New DART 8100 Model

Rate this topic

murrayec

Hi All

Here are a few photos of our new option a ‘Windowed DART’

The body is just propped on another trains chassis for the photos, so the chassis is showing a little! its chassis is not complete yet. This train will be at the Dun Laoghaire Model Railway Exhibition on the 24th & 25th this month.

The interior has;-

Printed coloured floor

Seats

Handpoles

Driver Dashboard

Driver

Interior lights and sitting people are optional extras

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8532

[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8533

[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8534

[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8535

[/ATTACH]

murrayec

I have watched this thread with interest & to see the DART develop is a magnificent feat. Well done man :tumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
I have to say I do like the "windowed" DART.....will the printed one be discontinued when it arrives? and would there be much of a difference in cost?

Hi irishrail201

Thanks for the comment

The 'Windowless' DART will still be available as an option, and yes there will be a price difference for the Windowed option, there is an extra 5 days work to do the two coaches with glazing structure, body window cut-out, driver cab, passenger seating, internal printed parts and hand-poles.

Price is not set yet

murrayec

Hi All

I had a great response to the new model DART at the DLR/MRSI show over the weekend.

It was great to meet some of you and to discuss the model, which is great feedback to help me make the big decision!

The best responses was from those kids that were dragged away from the table screaming they wanted a DART, parents apologising. If only those kids were issued with wallets!

Again thanks all

murrayec

• 2 weeks later...
Have watched this yoke grow since it was a baby and enjoyed every reincarnation of it, Just gets better and better

And as Fran says a mixture of hard work and listening to feedback has helped Eoin bring it to wher eit is today

Couple of souls here should listen and try to emulate him

Fekkit Dave, you made me laugh out loud in my office! Props on the comment though.

Just finished going through this whole thread from start to finish and it was great to see how the model evolved through constructive and otherwise criticism. How gracefully all opinions (the good, the bad and the ugly) were taken onboard :D to truly enhance and better the design. Such a a great looking piece of Irish workmanship and entrepreneurism (a word ??)

Well done and here's hoping you get plenty more orders from both home and abroad.

I was one of the people that was sceptical about the original models that were originally posted on the group. However the photos of the latest models are a measure of how far you have pushed yourself to get the models to the current ones you have now. I am a huge respecter of hard work, and I will echo the feelings of the other posters to say that it looks fantastic now.

To have listened to the opinions of your future customers was the correct thing to do, and you did it with real humility. The best praise I could give you know Eoin is, if and when funds allowed I would go for a four car set. The majority of the cost of the models is taken up by the labor and that shouldn't go unmentioned. I'm really pleased for you, well done and good luck.

Rich,

Hi

Thanks everyone for the great comments, my computer was down for the last 2 days and it was great boost to read.

The DART had its first public run this morning at the Bray show , it was sporting a new addition- a pantograph arc light!

Dave took some video, hopefully he will post it up later?

murrayec

A quick video taken yesterdayhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKr6pLHNBB4

I have to say, it looks absolutely stunning in the video!! The interior detail is superb. I have to echo the previous comments - its a fantastic story, and wonderful to follow the journey from the start of this thread, seeing the initial versions through to this latest one which would not look out of place alongside any other 00 gauge model.

I think the way in which the criticism has been handled should be commended also.

• 2 weeks later...