Lance Armstrong Hero or Villan?

Rate this topic

enniscorthyman

There's only so far you can back yourself into a corner and continue to lie and deny accusations, the truth always comes out in the end. I have to agree that he did come across as being very dark, menacing, and psychopathic in the interview. I never called Betsy fat, I thought Oprah would fall off the chair.

He has cheated and let down an awful lot of people he also has made some look very foolish. I think he craves celebrity and power which are two dangerous things when concocted.

Rich,

An amazing example of decency and sportsmanship Jim. I remember Robbie Fowler getting a penalty against Arsenal at Highbury many years ago. He went to the ref and told him that there was no foul or contact from David Seaman. Infact Fowler had jumped out of the way of the goalkeeper. Still didn't change the officials mind but it was a great gesture.

Rich,

An amazing example of decency and sportsmanship Jim. I remember Robbie Fowler getting a penalty against Arsenal at Highbury many years ago. He went to the ref and told him that there was no foul or contact from David Seaman. Infact Fowler had jumped out of the way of the goalkeeper. Still didn't change the officials mind but it was a great gesture.

Rich,

Did he kick it wide?

He wouldn't take it Jim and he was the penalty taker at Liverpool at the time. In fairness I think that Robbie didn't fancy getting a clatter and jumped out of the way. The penalty was scored by Owen I think.

Rich,

Rich, maybe it's another incident I'm thinking of, but I seem to remember he took the penalty and sent it wide...

Rich, maybe it's another incident I'm thinking of, but I seem to remember he took the penalty and sent it wide...

Pat you are right in what you say and thanks for pointing that out. After reading your post I rang my cousin who supports Liverpool. He said Fowler took the pen but it was a soft one (he didn't want to score) and Seaman saved it. However Seaman spilled the ball, McAteer ran in and scored from the rebound, he then ran off celebrating like they'd won the league. His parting word's to me before he hung up were no wonder they call McAteer Trigger.

Rich,

His parting word's to me before he hung up were no wonder they call McAteer Trigger.

Rich,

:ROFL:

The same man once blamed a dip in the team's form on the fact the players no longer sat down together for a slice of toast in the mornings before training... and when asked in a takeaway if he wanted his pizza cut into eight slices he said "no, cut it into four because I'm not that hungry." :facepalm:

:ROFL:

The same man once blamed a dip in the team's form on the fact the players no longer sat down together for a slice of toast in the mornings before training... and when asked in a takeaway if he wanted his pizza cut into eight slices he said "no, cut it into four because I'm not that hungry." :facepalm:

Pat I think his all time gaff (well upto now anyway) was when he was here for his first Irish cap. Jack left the players into town for a few pints to bond. McAteer asked the barman do you sell Guinness. I haven't had much time for him since his antics towards Roy Keane after he conned the ref in the away game to Sunderland. I remember Di Canio putting the ball out of play in a game when he could have scored as an opponent was injured.

Getting back to the thread I watched the second part of the interview last night. I was glad Oprah brought up the subject of the tweet where he posed with his seven TDF yellow jerseys. What an arrogant thing to do when he knew that he was a cheat. I'd pay to see himself, Paul Kimmage and Emma O'Reilly in a boxing ring, no holds barred.

Rich,

If its any consolation Eamonn, you won just as many Tour de France's as Armstrong did!!!!

Now that is a thought.

Also he never won the hill climb up coolnahorna

hill outside Enniscorthy like me in 1984.And come

to think of it,He was never at the famous cycling

club Discos of 1984 either.Jesus 1984 was a great

year for me-I must have been on something.