IRM Announcements.

Rate this topic

Fowler4f

On 2/2/2023 at 5:27 PM, Broithe said:

So, no hope at all for Lartigue, then?

Seems to be plenty of 0-3-0’s made in Lego for some strange reason. 

considering the last announcement was a powered railcar, I doubt that anything in the next 6 months at least  will be powered. 

We can expect possibly another “announcement” at Wexford in a few months time 

21 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

considering the last announcement was a powered railcar, I doubt that anything in the next 6 months at least  will be powered.

It's going to be a major announcement so, more than likely, it'll be a powered unit/units. Can't rule out the DART 8100 series - sure that'd be popular.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

39 minutes ago, connollystn said:

It's going to be a major announcement so, more than likely, it'll be a powered unit/units. Can't rule out the DART 8100 series - sure that'd be popular.

I'm old school, so I wish that it would be Park Royals, C class engines or Ammonia tankers. I have had enough of the red oxide stuff for now to be honest ( sorry guys). I have a rake of blue Tara's too, which are fantastic models, and look a lot better in the flesh so to speak, than on the website. An old 70's / 80's suburban push pull railcar would be nice. Ah well, may as well dream now as tonight in bed. Paul.

• Like 6
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, connollystn said:

@exciecoachbuilder - Agree with your sentiment. My preference would certainly be the Park Royals, a passenger coach of that era (silver/green) is desired, especially, to haul behind my A30 and they operated up until the mid 1990s - don't recall any of the modern stock lasting that long.

The Park Royal coaches would be a great one to do as they span the period 1955 to 1990 with many liveries Silver , Green , Black and tan and IR B&T with two white stripes , also many variants Suburban, mainline , Guard/ brake, Snack car etc  

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, connollystn said:

@exciecoachbuilder - Agree with your sentiment. My preference would certainly be the Park Royal’

I can say with some confidence that something like that may not be too far away. At least we have hattons 6 wheel coaches coming….and of course those 3D print MGWR 3rds if you can paint em up yourself…..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Westcorkrailway said:

I can say with some confidence that something like that may not be too far away. At least we have hattons 6 wheel coaches coming….and of course those 3D print MGWR 3rds if you can paint em up yourself…..

looks like I missed this about the 3D prints do you have a link please?

15 minutes ago, Noel said:

Apologies have not kept up with this whole thread. Is there an announcement due in Feb or March?

Nothing concrete but expect an IRM steam announcement soon. Wouldn't be surprised by a bus announcement this month, and a Bubble re-run announcement in the coming months. Boskonay said something last autumn about having several new "ranges" coming, which is super scary.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I'm betting on IRM 071's before the turn of the decade, with a special limited edition 319 Retales variant just for me!

Would suggest that there's more of a demand for models other than the 071. As for the 319 - can't see a OO being produced just for one customer unless, that is, you're willing to pay €500K. Still think it'll either be the B101s, C201s or DART 8100s.

1 hour ago, connollystn said:

Would suggest that there's more of a demand for models other than the 071. As for the 319 - can't see a OO being produced just for one customer unless, that is, you're willing to pay €500K. Still think it'll either be the B101s, C201s or DART 8100s.

The irony was lost on someone then..

• Funny 1

4 hours ago, connollystn said:

B or C would be lovely 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, connollystn said:

He's not Chinese but the one thing he can TAKE AWAY from this is that it could be ages before IRM make their next major announcement.

You're not implying the IRM lads are deliberately maintaining a great wall of silence are you??

Edited by murphaph
  • Like 2
  • Funny 2