Dún Laoghaire Exhibition

Rate this topic

josefstadt

• 2 months later...
Should be there tomorrow between 12 and 2 if anyone is around? Dave, you there in a professional capacity or just to hang around?

Professional MRSI Tea Maker and cleaner upper :mad:

Hope to have a building or two by Glenderg, Malahide signal Box has been mentioned...............

The exhibition was very good today ,well worth a visit tomorrow

For me the best layout was the one in Boskonays picture, just the rolling stock and the scenery did it for me ,even though O gauge isn't my cup of tea

The 071's looked excellent and hearing them go by with a tara mines train every evening makes me think even more it would be a crime no to fit them with a sound decoder

It was a great day at Dun Laoghaire yesterday,

Anyone who can should head there today,

It was a pleasure meeting up with Anthony,Fran and Paul R along with many others,

Highlight for me of course was the 071/112 at Paddy Murphy's stand,Paddy being his usual helpful and courteous gentleman that he is,

Layouts were top class-Dorset Jctn being my favourite,

Well done to all concerned-roll on October....

I'm raging that I've missed this, I couldn't make it due to ill health :mad:

Your price lists were much discussed and distributed nonetheless!:tumbsup:

Quick raft of snaps from the show. Really well organised, good location and a few yummy mummies to boot.

A swiss N gauge layout from South Dublin Club, a very tidy bit of work, with two levels of running lines.

Dorset Street Junction - from the MRSI - O gauge layout with some tasty cream and brown coaches and locos too.

An idyllic single line country scene running different stock from the 50's/60's period.

DSCF5601.jpg

DSCF5600.jpg

DSCF5580.jpg

DSCF5579.jpg

DSCF5578.jpg

DSCF5577.jpg

DSCF5576.jpg

DSCF5575.jpg

DSCF5574.jpg

DSCF5573.jpg

DSCF5572.jpg

DSCF5571.jpg

DSCF5570.jpg

DSCF5569.jpg

DSCF5601.jpg

DSCF5600.jpg

DSCF5580.jpg

DSCF5579.jpg

DSCF5578.jpg

DSCF5577.jpg

DSCF5576.jpg

DSCF5575.jpg

DSCF5574.jpg

DSCF5573.jpg

DSCF5572.jpg

DSCF5571.jpg

DSCF5570.jpg

DSCF5569.jpg

Some lovely military modelling Seamus on Fort Camden, lovely photos also. The Sea and Air models photographed be Richie also look amazing. I couldn't make it myself unfortunately but well done to all concerned and congratulations on what looks to have been a great success.

Rich,

with all the lads posting you would emagine that we would have ran into each other at some part of the afternoon. i knew that enniscorthyman was there cos i got lost and rang him for directions! thought i saw wrenneire but couldnt be sure as its a year since i saw him at another dublin show:o next show we should post when we were going so we could meet and mabe have a scoup...even if its tea!

I spent most of the day out there Saturday, and met up with quite a few heads - Dartstation, GM071, Warbonnet, Anthony and of course, Wrenneire. Even got to [nearly] finish a model for Anthony, then forgot to take photos of it:((. Craic was had indeed, and I wondered why there wasn't a poster up for this forum!