Bray Train & Model Fair

Rate this topic

BosKonay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We're here at the Bray fair with samples of our ballast and bubble. We have also received an awesome new display cabinet with incredible detail from Model Railway Baseboards. It's a stunning job, thanks baseboard Dave!

Drop by and say hi and place your orders. We can now take card payments at shows too.

IMG_0885.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All

We had great attendants at the Christmas Fair on Dec 11th, thanks to all who dropped in and made it a very enjoyable morning and Merry Christmas to all.....

Two in-progress projects were brought in to show off on the day, a beautiful freelance Gauge O 0-4-2 tank Loco, and a fantastic Gauge 1 2-6-2 Tank Loco Chassis- a live steam model incredibly machined and in another league....

BS-118 IMAG2533.jpg

BS-119 IMAG2536.jpg

BS-120 IMAG2537.jpg

BS-121 IMAG2539.jpg

BS-122 IMAG2540.jpg

BS-123 IMAG2542.jpg

BS-124 IMAG2541.jpg

Bray Fair Banner-01 Jan 22 2017.jpg

See you in the new year

Eoin

• 4 weeks later...

Wrenneire, I will pop along on Sunday and hopefully pick up some n gauge stuff. I'd love to see your track.

Dave, I already have an oval of code 80. I'm not too concerned about it looking overscale. This is my first proper layout and a test project. I'd love to look at your track though. I could use code 55 for the outside loop of my layout.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Howdy,

Can someone tell me who the gentleman is who was selling n gauge locos in Bray today? I bought a Dapol class 66 from him. I was testing it out today on my track and the end of one of the bogies wouldn't go over frogs. It looks like the last axle on one of the bogies may have been shortened. Unless this is something Dapol do themselves.

Axle on attached picture is shorter than the others.

Thank you.

IMAG0690.jpg

Hi Peter

That just needs to be gauged properly, 7.4mm is the approx dim that works. Otherwise Sean Ryan will fix or replace at the next Bray Fair on Apr 09, or you can contact him if you want to do it before then- I'll pm you with his contact number...

Eoin

Hi All

We had a great Fair yesterday, I hope all had a good mothers day!!

One of the regulars brought in two Gauge O projects been worked on;-

Wantage Tram

KS-Wantage Tram-01 IMAG2812.jpg

KS-Wantage Tram-02 IMAG2808.jpg

Weast Clare Drewery

KS-West Clare Drewery-01 IMAG2811.jpg

KS-West Clare Drewery-02 IMAG2810.jpg

KS-West Clare Wantage-03 IMAG2809.jpg

Both are Worsley Works sides etches and scratch built chassis- lovely little machines

Eoin

Bray Fair Banner-02 Apr 09 2017.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I can wait until the next fair. I haven't the knowledge of how to take these apart and fix the gauge.

I'll take another picture later, but it looks like something was added to the top axle which is why it might be shorter.