New DART 8100 Model

Rate this topic

murrayec

Fantastic Eoin, and if I might say, generally quite reasonable when you look at the end result!!

Sounds eh - now I'm intrigued!! Do you have a sound chip in the works?!

Hi BosKonay

Yes sound is in the works, but not worked on at the moment. I have designed around a Digitrax sound chip and all the current model being built have a modified under-frame boxing to take a 28mm dia speaker.

I have set-up some sounds- horn, compressor, wheel sequel and electric motor speed up and down. Running sound I leaving to the model its self - it sounds great on its own!

Will get back to it soon

murrayec

eoin is the price for any livery?

Hi heirflick

Yes, the liveries are all the same price.

you can have

1. CIE livery when first introduced in the 80's

2. DART logo livery

3. Guinness Add livery

4. DART 25 livery

5. Mock Dart - as model displayed in the RDS in the 80's

6. The S bahn livery

Special body prints can be done also for additional cost of setting up the artwork.

murrayec

Edited by murrayec
'bahn' spelling

Hi

Thanks for all the great comments, I'm chuffed myself as to how they are turning out.

Boskonay

I'm sorry I do not have more images of the current build, 2 of the sets are now gone into service. I'm so much behind on completing them, the minute they are ready they are out to the owners. I wanted to do a video of the whole batch complete, which would have been great to see- an 8 coach windowed DART train! it would have been a first. But, sadly its not to be this time. I am finishing each order separately- I find its far easier on my head, and I devote end time on each order to get it right, running well and no mistakes.

I will post images of the next 2 sets when the bodies are on- should be next week!

I have discussed with the owners that we have to get them all back together at a show or the like, to get photos and video- all agree.

In the next build I should have more time

murrayec

Hi BosKonay

Her is the new jacket for Amiens!

Test prints back from the printer yesterday, it looks pretty good. The chaps machine is running really well at the moment.

I was not to sure of the new IR logo, but it looks great on the green background. Pity about the front logo, they should have kept the colour in it.

OTB-43 IMAG1129 .jpg

Sadly destined to be cut out at a later date!

murrayec

Hi BosKonay

Thanks for the vid link

Hi garfieldsghost

Thanks for the offer to record, much appreciated, at the moment we are working digitally with samples and hope to adjust the sample we have to suit the DART horn. I will keep you posted on our progress and may call on the offer in the future.

I went out to record the horn about 3 times so far, each time I took a lot of video but not one Hoot!!

Sounds we have;

Horn - soon!

Motor accelerating

Motor de-accelerating

Motor even running

Wheel squeal

Compressor/generator

Thanks again guys

murrayec

I've said this before, but I have found it fascinating to follow the story of how these developed, and you shared the earliest and most experimental stages with the rest of us from the start. That, in itself, is unique.

I hope the ongoing production line goes very well - certainly, from reading these posts it seems you have your hands full with current orders. That's obviously a very good sign. Congratulations.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Here's one for yeah!!

I was commissioned last week to make DART hats for the Darts tonight in the Point Depo.....

Mini D-00 IMAG1177.jpg

Mini D-02 IMAG1178.jpg

Mini D-03 IMAG1181.jpg

They are truncated DARTs, they are quite cute at this size. The full model would have had a serious overhang and probably take someone's eye out!

murrayec