IRM Announcements.

Rate this topic

Fowler4f

17 minutes ago, leslie10646 said:

Can yous'nes not READ. He said in the next month, meaning 29th February .......

My inside information tells me that it will be announced at precisely 11:50 on 31st February 2023.

1 hour ago, Broithe said:

There's no need at all for that sort of over-reaction.

Set the alarm for midnight and go to sleep now.

So, a sleeping car of some sort?

• Funny 4

11 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

My inside information tells me that it will be announced at precisely 11:50 on 31st February 2023.

So, a sleeping car of some sort?

a)  Push off, Beaumont, that was MY joke.

b)  A six wheel sleeping car would be brilliant for use in Fairs Specials made up of a certain kitmaker's fine cattle wagons ........

• Funny 5

2 hours ago, leslie10646 said:

a)  Push off, Beaumont, that was MY joke.

b)  A six wheel sleeping car would be brilliant for use in Fairs Specials made up of a certain kitmaker's fine cattle wagons ........

A model of coach 236A would be perfect as it’s the only bit of railway preservation I can reasonably cycle too out here in the sticks!  

well….if your looking for a railway related announcement. Tailte tours have announced there next railtour tonight 

68FBB72A-AF4C-49A4-BAC8-654F17E958D0.jpeg.c493e70383781e0ade382c1d36e5cabe.jpeg

• Like 1

I am hoping IRM announces a 250 piece starter set....

5 x A Class, 5 x C Class, 50 Mk2s, 40 Railcars, 150 wagons various and an oval piece of track

The IRM Starter "add on pack" will be another 150 wagons ( all numbered differently of course)

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

10 minutes ago, K801 said:

I am hoping IRM announces a 250 piece starter set....

5 x A Class, 5 x C Class, 50 Mk2s, 40 Railcars, 150 wagons various and an oval piece of track

The IRM Starter "add on pack" will be another 150 wagons ( all numbered differently of course)

For finance options, IRM offers a second mortgage on your house..

• Funny 4

Sulzer B113, C class, CIE Park Royals and Laminates, Single+Double Beet wagons, Mk4 coach set inc DVT, and end to the war in Ukraine, world peace, and the return of the Riordans! :) Oh and throw in some CIE exGSWR H-Vans :) :)   Oh I forgot AEC sets!!!

Edited by Noel
spelling mishtak
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, Andy Cundick said:

I'm just finishing my D.N.G.R saddletank so the way things go these days its a dead cert for early release Andy

You could be right, Andy. I've already got the coaches from Hattons!

1 hour ago, Patrick Davey said:

This would be nice:

1.jpg

Yes, please.

I've got two  S Class already with another on the way.

A "Q" would be great. But it won't be that, only one (?) livery, but The Boys could do every member of the Class ........

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

But only houses over €2.1m in price.

What next IRM offering Reverse Mortgages for customers with mortgage free homes to by the latest models, when you pop your clogs IRM/finance company gets the house and model collection.

Retirement industry, private housing, the motor industry and model trains has always been tied up with finance. 

Interestingly visited a model shop which had a large stock of second hand models, books and magazines (mainly model trains & diecast, nothing Irish!) owner said most of his second hand stock was from deceased estates.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, Mayner said:

What next IRM offering Reverse Mortgages for customers with mortgage free homes to by the latest models, when you pop your clogs IRM/finance company gets the house and model collection.

Retirement industry, private housing, the motor industry and model trains has always been tied up with finance. 

Interestingly visited a model shop which had a large stock of second hand models, books and magazines (mainly model trains & diecast, nothing Irish!) owner said most of his second hand stock was from deceased estates.

Sadly a local Charity manager who knows I am in to all things railways has asked me to go and look at someones collection who has recently passed on, his kids where about throw it all in the skip, but I suggested they get someone in who can give them a fair price for it all, which they did, but now I hear the son thinks it is a pot of gold and is asking really silly money for some of the collection.

I have to be honest about this I don't have a clue who I could leave all my model railway stuff to or the book collection, as for the rest of it, I think it would be classified as old tat.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Colin R said:

.....but I suggested they get someone in who can give them a fair price for it all, which they did, but now I hear the son thinks it is a pot of gold and is asking really silly money for some of the collection.

Sounds like the son didn't really know his father and doesn't appreciate that the real value of the model railway collection was the enjoyment his dad got from operating them. Mind, I know lots of people who don't understand my fascination with model trains and some have asked what they're worth as an investment. Don't think many people consider model railways as a legitimate pass time.

Anyway, on to the subject at hand. While interested, I'm sort of not really bothered about what IRM's next major announcement will be. With the impending arrival of the Class 22 000 railcars I'm fairly covered. At some stage I'd like to have something for my silver A classes to haul but that is no longer the priority it once was, however, I'd find it hard to say no to silver B101 or C201 locomotives.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Colin R said:

Sadly a local Charity manager who knows I am in to all things railways has asked me to go and look at someones collection who has recently passed on, his kids where about throw it all in the skip, but I suggested they get someone in who can give them a fair price for it all, which they did, but now I hear the son thinks it is a pot of gold and is asking really silly money for some of the collection.

I have to be honest about this I don't have a clue who I could leave all my model railway stuff to or the book collection, as for the rest of it, I think it would be classified as old tat.

How to sell model railways 101 if you don’t know what your doing 

at cork model swap meet a family landed with a car full of stuff from a layout of a grandfather who passed away recently. He came looking for advice to move it on possibly for free…..I convinced him to buy a table at the event which was actually slowing down at the time his van full of stuff had turned into an empty table  after just 1 hour.zzzand a huge bundle of cash had apeared. Selling stuff for 5-10 percent below what they would cost on the internet with the assistance of some event orgs users 

I still have the “Hornby Irish train pack” I got off him for 50 quid. Too be honestly I’ll probobly sell it at the next swap meet but it was still an example of exactly what to do in situations such as inheritance. 

I have educated my family on how expensive the collection of books, memorabilia and models are worth. So luckily I’m safe for now. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Broithe said:

Mmm, safe?

Assuming they don't bump you off and cash in...

That's my missus plan for me when I shunt off to the shed in the sky, sell the collection and go on a curise.  Considering the going rake for Mk5 sleepers and BGMs, it would be a long curise if I was to have an accident atm...

• Like 2
  • WOW! 1