LUAS Crash this morning

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Red Line LUAS collided with a skip truck this morning on Benburb Street. Reports that two men have been taken to hospital for treatment, video of the aftermath on the link below.

http://www.joe.ie/news-politics/current-affairs/video-heres-the-aftermath-from-this-mornings-luas-crash-0028215-1

Lets hope everyone is okay. I wondered why about a thousand people descended onto my bus at Blackhorse this morning.

Guest hidden-agenda

Rotten cab mounts may be? and by the looks of it a Renault Premium. I saw an artic version of the premium lose its cab on the M6 some years back after it ran into a flat back trailer.

Tram 4010 working an outbound service on the Red Line ploughed into a Skip Truck which had crossed its path at the Junction of Benburb Street and Temple Street West. The tram sustained severe front end damage and it was reported that six people were taken to Hospital. Pictures of the incident scene are now available to view at: http://smu.gs/OlNOHc

The Wanderer.

Thanks Wiggy,

I never would have guessed that they were those kind of weights. No wonder that truck was pushed onto the pavement and had its cab torn off. Also that recent tangle with a Dublin Bus left the Double Decker with half of its side gone. Motorists and pedestrians would need to have much more respect around those trams and stay well clear.

technical details say that they have a top speed of 70 klm while operating between the red cow and kylemore, so i assume they have speed restrictions in street areas. anyone know what is the speed limit on the stretch of line where the accident occured?

Check out my video from Irish railways vol 12 along Benburb Street (I think) between Smithfield and Museum.

You can just see the speed sign at Smithfield saying 30 km/h.

It doesn't look all that fast so I think the lorry must have jumped the junction.

Wiggy.

They normally travel at a good speed in the opposite direction along this section, i.e. from the Ashling Hotel to the Museum but I don't think they pick up much speed in the direction in which the accident happened as they're approaching the sharp bend over the bridge.