The Model Railway Society of Ireland - bi-annual exhibition 27-29 October 2012.

Rate this topic

steventrain

Had a great, if hectic, visit today with my two little lads.

Was disappointed to miss Saturday, but made up for it today. The lads loved the Lego, and really enjoyed the chat from the operators. The layouts, trade and general buzz was great! Manfully resisted the gorgeous looking selection of irish bits on Chris/Daves stand!

just back from the show and it was great to meet a few of the lads - hiddenagenda, anto, wrenneire, ttc, warbonnet, westy, paul r , niall (the bug lug!....great to hear all is well in your house niall.) and glenderg. enniscorthyman was seen in running after his daughter on several occasions - (its easy known who is the boss in that house!) paddy murphys 071's were the star of the show..breathtaking models -well done sir! special mention to richie...his models were increadable, and a big thanks for the sperry container. finally got my class 80 from anto and she was well worth the wait. got 4 breakvans from gareth which were a work of art. and finally to westy....i held the sulzer in my hands...excellent work desand i cant wait to get my 3. heres a pic to tease you all...[ATTACH=CONFIG]3245[/ATTACH]

I'll second that about Richie! Unfortunately I didn't get to the show today, but on way from Galway to Belfast I collected my containers off him. Just opened them there now... STUNNING! No 071s for me yet unfortunately :( also, Anto, was that you I saw walking off the enterprise that came into Connolly about half 3?

Had a great time at the show yesterday... got to see some fabulous modelling (the 7mm scale NCC layout was the cream of the crop), got to say hello to Weshty and see the excellent work he's done on the Sulzer, and met Glenderg and saw the drawings for a little project he's working on for me. :)

It was great to see such a good turnout to support the show.

Meant to say... it was good to meet ttc0169 again, and got to say a quick hello to Wrenn, who was busy selling models to the assembled masses.

@ Garfield we should all call you the invisible man as any of the guys I spoke to never seen you =))

I could say the same about you! :P

I'm back from the show. I managed to pick up 112 and also a Dutch van to complete a Cravens set. Plenty of great modelling on show. I particularly enjoyed the NCC/GNRI O Gauge layout and the scratch built buses. Missed SSM though. Great weekend.

Guest hidden-agenda
just back from the show and it was great to meet a few of the lads - hiddenagenda, anto, wrenneire, ttc, warbonnet, westy, paul r , niall (the bug lug!....great to hear all is well in your house niall.) and glenderg. enniscorthyman was seen in running after his daughter on several occasions - (its easy known who is the boss in that house!) paddy murphys 071's were the star of the show..breathtaking models -well done sir! special mention to richie...his models were increadable, and a big thanks for the sperry container. finally got my class 80 from anto and she was well worth the wait. got 4 breakvans from gareth which were a work of art. and finally to westy....i held the sulzer in my hands...excellent work desand i cant wait to get my 3. heres a pic to tease you all...[ATTACH=CONFIG]3245[/ATTACH]

Excellent show and great to talk to the guys who made it on the saturday ( i am glad your happy with the brake-vans Seamus) plenty to see and buy.I did try to talk to Des but he was busy and i am looking forward to getting the Sulzer it looks good. i look forward to seeing those who make it to Cultra its always a great show in a brilliant venue.

Excellent show and great to talk to the guys who made it on the saturday ( i am glad your happy with the brake-vans Seamus) plenty to see and buy.I did try to talk to Des but he was busy and i am looking forward to getting the Sulzer it looks good. i look forward to seeing those who make it to Cultra its always a great show in a brilliant venue.

Likewise lads-it was great to meet up,looking forward to meeting up again soon I hope.

GOT TO THE SHOW ON SAT. HAD A FEW WORDS WITH WRENNEIRE, AS HE WAS DOING WHAT HE DO'S BEST, AND MET DAVE, HIM OF THE HELIX, BASEBOARDS,ETC. BUT THAT'S ALL WOULD HAVE LIKED TO HAVE MET A FEW MORE, AS IT SEEM'S THERE WERE A GOOD NUMBER OF YOU AT THE SHOW, I ENJOYED THE SHOW ANYWAY, MAYBE NEXT TIME WE'LL ALL WEAR OUR NAME TAGS, OR SOMETHING :-bd