpg

C-Rail Bell 20Ft.jpg

Edited by charlie petty

Charlie / Arran - your containers look excellent - well done.

As for the 20 ft flats -

Provincial Wagons plans a version of the 20ft skeleton flat that CIE built for this traffic. It isn't planned to be an absolute scale model, but an insert which will go into an existing Dapol chassis - we will supply them RTR, painted and numbered.

I'll keep you all up to date with progress. However, I have "My Man" working hard on another two GNR wagons first - sorry but I can't see beyond 1958 where my own layout is concerned (mind you, I do have these Murphy diesels and need something for them to pull!).

Charlie - the RPSI has a CIE "Orange" container out the back of the engine shed at Whitehead. They seem to have been everywhere in the '60s, so you know what to do to make a lot more guys happy!

Keep up the good work.

Leslie

Would Bell bulk not have used 30ft bulktainers with roof hatches? Seem to be more popular for bulky loads.

aH! That makes sense! I thought the photo I had was oddly compressed, didn't think such a 30ft oddity existed. You learn something new every day. Cheers Mogul