5th volume of Railways of Ireland now available

Rate this topic

decauville1126

The fifth, and final, part of Martin Bairtstow's work on The Railways of Ireland, covering the CB&SCR and Cork areas (amongst others) has now been published and can be purchased direct through ebay (certainly here in the UK) - enter item number 271087906238 in the search box. I've ordered a copy today and had confirmation it's been despatched already.

• Like 1

The fifth, and final, part of Martin Bairtstow's work on The Railways of Ireland, covering the CB&SCR and Cork areas (amongst others) has now been published and can be purchased direct through ebay (certainly here in the UK) - enter item number 271087906238 in the search box. I've ordered a copy today and had confirmation it's been despatched already.

You will be able to buy this new book (and lots of other Irish railway books) from the 171 Appeal stand at Warley. That way a fiver of your money goes to this excellent cause!!

Visit us on stand F16.

Leslie

(for The Syndicate - aka 171 Appeal)

PS we've sent about £5,000 to the Appeal already.

No 171 Appeal stand at Raheny?

Tony

I DID think of being there with my Provincial Wagons hat on, but the cost of doing the event from the UK would not be worth it - even though it's always nice to put faces to names of customers!

As for the price issue, we'll be selling it at cover price at Warley - in sterling. At least you know where the profit is going - we usually send our entire income (NOT just the profit) to the appeal - no expenses, not even the cost of the material we sell - most of which we paid for some while ago.

I hope you guys have a great weekend at Raheny. Wish I was there ........

Leslie