Festival of Model Irish Railways

Rate this topic

Old Blarney

Surprised no-one mentioned that loco depot layout... thought it was excellent! Old Blarney was probably my favourite though...

Sorry I missed you yesterday. In regard to layouts, it's a matter of personal choice, what was the name of the Loco Depot Layout you admired?

Sorry I missed you yesterday. In regard to layouts, it's a matter of personal choice, what was the name of the Loco Depot Layout you admired?

Yeah it's a pity :( I don't even think it had a name, but it was beside the shunting puzzle layout. Mostly English locos but 112 was going back and forth as well.

Edited by 201bhoy

Guest hidden-agenda
anto, what ha[ppened to the cab side of B113?

Seamus its a mixture of the way the light is reflecting off the cab and a little bit of buckling due to rust and a ton of isopon.

The fact it sat in the open for far too long allowing the weather to take its toll was no help , i had a close look at her yesterday there is a lot of rust and buckling at both ends i am really surprised she made it up here in one piece but for the fact the chassis is a very solid structure.A great day at Cultra and a pleasure to meet David (DK Modeller) and get a look at the lay-outs which were brilliant. Pics 3 to 6 cant do justice to the model of Inchicore shed complete with locos.The model is in a case surrounded by a very thick perspex and the light was,nt working which may or may not have helped as Anthony says about the general lighting its beyond pathetic its criminal. I had a long chat with an employee of the museum and he said he will talk to the curator as he had numerous comments and all negative about the lack of lighting . Any ways those who made it enjoyed it and those who did,nt should try the next time.

• 1 month later...