Page 88 of 92 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast

Thread: LIMA Murphy Models

Quote Originally Posted by WRENNEIRE View Post
    Going by his usual expensive pricing I reckon it will be in the 100 range (stg)
    I'd guess they may be similar prices to John's Irish GSVs which are GBP 79 (€95).

Another thing which I spoke about with a couple of the lads from here is that he has not captured the Irishness in the width of these models. Should be 10'3" wide but they look very British width wise.
    Have you seen them close up Dave? Difficult to tell the width from the camera angle in those photos. The deep tumblehome of the prototype HLV was a very distinct characteristic.

The paint job looks nice and crisp, but I hope the large hand rail is fitted, and not painted on the production models as per the photo above. Also the glazing needs to be pushed tight against the windows and not have the air gaps seen in the photos.

This is the donor wagon. No idea what the dimensions are.

Name:  18034734_10155037368136113_1349911805_n.png
Views: 297
Size:  330.3 KB

The heating/luggage vans were 30' long, so thats 120mm long in 00.

Name:  3153_Boiler_Van.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  77.6 KB
    Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Difficult to tell the width from the camera angle in those photos. The deep tumblehome of the prototype HLV was a very distinct characteristic.
    Now hopefully we don't get the usual plethora of unhelpful comments regarding IFM models but I think Wrenns comments are fair and I'm inclined to agree (with you both, I think) that the 6-wheel HLV doesn't capture that distinctive styling of the prototype. This is one of my favorite vans from that period and this model fails to capture my heart. The TPO isn't bad and since there are no rtr alternatives to choose from,... well, enough said. Still happy to see more prototypical builds from the talented scratch builders on here. Put em up, lads
    Last edited by DiveController; 20-04-2017 at 10:00 PM.
    "Where Seventeen Railroads Meet the Sea"

I will be bringing both of these vans to Bangor for inspection
    Feel free to drop by and give me your thoughts
    They are pre production models so hopefully John will take your ideas on board, similar to our own ( See what I did there, Eoin.......)

Dave,

You might politely suggest to Silverfox that there are two shades of orange, RAL 2011 and tan as perfected by Phoenix Precision Paint, rather than the in between shade that they seem to use for both liveries. I'm trying to be as sensitive as possible here.

R.

I hear you man but he is obviously being given info from a third party who he believes to be correct in all his musings
    However I will pass on your comments
    Reckon he wont be headhunted for IRM?

I've forwarded on his CV of work to our HR department, and as of this moment we will keep it on file, in a filing cabinet.

Kindest regards,

R.

I showed these 2 models to some of the leading lights in our hobby today and to a man they found fault with them.
    I went for a cup of tea and when I got back they had both been sold to the same guy at 99 a pop
    Jesus wept !!!!

I showed these 2 models to some of the leading lights in our hobby today and to a man they found fault with them. I went for a cup of tea and when I got back they had both been sold to the same guy at 99 a pop.
    Bizarre anybody would pay 99ea when they will be retailing for 79 as per SF's other coach pricing!!!

Dave, as these were pre-production samples do you know if John is likely to make correctional changes before going into production?

The photo of the 6 wheel HLV seemed to pass the 'duck test' other than the shade of tan, the loose glazing, painted on grab rail instead of wire, and the hideous 1970s tension lock coupling. Needs a NEM pocket.

Photobucket acting up
    Anyone got a handy site to upload pics from?
    Last edited by WRENNEIRE; 30-04-2017 at 02:17 PM.