Containers

Rate this topic

Fowler4f

48 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Incredible detail on the rivets...

Speaking of, how many rivets are there?

😂

Don't  know yet Dave but I'm going to put the kettle on and get counting, what a hobby and relaxing way to spend the evening 

• Funny 2

Spotted this one facebook, the vessel is loading at Hammond lanes berth on the south side and the container stacks behind are in MTL.. Would be some job masking a painting a 40ft box into rainbow livery methinks! Maybe @Arran's next release?

Maersk Rainbow container.jpg

Edited by MOGUL
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, MOGUL said:

Spotted this one facebook, the vessel is loading at Hammond lanes berth on the south side and the container stacks behind are in MTL.. Would be some job masking a painting a 40ft box into rainbow livery methinks! Maybe @Arran's next release?

Complicated - I might be able to manage this one.

Container.thumb.jpg.7d5daf4f33ed303edc7c3330c5bfae4c.jpg

• Funny 3

On 8/5/2023 at 3:46 PM, MOGUL said:

On 8/5/2023 at 7:14 PM, murphaph said:

PT Trains did them in H0 IIRC. 

And now Dapol and Rails of Sheffield are doing them in OO Gauge!

https://railsofsheffield.com/blogs/news/maersk-rainbow-containers

Screenshot_20230514-131242.png

MaerskRainbowcontainer.jpg.4c70169ce84fbc152113d36b760c529d~2.jpg

• Like 2

In all fairness to Dapol, I emailed them on Sunday to ask if the print on the Rainbow Maersks is going to be as bad as it look on the Rails artwork, or as bad as their more recent boxes, or as good as their older boxes, and they replied today saying that the guy who looks after it is away until Thursday.

That's good customer service so far, specially when dealing with a nasty complainant like me.

• Like 1

On 16/5/2023 at 3:28 PM, DJ Dangerous said:

In all fairness to Dapol, I emailed them on Sunday to ask if the print on the Rainbow Maersks is going to be as bad as it look on the Rails artwork, or as bad as their more recent boxes, or as good as their older boxes, and they replied today saying that the guy who looks after it is away until Thursday.

That's good customer service so far, specially when dealing with a nasty complainant like me.

Dapol emailed me and said that there is no way they'll be going back to the old print quality. It is too time consuming and not cost effective. Much as it's sad to hear, you have to respect their honesty and openness.

You hear that, @Arran??? We need you to duplicate Dapol's range with non-fuzzy print right now!

The 45' CobelFrets and 40' Rainbow Maersks will do for starters, please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Dapol emailed me and said that there is no way they'll be going back to the old print quality. It is too time consuming and not cost effective. Much as it's sad to hear, you have to respect their honesty and openness.

You hear that, @Arran??? We need you to duplicate Dapol's range with non-fuzzy print right now!

=C=Rail= To the rescue !!!!!

Even the print placemats a bit of a joke on some of what they have done of late 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 19/5/2023 at 2:42 PM, DJ Dangerous said:

Can't believe Dapol would stick with a poor quality print.

I would think twice about buying their containers but I have most of the ones I need, about 150 and

there are more on the way from Arran.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, popeye said:

Can't believe Dapol would stick with a poor quality print.

I would think twice about buying their containers but I have most of the ones I need, about 150 and

there are more on the way from Arran.

Disappointing alright, but as you say, @Arran has more stuff on the way. In fairness to Dapol, they were prompt, professional, open and honest. Can't fault them there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Arran said:

HI All

The Websites been up dated with the new OO models .

Regards Arran

May be an image of text

Here are the links to the three new ones, for anybody buying.

Hapag Lloyd 20ft:

https://shop.c-rail-intermodal.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=72_73&product_id=290

Hyundai 20ft:

https://shop.c-rail-intermodal.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=72_73&product_id=289

Cosco 40ft:

https://shop.c-rail-intermodal.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=72_73&product_id=288

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...