IRM Announcements.

Rate this topic

Fowler4f

1 hour ago, Fowler4f said:

You didnโ€™t miss an announcement, everyone just saying what they would like in the next production run.

I probably put the wrong emoji in, have been enjoying the suggestions and countdown all along, so I know I missed nothing. Like everyone else cannot wait for the next announcement. ๐Ÿ‘

As The Boys seem so reluctant to announce whatever is coming, I've been buying new toys.

First, all the way from NZ is one of John's Rank Wagons (had to have one as I watched the late Drew Donaldson build one in his workshop - my vocabulary was extended by some of his exclamations). The brake van was simply to make it worth the postage. DPD charge a fortune, but the wagons were with me in under a week.

IMG_4761.thumb.jpg.82baf9a3c8d31c6b93d05297cad72c24.jpg

Seen here on the cattle wagon test train - I'm ironing out issues with my rather long train of GN cattle wagons).

Or in close-up.

IMG_4759.thumb.jpg.8c6b5651a4904b9c0571ae64c88a507b.jpg

When I ordered my CIE six wheelers from Hattons, I added one of their GNR six wheel full brakes, as I can't resist a good "tailvan". That arrived today and is here seen beside a Hornby LNER sixwheeler - the Hattons one is closer to the GN as we know it? The brake has lights as you can see.

IMG_4756.thumb.jpg.2b169c93a262c6126b634aa1f6959ab4.jpg

And a close-up to give you a better look!

IMG_47562.thumb.jpg.c6e961251707f168c9619c1405f58341.jpg

ย 

Edited by leslie10646
New photo
  • Like 11

JB is quite right.

They were built for me by Richard Eliis-Hobbs and used the corrugated ends from the famous Dapol banana vans. I believe that the body is Plasticard.

I don't know if any of you watched Ciaran Conney's brilliant talk to the IRRS London tonight, but in the background of one of the photos was Cement Van No.21 taken in 1957 when it had just been built!!!

This was the second run, I haven't got a pic of No.21 to hand! I originally ordered 100, but when the orders poured in the night i put my website up (2007), I went back to Dapol next morning and asked for the order to be increased to 200. They all went, then came 150 of this one and a hundred in CIE guise.

Most unusually, a British van was just right for Ireland!

GNCement2229.jpg.0509b04583a76975223659c2cdf8c048.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StevieB said:

What are the two wagons in the background of the first photo? They look like a pair of hopper wagons made out of box vans.

Stephen

Bulk Cement Actuallyย ๐Ÿ˜‰

Introduced by the GNR for Drogheda-Athy bulk cement traffic, one passed to Westrail Tuam may still be in existence at Dunsandle

ย 

33 minutes ago, Fowler4f said:

7 Restless nights, didnโ€™t The Dubliners write a song about that. Or was that Guinness just talking !

It was the Guinness talking, most likely. No harm in that, you could have worse things talking (my x comes to mind). Speaking of talking, no word from the guys at IRM yet, good chance you'll have lots of Guinness talk before that happens - it's amazing how much you can consume in seven days.

I must confess that I would be happy with a relatively quiet IRM year.

1. Two-tone green Dublin buses announced this month, in stock late March or early april.

2. GSR 800 Class announced next month for delivery in 2024 Q4.

3. Bubble re-run announced in May for delivery in Q4 this year.

4. P47 announced in July for delivery in 2024 Q3.

5. 071 CAD-only announcement in August for a hopeful (but not promised) delivery in 2025.

6. A new coach range announced in September for delivery in 2025 Q1.

7. A second bus run announced in October, due in stock before Christmas, either yellow and blue or cream and blue Dublin buses.

Happy days, I can survive the year!

• Informative 1

11 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

1. Two-tone green Dublin buses announced this month, in stock late March or early april.

2. GSR 800 Class announced next month for delivery in 2024 Q4.

3. Bubble re-run announced in May for delivery in Q4 this year.

4. P47 announced in July for delivery in 2024 Q3.

5. 071 CAD-only announcement in August for a hopeful (but not promised) delivery in 2025.

6. A new coach range announced in September for delivery in 2025 Q1.

7. A second bus run announced in October, due in stock before Christmas, either yellow and blue or cream and blue Dublin buses.

Happy days, I can survive the year!

No containers on the list? ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

• Funny 1

53 minutes ago, Broithe said:

I'm presuming that we might be subject to an announcement atย https://modelrail-scotland.co.uk/ย on the 24/5/6th, with Accurascale being a 'show supporter'.

ย 

Well done Broithe, probably the most sensible post on this thread.

I hope to be abroad, so can someone text me and tell me which kits to delete from my offerings?

Thanks

Leslie

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

15 minutes ago, skinner75 said:

On the bus front - can we have millions and millions of Van Hool Atlanteans pretty please?!?!? Loads of livery variations, just like the Volvos

ย 

Unlikely because:

ย 

On 15/7/2021 at 2:17 PM, Warbonnet said:

Nope. We don't compete with first class products and the resin Van Hool is certainly that. There were a few runs of the KD Bombardiers and the Standard D Atlanteans from the same stable, so imagine it will be the same for the Van Hools.ย 

ย 

17 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Have to agree with that statement (in bold) as my budget can only stretch to a set of the class 22,000 this year

Can certainly wait a little while longer for the 071 for as the ICRs tick all of the boxes but, a little something to run with my silvers As would be most welcome.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Thankfully IRM donโ€™t announce stuff in CAD form anymoreโ€ฆ.I feel like waiting so long for an 071 would cause people on this forum to turn insane!ย 

Hopefully they make an exception in an effort to cool down the resale market. Locos going for โ‚ฌ500 and โ‚ฌ600 is a tad bit much.

• Like 3