Bray Train & Model Fair

Rate this topic

BosKonay

• 4 weeks later...
The MRSI 3 day show is on during the Oct bank holiday, 29/31

We do not try to clash with any of the bigger events so I reckon Sun 23rd would be the date

Dave, do you know if there will be catering for the public at the MRSI show this year?

We are looking at a Tea & Biscuit or Cake affair Noel

Getting people to staff it is the problem

Hot food would be out of the question

Raheny village, 5 mins away, has plenty of cafe's & Pub Grub

Thanks Dave.

Have they considered letting one of the mobile catering van operators park in the car park near the entrance? No staffing needed, nor cost to MRSI as the vendor makes their profit from sales. Then if there was one class room left free inside with a few seats, tables, and rubbish bins folks could eat in there. It might keep folk on site for longer. Just an idea. Noel

http://www.circuitcatering.ie/circuitcatering/Main/catering-units-new.htm

http://www.thechipvan.ie

Thanks Dave.

Have they considered letting one of the mobile catering van operators park in the car park near the entrance? No staffing needed, nor cost to MRSI as the vendor makes their profit from sales. Then if there was one class room left free inside with a few seats, tables, and rubbish bins folks could eat in there. It might keep folk on site for longer. Just an idea. Noel

Perhaps join the MRSI and become their catering manager. Im sure they would love to have someone so dedicated to a worthless cause!!

Now back to topic

To be fair, the last Raheny show had one of those converted Renault Coffee Van type things out front, so I'd stop stressing about that, or else rinse out the flask. I've heard good things about the Bray Wheelers, especially if you're looking for something "unique", and worthy of support.

And Ed, that's a job bridge gig if I ever heard it. Firing up the Burko Boiler to make tay for the troops is hardly "Catering Manager" status.... :P

The MRSI 3 day show is on during the Oct bank holiday, 29/31

We do not try to clash with any of the bigger events so I reckon Sun 23rd would be the date

That's what I was thinking and was hoping it might fall that weekend. I might fly in a few days early and make that weekend if it's on. Would like to meet up with some of the members if possible

Regardless of whether Noel is the always hungry sort or not, suggestions that might improve the overall experience at the MRSI are certainly not unhelpful. This encourages modelers and families to attend again in subsequent years, which helps safeguard the clubs finances when hosting these events (although I'm sure isn't the MRSI's first rodeo).

Perhaps join the MRSI and become their catering manager. Im sure they would love to have someone so dedicated to a worthless cause!!

On the other hand, this may not be so helpful

To be fair, the last Raheny show had one of those converted Renault Coffee Van type things out front, so I'd stop stressing about that, or else rinse out the flask. I've heard good things about the Bray Wheelers, especially if you're looking for something "unique", and worthy of support.

And Ed, that's a job bridge gig if I ever heard it. Firing up the Burko Boiler to make tay for the troops is hardly "Catering Manager" status.... :P

In fairness the Wexford exhibition which is a much smaller event managed to have tea/coffee and excellent home made sandwiches on site. Folks at these events need somewhere to sit down and take a break, have a snack and chat to pals. This facilitates folks staying on site for longer visits, exposure to exhibits and trade stands. Nuff said before I get flamed, but it is easy to outsource to an independent mobile van operator who will make their own profit over the three days without any cost to the show organisers nor any need for staffing. Running for cover now.

It all has to do with space Noel, all the available space has to be divided up among the various layouts and stallholders,

indeed there is a small waiting list for people that we could not accommodate

We pay a lot for the hall and need to make it wash its face before we can think about tea & coffee etc

The Wexford show has an on site tea room with ample volunteers to run it, and I agree its great to sit down with a mug of tea and talk crap for

a half hour or so before another few laps of the show

This will be our first year running a "cafe" so we will be taking it slow and steady

The layout of St Pauls has changed since we were there last so we need to see how this new layout works first, before we can decide on whether or not to continue with catering

That was the problem in that dump

no cups in the hotel bar { paper ones } i think it was a set up

as the tight git from the northside had offered to buy me a coffee :D

tried the restaurant no luck

went to the bar only to be told sorry we have run out of cups

T B H not great for a Hotel

but hey if it was on the Northside , probably would have got a china cup and some choclate cake for 2 euro ;)

Petrol station across the road caters for non china accustomed gricers like you Charlie!

By the way people this is the Bray Wheelers blog, leave us alone!

Will IRM being showing the ballast sample at Bray? (or perhaps this has already happened)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...