IRM Announcements.

Rate this topic

Fowler4f

5 hours ago, Colin R said:

At this rate I will need to sell the house and move in to a tent.

Seriously for a moment having now decided to build a layout based on Downpatrick would that had have trains of say 3 or 4 bogie coach lengths, there was a photo of a 14 coach six wheeler train set  on an old website but in the main platform but I think that was in the 1920/30's.

So let us believe that a station like Downpatrick survived to the 1960's so the layout would be based on a secondary country terminus that still had direct trains to both Belfast and Dublin, it wouldn't be mainline but at the same time it is still important enough to have those types of services.       

Inevitably, today, it would have a diet of nothing whatever but 3-car CAFs, however, in the 1960s you've amazing possibilities. Through excursions from Dublin, as you mention, would bring the same sort of stuiff from CIE that appeared from time to time on specials on the Derry Road in its very last few years. Normal services would probably be MED sets, but don't discount ex-GNR BUT / AEC sets too; the latter either in CIE or UTA livery, plus steam in the form of Jeeps hauling a mix of ex-NCC or BCDR stock in UTA green, or ex-GNR stock in UTA green, CIE light green, black'n'tan, old GNR brown or old GNR navy & cream!

Wagons - mix of CIE (an eclectic mix itself), and both ex-GNR and the very individualistic ex-BCDR stock owned by the UTA.

Wow!!!!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Mayner said:

Though I would be sorely tempted by a Hunslet & five Enterprise set in the original maroon, a GNR Vs and possibly a Park Royal or two and a BR Van, I can't see myself buying too many new rtr Irish models, I enjoy designing and building models and simply don't get the same level of enjoyment from collecting rtr models no matter how detailed.  Most of my kit kit built models built over the last 40 years live in display cases in the house and work-shop, the vast majority of my rtr MM and IRM models are stored out of sight in their boxes. 

I probably have enough un-built kit and layout building projects to keep my busy for the rest of my life without buying another rtr model.

Very true mayner. I’ve had my frustrations but I have had my fun too! And the finished product looks 100 times better in my eyes then it ever will in anyone else’s 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

Inevitably, today, it would have a diet of nothing whatever but 3-car CAFs, however, in the 1960s you've amazing possibilities. Through excursions from Dublin, as you mention, would bring the same sort of stuiff from CIE that appeared from time to time on specials on the Derry Road in its very last few years. Normal services would probably be MED sets, but don't discount ex-GNR BUT / AEC sets too; the latter either in CIE or UTA livery, plus steam in the form of Jeeps hauling a mix of ex-NCC or BCDR stock in UTA green, or ex-GNR stock in UTA green, CIE light green, black'n'tan, old GNR brown or old GNR navy & cream!

Wagons - mix of CIE (an eclectic mix itself), and both ex-GNR and the very individualistic ex-BCDR stock owned by the UTA.

Wow!!!!

Wow I hope the Boys at IRM are having a look at some of that as well. Thanks once again for the information JHB. As a foot note I have just ordered all four green Park Royals from this first batch, just not sure how many more green and or silver versions I will need.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colin R said:

Wow I hope the Boys at IRM are having a look at some of that as well. Thanks once again for the information JHB. As a foot note I have just ordered all four green Park Royals from this first batch, just not sure how many more green and or silver versions I will need.   

I suppose it depends whether a layout is an urban or rural prototype….

In the former, you could never have too many; in the latter, one plus an old wooden bogie and a couple of six-wheelers would do the job!

I seem to recall jhbSenior remarking on a race day train on the Harcourt St line (I think) - the train had a couple of brand new laminates & PRs, trailed by about six or eight ancient MGWR 6-wheelers….

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 28/3/2023 at 10:19 PM, BosKonay said:

To abate wobble of 'when is the next announcement' both AS and IRM news pages now have a simple countdown timer, showing the time of the next one :)

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/blogs/announcements

https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/news

Both websites have also been upgraded, and are now 100% identical in terms of specification and functionality. 

Will the IRM countdown timer be rearing it's head again any time soon?

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Seeing a spike in forum participation from the IRM lads this week...

Is that a hint that the countdown to the countdown timer is already ticking in the background?

Probably just means they're bored, with no work to do and have completed all the games on their phones.

• Funny 3

4 minutes ago, Broithe said:

Probably just means they're bored, with no work to do and have completed all the games on their phones.

Or that they can't decide which 20' to open first, of the few that have been sitting in the yard the past twelve months; the O Gauge A Class, the Project 47, the B&I Ferry, the GSR 800, or the two-tone green Dublin Bus one.

• Funny 4

48 minutes ago, Broithe said:

Now that I think about it, they should get themselves PS5's and GTA Online...

@Sean and @Branchline121 are GTA veterans so will back me up here.

There are a couple of updates per year, new rewards and new challenges (just like IRM) so you never actually "finish" the game, you just grow old and die trying (just like collecting IRM stuff)...

• Like 2

No way man, Rockstar need to shut up and make gta SIX

ive played through the story about 5 times on the playstation THREE and then once or twice more on the xbox one....

Vice City is the best of the best and six goes back there, so that will be sick

ive played them all extensively, im pretty sure this is one of my earliest gaming memories from my childhood.

its no wonder im such a degenerate? 🤣

Edited by Sean
  • Funny 1

9 minutes ago, Sean said:

ive played through the story about 5 times on the playstation THREE and then once or twice more on the xbox one....

ive played them all extensively, im pretty sure this is one of my earliest gaming memories from my childhood.

Ah, forget Story Mode, it's all about Online Mode!

Remember trying to run down the whole row of guys in tracksuits!

Used to take the CD out of the PC as soon as the game had loaded and pop in "World of House" instead.

Edited by DJ Dangerous

4 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Now that I think about it, they should get themselves PS5's and GTA Online...

@Sean and @Branchline121 are GTA veterans so will back me up here.

There are a couple of updates per year, new rewards and new challenges (just like IRM) so you never actually "finish" the game, you just grow old and die trying (just like collecting IRM stuff)...

4 hours ago, Sean said:

Every time a truck is on the way to the warehouse with new products...

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2022 at 7:18 AM, BosKonay said:

I agree all should be encouraged but it’s also not sensible to assume that a RTR manufacturer won’t get to a prototype that runs with the RPSI in time. I can promise several things next year, including steam, but the j15 will not be coming from IRM in the next 24 months. 
Hope that clarifies what I mean by ‘never say never’. 

Sooooooooo, any hints on the steam announcement, other than it not being a J15?

Screenshot_20230802-142529~2.png

• 2 weeks later...