Lacken in the attic

Rate this topic

Ciotog

OK, Ciotog, CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE THE FIRST MISTAKE YOU PUT PHOTO'S OF A TOTALLY FANTASTIC LAYOUT ON HERE, & i JUST LOVE THE FIRST PIC, NOW WHERE ARE THE REST, OH AND DON'T FORGET THE VIDEO, WHICH WILL BE ON HERE SHORTLY, WON'T THEY, PS WHERE DID YOU GET THAT NAME "LACKEN " FROM ???? COS I KNOW IT :-bd

Edited by burnthebox
SPELLING

Thanks for the compliments, lads. I went to school in Carrowmore, Lacken many years ago and thought that it would be fun to construct an imaginary layout based on Carrowmore and Lacken. I had'nt thought of doing a video, but that's a good idea - once I work out how to go about it. In the meantime, I'll post some more photos.

30bmpnc.jpg

The round tower in Killala - took ages to do!

9067vq.jpg

Taxi waiting

eb5s36.jpg

A view of the viaduct with a small stream

aazrb9.jpg

Underneath, having a paddle

• Like 1

For the water effect, I used 'Solid Water' It is a two part resin that needs to be mixed together and using sparingly, as it is about £10 for 90ml. I used Polyfilla for the base and put in some gravel while it was wet to give the effect of a riverbed. I painted it a light colour to get rid of the white and then added the mixed resin when the paint was dry. As the river runs into a small window, it picks up the light very nicely. I put a small 'bridge' - the bridge is actually a small tunnel emtrance with more foliage on top and down the sides - at the back, and glued a mirror behind it to give the impression that it continues on. A bit of foliage and grass along the banks add to the effect.

• 6 months later...