murrayec

New DART 8100 Model

It is well worth a look, if you're going past. The whole place is OK, too - plenty to see (on a nice day).

• Like 1

It's behind a pub called the Old New Inn. A distant relative, who was a cop in Harlem, New York came over to visit us - it was like one of those comedy films when people go to places they just don't understand. I had to shepherd him around the place and I remember, me being about eight years old, trying to keep an eye on a twenty stone New York cop. We were in the pub when someone jokingly asked him if the bulge in his jacket was a gun and he just produced a loaded .38 snub-nosed revolver and handed it to the bloke.

This was before hijackings and airport security - he just put his gun on every day like his watch...

• Like 1
  • WOW! 1

A model of a model? Hmm, a weird one all right. The Schrodinger's Cat paradox of the railway modeller? I'd say it's a first....

• Like 1

It is possible that the model of the model village in the model village may have a model of the model of the model village in it...

In fact, i think it does.

The model of the model, with the model of the model of the model in the distance.

bourton-model-village-2%25255B6%25255D.j

bourton-model-village-1%25255B2%25255D.j

And onwards.....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, murrayec said:

Hi Borithe

I could do this with the DART- put an Gauge N DART in an OO DART:D

Eoin

..then Z and T..

Well with DART models on TV, n all!.....

Here are a few photos of the completed S-bahn- a project on the go for over 3 years! It's done....

5abea70215ef2_OTB-109IMAG3784.jpg.2498ebdb821f533664739c1f3b645bbd.jpg

5abea69d7ea61_OTB-110IMAG3785.jpg.fc95cf276c0b49ac6c0e0dd07afaadf1.jpg

5abea69fa8493_OTB-111IMAG3780.jpg.3003b6cf0b495342c8523cf7fee52732.jpg

5abea6a460ec5_OTB-112IMAG3788.jpg.d21f2e6589ae176fd1a642836d5a4c5e.jpg

5abea6a6bb511_OTB-113IMAG3786.jpg.bec533b99debf55ba42169e15631f3d8.jpg

Just a few little touch ups, into the box and will have it on show in Wexford over the weekend

Eoin

• Like 4

If only!. Burton on the Water is just lovely, Model Shop there too. Lovely Little Stream for messing about in runs through the Village. Fairford and Brize down the road too!

A Trip to Chipping Norton to see the restored Bliss Tweed Mill  and Chimney is also well worth the Journey if your in the Area.  Modern Buildings simply do not compare.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

If only!. Burton on the Water is just lovely, Model Shop there too. Lovely Little Stream for messing about in runs through the Village. Fairford and Brize down the road too!

A Trip to Chipping Norton to see the restored Bliss Tweed Mill  and Chimney is also well worth the Journey if your in the Area.  Modern Buildings simply do not compare.

In my day, Little Rissington was still in action at the top of the hill - Central Flying School and home of the Red Arrows back in the Gnat days - great entertainment five days a week.

Beautiful village, great model village, rivers, chimneys n mill, Red Arrows flying overhead 5 days a week

a modellers paradise.....

Eoin